What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

Quigs

Immortal
Can we buy 'Good old" Buzz a second hand Ice Cream Truck.

Fharkkk I'll even throw in twenty bucks.

Hey....it's your funeral. If he wants to blame everyone else, don't be too surprised when the hearse pulls up just after he has pulled his head out of the sand.
Happy to converse on this stuff after the facts come out, not speculation and innuendo of known Sharks bashing morons at a borish arse clown bait driven dribbling useless flog of a newspaper.

If you get the drift, it would make no difference if god was the chairman and Jesus the CEO with angelic players and coach, those flogs would make shit up to get you and others to click on their rubbish articles.

shaggs

Coach
Like sands through the hour glass, rugby league will continue to cannibalise itself.

The on field product and ability to show everything with the camera work and footage is second to none in Australia.

The problem as it has always been is that we were a working mans game. Played by tough but in society’s eyes dumb and rough/bogan men.
The game sells itself. The dopes running each club, the players doing stupid shit and the media sticking knives into each unsavoury incident until it’s minced, whilst every good story gets put into a small column on page 36, causes the game at all levels to go cap in hand to sponsors and offer deals at discount rates.

Clean out all the boys clubs running each level and get the clubs and nrl sorted.
Bad behaviour gets you punted for minimum 12 months.

Walker et al should be the test cases for player behaviour.
If flanno has done the wrong thing and breached his conditions l, then he should go. Fall on his sword. Stop being a whiner and accept responsibility for the first time.
The nrl then needs to get the management of clubs to have guidelines and open reporting of procedures.

RandyAndy

Juniors
You are 100% correct.

I actually feel sorry for you, the fans. We all invest financially and emotionally in our clubs. It would be demoralising to wake up and read these type of articles all the time.

Put a broom through the place and get rid of the cliques.

it is hard to continually see your local team that you grew up supporting getting bashed left right and centre, 2019 will probabaly be a tough yeah again and am somewhat regretting getting my nephew one of those memberships for christmas,a s the season will be mostly in a cloud of negativity and he was upset wjen holmes left

it makes you think what were the clb truly wanting to get out of self reporting and did they truly deicuss what the ramifications would be? losing all sponsors, getting bagged by the business in a company signing with a rival team, constantly displayed negatively in the media and read in the truck today the front page, back page, and additonal page in the sports section, opening up the possibility of withheld fines further financially stressing the club even further with a $400k fine, so will anohther round of redundancies need to be done to then better improve the financialy stability of the club

also got told about a coaches sponsorship deal about a week ago and now cant see it on the website along wiht no news that they signed a coach sponsor

It would be extremely naive to think Flanno wasn't in constant contact with the club all through his year off. Do we think he is smart enough to take the steps to hide that?
I think arrogance plays a big part, but your point is noted.

carcharias

Immortal
It would be extremely naive to think Flanno wasn't in constant contact with the club all through his year off. Do we think he is smart enough to take the steps to hide that?

If this is true and it was an email ..

Wasn’t the NRL in control of our club at the time?

What sort of hopeless merkins are they then?

Western Stand

Juniors
Happy to converse on this stuff after the facts come out, not speculation and innuendo of known Sharks bashing morons at a borish arse clown bait driven dribbling useless flog of a newspaper.

If you get the drift, it would make no difference if god was the chairman and Jesus the CEO with angelic players and coach, those flogs would make shit up to get you and others to click on their rubbish articles.
Point taken

Quicksilver

Bench
You are 100% correct.

That is the thing though isn't it, perception is reality. It doesn't matter one bit what I think, Cronulla isn't my club. However, the stories splashed on the front page of the newspaper has a profounding effect on potential sponsors and members.

If News Corp is wrong, the Sharks should sue them for slander and inaccuracies reported. It is ruining the brand and that is fair grounds for a law suit. However, there never seems to be a retort from Cronulla other than a meek......the report isn't accurate.

I actually feel sorry for you, the fans. We all invest financially and emotionally in our clubs. It would be demoralising to wake up and read these type of articles all the time.

Put a broom through the place and get rid of the cliques.

True. But I guess it depends on whether you believe in fairness or not. I believe in fairness. I will stand up for what is right. If it turns out he needs to be sacked then so be it.

I'm not interested in perception any more. I want a fair investigation. I want real facts reported. I want balance. I want punishment where warranted. I don't want a molehill turned into a mountain. I want to be informed about the intricacies. I don't want to be yelled at with a newspaper headline that strays from the facts of the case.

Some of what they report has an element of truth to it, but more often than not it is conflated to a point where it doesn't reflect the actual events at all. I don't just say this about Sharks stuff either. It's everything they do. From the front page to the back.

News Ltd know full well that the Sharks aren't in a position to sue. We all know it. So it's just picking on the little kid in the playground.

I'm tired. I've been following this bullshit for the last 10 years. I now have a massive chip on my shoulder towards everything in this sport and it's unhealthy. I have virtually no goodwill left towards opposition supporters, and they have none left towards my club either. This isn't the way sport should be conducted.

I'm just a guy that wants to watch sportsmen from my local area compete in sport. I've lived a breathed Rugby League since I was 5 years old. I've played, I've coached, I've watched.

