What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

carcharias

Immortal
So the question is, is Rothfield a true Sharks supporter as he claims to be or is he a double agent?

If the guy, no matter what the majority of us think of him, is just doing his job and trying to report something he believes to be true, I would be pretty happy with him as his manager.

We all know the old adage of where there is smoke, there is fire right? As painful as it sometimes is to hear, perhaps there actually is something rotten at Cronulla. It won't be fixed unless it is acknowledged.

Maybe Rothfield is actually doing your club a favour by highlighting the issues and is trying to bring them to a head. Maybe in 10 years time, the fans and club will be thanking him for drawing them out.

Then again, it is Rothfield and nobody in the sport has an agenda playlist like he does.

Time will tell I guess.

Why are you so infatuated by the sharks?

That is the question.

carcharias

Immortal
Dead set sick to death of clubs like yours, Storm, Grubs, RoRters and Eels cheating, or rorting, or displaying gross misconduct.

You are always in the news, but always claim innocence. How about cleaning out the joint and setting a good example to your young fans, giving them a club to be proud of, instead of constant denial and cover up.

Clean out the swamp.

He gets better results than your drink driving coach

Western Stand

Juniors
There are fires all over the NRL West. Buzz just loves shitting in his own nest.

It must be some sort of a warped mental problem.

I suppost if you are a pisshead that needs to produce articles to meet deadlines than it is easier just to rock up down the local club and extract info from your alleged mates, blood sucking leach style than to get off your bloated arse and start to do a bit of investigations into other clubs known ongoing problems.

There are too many to list but you know a few of them already.
C'mon...it's time to take ownership of the problem.

Rothfield doesn't just print garbage about your club. I am a member of the club he has had a long standing loathing of the GM Football for. You need to acknowledge that it's not just about poor Cronulla, the media has it in for Cronulla. The NRL has it in for Cronulla etc.

If you look at the bare facts from the past 5-6 years, surely you have to see that the club has done more damage to itself than any so called - editor at large. Of course he might just put an extra bit of mayo on it but the stories are there for him to write about.

Cronulla Sharks - not Phil Rothfield need to acknowledge, own and eliminate the issues that have shrouded the club in controversy for the past 5-6 years.

I think Barry Russell is trying his damned best to do just that.

MilkShark

First Grade
I've been done with the sport for years now, I watch our games and even sometimes I don't bother. I do not give a single cent to the NRL, it's not a game I can enjoy anymore. The game actually makes me angry more often than not.

I was a Sharks member but i'm now a Sydney Kings member instead.

I played for the club, loved it, watched it my whole life but can't really be bothered with all the BS surrounding it.

Also, as long as rothfield is printing stories, we can expect to be in them, there is no changing that until he joins wilson in the grave.

Quicksilver

Bench
So the question is, is Rothfield a true Sharks supporter as he claims to be or is he a double agent?

If the guy, no matter what the majority of us think of him, is just doing his job and trying to report something he believes to be true, I would be pretty happy with him as his manager.

We all know the old adage of where there is smoke, there is fire right? As painful as it sometimes is to hear, perhaps there actually is something rotten at Cronulla. It won't be fixed unless it is acknowledged.

Maybe Rothfield is actually doing your club a favour by highlighting the issues and is trying to bring them to a head. Maybe in 10 years time, the fans and club will be thanking him for drawing them out.

Then again, it is Rothfield and nobody in the sport has an agenda playlist like he does.

Time will tell I guess.

Well. There's a lot to that really.

You need to look at the club politics over the time since the ASADA story broke.

The short story is this- Rothfield helped get a Board elected whose main agenda was to protect the coach through the ASADA investigation. This is at the same time that the coach was being drilled by his papers for being behind the drug program.

I don't know how you can have an each-way bet on that in good faith.

Western Stand

Juniors
Well. There's a lot to that really.

You need to look at the club politics over the time since the ASADA story broke.

The short story is this- Rothfield helped get a Board elected whose main agenda was to protect the coach through the ASADA investigation. This is at the same time that the coach was being drilled by his papers for being behind the drug program.

I don't know how you can have an each-way bet on that in good faith.
The tangled web of lies, deceit, agenda's and opinions. You've got to love sport.

Get new people in that have no connection to the past and will not stand for explicit podcast language, road rage, junior abuse etc, etc, no matter how important the offender is to your roster. At that point, your club starts to stand for something and the sands start to shift in favour of you.

Craigshark

First Grade
Quicksilver. That is me 100%. f**king over it. Over defending it to my friends. They are the first to message me when this shit comes out like it’s my doing. Even my father in-law can’t speak to me about anything but the sharks. Ffs it’s them not me.

Yep, likewise. I use to care, now it’s just another normal day being a Sharks fan.

Quicksilver

Bench
The tangled web of lies, deceit, agenda's and opinions. You've got to love sport.

Get new people in that have no connection to the past and will not stand for explicit podcast language, road rage, junior abuse etc, etc, no matter how important the offender is to your roster. At that point, your club starts to stand for something and the sands start to shift in favour of you.

And therein lies the problem.

It's impossible for the average (voting) club member to make good decisions and apply sound judgement when everything that is reported is tinged with lies, deceit, agendas and opinions.

txta2

Bench
I'm over it as well. 40 year supporter I'm sick of the NRL, journos and other clubs supporters death riding the Sharks.

Quicksilver

Bench
Dead set sick to death of clubs like yours, Storm, Grubs, RoRters and Eels cheating, or rorting, or displaying gross misconduct.

You are always in the news, but always claim innocence. How about cleaning out the joint and setting a good example to your young fans, giving them a club to be proud of, instead of constant denial and cover up.

Clean out the swamp.

I don’t know what the cover up is that you’re referring to but this club has probably been under more scrutiny than any other sports club in the country.

Latest posts