What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Head signs with Wests Tigers

brooksy19

Bench
http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=1055

Wests Tigers today announced the signing of talented half-back Matthew Head for season 2008.

Head has signed a one-year-deal with the club and is looking to re-establish his first grade career after spending time with Hull in the English Super League competition this year.

More details will be released shortly on the website.

Good signing, especially if its on the cheap till he can prove he's past his injuries.

:cool:

ByRd

First Grade
Good signing, will be an asset to the tigers if he can stay fit, impressive player

when he's fully fit and on his game he is a class act i just hope they don't pay too much for someone with such questionable fitness

badav

Bench
It was curtains for him at the Dragons the moment he dropped that ball over the line.

He wouldnt be on massive money and a 1 year deal, not too much of a risk for Wests. On the other hand he could be a great pickup.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Better than Morris I guess..that said Marshall and Head are hardly going to be great in defence. Beat teams in attack I guess.

brooksy19

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Better than Morris I guess..that said Marshall and Head are hardly going to be great in defence. Beat teams in attack I guess.

That'll be the plan, much like 2005. Prince is a terrible defender, but his classic style suited Benji's dynamic/flamboyunt style. In 2005, we might of let in 24 +, but we'd generally score 30.

I think with Benji & Head fit, we'll make the 8. No doubts.

lockyno1

Post Whore
brooksy19 said:
That'll be the plan, much like 2005. Prince is a terrible defender, but his classic style suited Benji's dynamic/flamboyunt style. In 2005, we might of let in 24 +, but we'd generally score 30.

I think with Benji & Head fit, we'll make the 8. No doubts.

And the best news..Morris not in the side as there is no need for a hooker with Farah at 9!

brooksy19

Bench
Morris will be a handy playre to cover injuries to lock, hooker, 5/8 or centre... but for the most part he'll be in reggies.

HEad is an Origin quality half when fit. Look at the utterly clueless turds to have played half for NSW since JOhns like Gower, Kimmorley and Finch (I won't include Mullen as the kid has a ton of potential). I would go so far as to say that if Head was fit in 05 St George would almost certainly have won the comp

lockyno1

Post Whore
brooksy19 said:
Morris will be a handy playre to cover injuries to lock, hooker, 5/8 or centre... but for the most part he'll be in reggies.

Morris at lock..now that would be funny..centre..you on the grass? 5/8, hooker, half should be his 3 positions he covers.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
brooksy19 said:
I guess Morris will be playing in round 2 given the most injury prone halves combo in the game are at the tigers now :lol:

eelandia

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Morris at lock..now that would be funny..centre..you on the grass? 5/8, hooker, half should be his 3 positions he covers.

He did totally outplay Lote on the wing a few years ago for the Knights...