To be honest I'd now actually rather we die fighting for something worthwhile than being left a corporate shill of a club. Corporate Australia (particularly the financial services and the media) are the last people on earth that can preach to a Rugby League club about ethics.

But I guess ultimately they win. If they want us gone it's going to happen one way or another. I'm prepared to walk away from the game now. I probably wasn't a couple of years ago but here we are. Each one of these things has drained me a little more and I have nothing left to give.I'm just a guy that wants to watch a sport. But I can't take the absolute toxicity that surrounds this game now. In every facet of it. It stinks. It's truly worn me down.

So yeah. They'll get rid of the club and I'll go too. If alienating me was what they wanted, here it is. That's probably at least $2,000 a year that I spend on the sport gone (not to mention my physical hours of volunteering). That was free, easy money and manpower invested into the sport that came at virtually no cost to them but I'm sure it won't be missed. I'll invest my time in other more worthwhile pursuits. They can go down whatever path it is that they like.

They make the quick buck out of the shock headline but in doing so they've damaged the core product. That cow won't continue to produce milk for ever.

Ads

First Grade
If this is true and it was an email ..

Wasn’t the NRL in control of our club at the time?

What sort of hopeless merkins are they then?
Maybe the ceo, but he still had the majority of his football staff there.

Western Stand

Juniors
So the question is, is Rothfield a true Sharks supporter as he claims to be or is he a double agent?

If the guy, no matter what the majority of us think of him, is just doing his job and trying to report something he believes to be true, I would be pretty happy with him as his manager.

We all know the old adage of where there is smoke, there is fire right? As painful as it sometimes is to hear, perhaps there actually is something rotten at Cronulla. It won't be fixed unless it is acknowledged.

Maybe Rothfield is actually doing your club a favour by highlighting the issues and is trying to bring them to a head. Maybe in 10 years time, the fans and club will be thanking him for drawing them out.

Then again, it is Rothfield and nobody in the sport has an agenda playlist like he does.

Time will tell I guess.

Quicksilver. That is me 100%. f**king over it. Over defending it to my friends. They are the first to message me when this shit comes out like it’s my doing. Even my father in-law can’t speak to me about anything but the sharks. Ffs it’s them not me.

Quigs

Immortal
There are fires all over the NRL West. Buzz just loves shitting in his own nest.

It must be some sort of a warped mental problem.

I suppost if you are a pisshead that needs to produce articles to meet deadlines than it is easier just to rock up down the local club and extract info from your alleged mates, blood sucking leach style than to get off your bloated arse and start to do a bit of investigations into other clubs known ongoing problems.

There are too many to list but you know a few of them already.

ouryears

Bench
True. But I guess it depends on whether you believe in fairness or not. I believe in fairness. I will stand up for what is right. If it turns out he needs to be sacked then so be it.

I'm not interested in perception any more. I want a fair investigation. I want real facts reported. I want balance. I want punishment where warranted. I don't want a molehill turned into a mountain. I want to be informed about the intricacies. I don't want to be yelled at with a newspaper headline that strays from the facts of the case.

Some of what they report has an element of truth to it, but more often than not it is conflated to a point where it doesn't reflect the actual events at all. I don't just say this about Sharks stuff either. It's everything they do. From the front page to the back.

News Ltd know full well that the Sharks aren't in a position to sue. We all know it. So it's just picking on the little kid in the playground.

I'm tired. I've been following this bullshit for the last 10 years. I now have a massive chip on my shoulder towards everything in this sport and it's unhealthy. I have virtually no goodwill left towards opposition supporters, and they have none left towards my club either. This isn't the way sport should be conducted.

I'm just a guy that wants to watch sportsmen from my local area compete in sport. I've lived a breathed Rugby League since I was 5 years old. I've played, I've coached, I've watched.

To be honest I'd now actually rather we die fighting for something worthwhile than being left a corporate shill of a club. Corporate Australia (particularly the financial services and the media) are the last people on earth that can preach to a Rugby League club about ethics.

But I guess ultimately they win. If they want us gone it's going to happen one way or another. I'm prepared to walk away from the game now. I probably wasn't a couple of years ago but here we are. Each one of these things has drained me a little more and I have nothing left to give.I'm just a guy that wants to watch a sport. But I can't take the absolute toxicity that surrounds this game now. In every facet of it. It stinks. It's truly worn me down.

So yeah. They'll get rid of the club and I'll go too. If alienating me was what they wanted, here it is. That's probably at least $2,000 a year that I spend on the sport gone (not to mention my physical hours of volunteering). That was free, easy money and manpower invested into the sport that came at virtually no cost to them but I'm sure it won't be missed. I'll invest my time in other more worthwhile pursuits. They can go down whatever path it is that they like.

They make the quick buck out of the shock headline but in doing so they've damaged the core product. That cow won't continue to produce milk for ever.
Dead set sick to death of clubs like yours, Storm, Grubs, RoRters and Eels cheating, or rorting, or displaying gross misconduct.

You are always in the news, but always claim innocence. How about cleaning out the joint and setting a good example to your young fans, giving them a club to be proud of, instead of constant denial and cover up.

Clean out the swamp.