What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

To be honest Im pretty excited about the Tracey signing. If Moga is anything to go buy, the new knee operations are not hindering speed whatsoever, & this kid is fast. A big upgrade from Flannagan for a 1/3 the price. Gret business, if his knees are fixed.

Ads

First Grade
To be honest Im pretty excited about the Tracey signing. If Moga is anything to go buy, the new knee operations are not hindering speed whatsoever, & this kid is fast. A big upgrade from Flannagan for a 1/3 the price. Gret business, if his knees are fixed.
His knees aren’t great and he’s not nrl quality.

Quigs

Immortal
And Cools, I bet you as you got older you always had an esky full of piss when you went out on the river in the tinny.

Poor bastards can't enjoy that wonderful character building experience anymore.

Nothing was better back in the day then spending hours up the creek fishin' and a crabbin and getting that plastered that you usually fell out of the boat back at the ramp.

Arhhhh the stories I could tell.

coolumsharkie

Referee
And Cools, I bet you as you got older you always had an esky full of piss when you went out on the river in the tinny.

Poor bastards can't enjoy that wonderful character building experience anymore.

Nothing was better back in the day then spending hours up the creek fishin' and a crabbin and getting that plastered that you usually fell out of the boat back at the ramp.

Arhhhh the stories I could tell.

Hahaha.. South West Arm, camping with Beers and other substances . Once we ran our rich mates, "Rajah" up onto the sand bank at Bonnyvale at around 40 knots cause we were too busy freaking out at the lights on the riverside. Not a scratch anywhere lol

Well, lets say he is on Par, but after 3 seasons completely away from the game, 2 less pre seasons, & this year as a confidence builder, is says a lot about the guy, to get 2 runs in first grade for a top 4 team.
Obviously he is meeting training KPI's & is performing in the lower grades.
To me that says a fit Connor Tracey, will surpass Flanagan as a player becaue he has everything he has & one thing Flanagan doesnt, which is this outright speed.

chewsta

First Grade
How old is Tracey? He has had big wraps on him since he was a very young kid so it makes it seem like he has been around forever.

Ads

First Grade
At this point in time though, he is better than Flanno Jnr.
If we want someone to partner SJ then Flanno is better. If we want an SJ backup then Tracy is better suited. Signed for Newtown anyways.

cb4

First Grade
If we want someone to partner SJ then Flanno is better. If we want an SJ backup then Tracy is better suited. Signed for Newtown anyways.
Based on what though? They are 2 years apart on age and Tracey is playing way better than him in NSW Cup.
I'd also argue that Tracey would have been just as good, if not better than Flanno if he played for us in firsts this year.
Flanno is ok, probably going to be good, but he won;t be any better than the guy in our 7 for the next few years.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Good to hear that CB4 ... I've always liked Tracey as a player, if he has luck with injuries from now on, I reckon he will be a very handy backup, NRL capable for sure.

Card Shark

Immortal
Flanno is ok, probably going to be good, but he won;t be any better than the guy in our 7 for the next few years.

I think Chad was way better than Flanno junior at the same age. I recall Chad being a master in older age junior footy (U21s or whatever it was in his day).

It took Chad a long time to step up to the next level. Some will say he’s stepping down again now.

Probably take young Flanno a while too.

Ads

First Grade
Based on what though? They are 2 years apart on age and Tracey is playing way better than him in NSW Cup.
I'd also argue that Tracey would have been just as good, if not better than Flanno if he played for us in firsts this year.
Based on his knees and style of play. Would have been a gun but sadly lost 3 years of development. Still hope I guess but he’s another knee injury away from retirement.

Hard to tell what his style of play is. He wasnt a huge stepper like Tedesco who nearly destoyed his knees his playing style. Tracey is just outright speed, like Johnno.

Latest posts