What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

Frenzy.

Immortal
Which genius allowed the contracts with 3 major sponsors end in the same year?

You would all like to say it is Bazza but it wasn’t

Bang & Olufsen, Martec and Opal Solar all had deals ending in 2018.

B&O started 2017
Opal Solar started 2017
Martec started 2014

Someone dropped the sponsorship ball before Bazza.

Probably Coach Gorman. Wasn’t he CEO in 2015 also?

What state are Moanly in now?

I still say the real pharque up was the lack of due dilligence before Bazza self reported. The Sharks should have had forensic auditing on their puters before self reporting.

Also, wouldn’t Bazza need board approval before the self reporting? They are HIS bosses. Who are/were thos clowns that are getting off scot free by the vox populi?

taipan

Referee
I'm starting to believe Lyall ain't the be all and end all, most of us thought ATT.

Oversupply of merchandise,salary cap issues, emails were not during Bazza's tenure.

Generalzod

Immortal
Barry started early 2018 (Feb) surely he must have known that there was a crisis in hand with corporate sponsorship support for 2019, yet he had time to self report...

taipan

Referee
Barry started early 2018 (Feb) surely he must have known that there was a crisis in hand with corporate sponsorship support for 2019, yet he had time to self report...

My gut feeling FWIW, he conducted fully the usual due diligence that any CEO or accountant worth his salt would do.Hence the self reporting.Why leave yourself open for instant removal.

And regarding a football club, that should cover a myriad of areas, sponsorship, player retention, player salaries,salary cap compliance, player managers ,football club dept, licenced club tie up, memberships, community involvement, likely monies provided by developer to the Licensed club and the impact on the football club, district juniors.and other costs.

Too many things to review, and sponsorship thus not being given the time that was needed.
You can't be fined for not getting sponsorship, but salary cap a different baby.

Maybe he's too naive.But the club has had too much managerial incompetence for yonks.

shaggs

Coach
I'm starting to believe Lyall ain't the be all and end all, most of us thought ATT.

Oversupply of merchandise,salary cap issues, emails were not during Bazza's tenure.
You can still buy those premiership T-shirt’s for less than $10. Must have ordered thousands

Which genius allowed the contracts with 3 major sponsors end in the same year?

You would all like to say it is Bazza but it wasn’t

Bang & Olufsen, Martec and Opal Solar all had deals ending in 2018.

B&O started 2017
Opal Solar started 2017
Martec started 2014

Someone dropped the sponsorship ball before Bazza.

Probably Coach Gorman. Wasn’t he CEO in 2015 also?

What state are Moanly in now?

I still say the real pharque up was the lack of due dilligence before Bazza self reported. The Sharks should have had forensic auditing on their puters before self reporting.

Also, wouldn’t Bazza need board approval before the self reporting? They are HIS bosses. Who are/were thos clowns that are getting off scot free by the vox populi?
I've been saying for a while that Gorman is just a snake oil salesman.
I'm surprised this little snippet from Weirdler last week didn't make it on here.....

"The Sharks are also convinced that former chief executive Lyall Gorman, who is now at the helm of the Sea Eagles, has been given immunity by the NRL integrity unit to give evidence. I put that to Gorman and he said: “I have nothing to roll for. Seriously. An absolute load of nonsense.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...stand-down-jack-de-belin-20190216-p50yb6.html

Of course Gorman would say That, as if he'd admit to it

PJ

First Grade
I've been saying for a while that Gorman is just a snake oil salesman.
I'm surprised this little snippet from Weirdler last week didn't make it on here.....

"The Sharks are also convinced that former chief executive Lyall Gorman, who is now at the helm of the Sea Eagles, has been given immunity by the NRL integrity unit to give evidence. I put that to Gorman and he said: “I have nothing to roll for. Seriously. An absolute load of nonsense.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...stand-down-jack-de-belin-20190216-p50yb6.html

Of course Gorman would say That, as if he'd admit to it

How the f^&k would he get immunity when he would have been largely responsible. Like giving Manson immunity to roll on the family members.

taipan

Referee
You can still buy those premiership T-shirt’s for less than $10. Must have ordered thousands

After the win ,I felt like buying the shop out.But geez surely a little homework, as to likely demand would have been in order.Instead of "everyone who has lived in the Shire at one stage or visited" ,will buy the premiership gear.
Lyall deserves some kudos no doubt that we won it.

Ads

First Grade
After the win ,I felt like buying the shop out.But geez surely a little homework, as to likely demand would have been in order.Instead of "everyone who has lived in the Shire at one stage or visited" ,will buy the premiership gear.
Lyall deserves some kudos no doubt that we won it.
Probably chased the profit by falling for the old higher units for lower cost per unit chestnut.

taipan

Referee
Probably chased the profit by falling for the old higher units for lower cost per unit chestnut.

Doesn't that come under the old economies of scale routine?
Why supermarkets have buying power.
Maybe Lyall thought the Sharks were like a supermarket, every man woman and child needed us.
Then again at times we act "cheap".

Ads

First Grade
Doesn't that come under the old economies of scale routine?
Why supermarkets have buying power.
Maybe Lyall thought the Sharks were like a supermarket, every man woman and child needed us.
Then again at times we act "cheap".
Yep. Still a big incentive in clothing to order big.

Latest posts