What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

Sharkman

Juniors
Flanogone - great headline though. Western Sydney now fully informed.

More dross from Rothfield.

@carcharias - I've contemplated going through "exclusive" stories before post event and calling out the falsehoods, especially around 2014 when Hooper and FgnKent were pumping us. Always too busy, but one day I'd love for someone in power at a club, to hand over a dossier of their own on a journo that shites on an "exclusive" story that's just compiled of guesswork.

carcharias

Immortal
Flanogone - great headline though. Western Sydney now fully informed.

More dross from Rothfield.

@carcharias - I've contemplated going through "exclusive" stories before post event and calling out the falsehoods, especially around 2014 when Hooper and FgnKent were pumping us. Always too busy, but one day I'd love for someone in power at a club, to hand over a dossier of their own on a journo that shites on an "exclusive" story that's just compiled of guesswork.

What is this?

Edit

Sorry just re read it
I thought for a second Rothfeild had mentioned me or some shit.

Last edited:

Western Stand

Juniors
I could go and destroy people’s lives through the media I suppose
What is to destroy if there isn't any truth to it?

Rothfield is a blight on the game. However, there always seems to be a stench of misappropriation around your coach.

Cut ties with him now and maybe your club can start healing it's poor relations with the media and corporate Australia. Continue to stick your head in the sand and blame others for reporting bad things and you will never get out of the quicksand.

It's up to your management and your members to say that enough is enough. If Rothfield, Kent, Cooper et al continue to wear your wrath, you can kiss goodbye to your club in it's current form. They are only reporting the stories and allegations that keep being presented to them.

Two choices - continue to blame the media or change.

sharkpanfa

Juniors

Rothfield is a blight on the game. However, there always seems to be a stench of misappropriation around your coach.

Cut ties with him now and maybe your club can start healing it's poor relations with the media and corporate Australia. Continue to stick your head in the sand and blame others for reporting bad things and you will never get out of the quicksand.

It's up to your management and your members to say that enough is enough. If Rothfield, Kent, Cooper et al continue to wear your wrath, you can kiss goodbye to your club in it's current form. They are only reporting the stories and allegations that keep being presented to them.

Or employ someone who has the media under his thumb!!

taipan

Referee
Gee if true.Are we the Fawlty Towers of the NRL clubs?
When it comes to natural disasters our club never fails to deliver.
I swear I've aged faster, since I started following this club decades ago.

Quicksilver

Bench

But you've written this based on a Rothfield story. You don't even know what has happened yet. Rothfield's own version of the events have changed numerous times just over the last couple of weeks.

Western Stand

Juniors
Or employ someone who has the media under his thumb!!
Not sure how he has the media under his thumb. The club has copped a hammering since he joined in 2012. The difference is, the club and its employees tend not to do things that bring the game into disrepute.
There is no story if you aren't doing anything wrong. But hey, continue to blame the media if it suits you.

carcharias

Immortal

You might have missed my point.

Western Stand

Juniors
But you've written this based on a Rothfield story. You don't even know what has happened yet. Rothfield's own version of the events have changed numerous times just over the last couple of weeks.
You are 100% correct.

That is the thing though isn't it, perception is reality. It doesn't matter one bit what I think, Cronulla isn't my club. However, the stories splashed on the front page of the newspaper has a profounding effect on potential sponsors and members.

If News Corp is wrong, the Sharks should sue them for slander and inaccuracies reported. It is ruining the brand and that is fair grounds for a law suit. However, there never seems to be a retort from Cronulla other than a meek......the report isn't accurate.

I actually feel sorry for you, the fans. We all invest financially and emotionally in our clubs. It would be demoralising to wake up and read these type of articles all the time.

Put a broom through the place and get rid of the cliques.

sharkpanfa

Juniors
Not sure how he has the media under his thumb. The club has copped a hammering since he joined in 2012. The difference is, the club and its employees tend not to do things that bring the game into disrepute.
There is no story if you aren't doing anything wrong. But hey, continue to blame the media if it suits you.
Bryce Cartwright (covered up)
Matt Moylan (covered up)
Players punching on with security in club foyer (covered up).
I am not blaming the media, the club have screwed up many times. My point is that most/all clubs do stupid things not all indiscretions are reported.
Certain clubs with powerful people in charge get away with things, are protected you might say.

carcharias

Immortal
Sue?

Ha
That’ll kill us even if we win.
That’s why the players took the token back dated penalty.
Where in the rules is that even a thing for drug cheats?
It’s not.
They could’ve gone to court spent years and won but ended up broke .

Western Stand

Juniors
You might have missed my point.
That you have the opinion that it is everyone else's fault except the coach or club?

With over 38,000 posts, you obviously love your club. At what point do you think you should look at the club and wonder - maybe we are the cause of our own issues? Maybe we do need to change?

carcharias

Immortal
That you have the opinion that it is everyone else's fault except the coach or club?

With over 38,000 posts, you obviously love your club. At what point do you think you should look at the club and wonder - maybe we are the cause of our own issues? Maybe we do need to change?

Actually
I said I hoped Rothfield dies
Some pleb had a dig at me for my morals
I replied with I could be a gutter journo or words to that effect

So yeah
You missed my point

Let it go Luke

Western Stand

Juniors
Bryce Cartwright (covered up)
Matt Moylan (covered up)
Players punching on with security in club foyer (covered up).
I am not blaming the media, the club have screwed up many times. My point is that most/all clubs do stupid things not all indiscretions are reported.
Certain clubs with powerful people in charge get away with things, are protected you might say.
100% every club has skeleton's. We all know the Cartwright and Moylan stories so they weren't really covered up.
On the flip side, how often do the media report the good news stories? Cronulla, like the other 15 clubs would have tons of these too that never see the light of day.

Western Stand

Juniors
Actually
I said I hoped Rothfield dies
Some pleb had a dig at me for my morals
I replied with I could be a gutter journo or words to that effect

So yeah
You missed my point
Nah, I got it. I think the other person nailed the comment back to you and I wasn't going to be able to add anything.

Latest posts