What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Head v Firman

nqboy

First Grade
On the evidence of last night, you might have let the wrong one go. I saw a lot of great things from Firman last year but haven't watched Head too much this year.

I know it's mainly a question of timing with Firman being injured and Head coming good in his absence. Just on what I've seen, I would prefer Firman.

You guys watch them week in, week out, what do you think?

Southernsaint

Staff member
That was the poorest I've seen Matthew Head play, I feel that he'll come round again...

Firman is just injured too often, the club already has too many players like that.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
I don't think Firman would have been any better last night. His broken leg might have been a bit of a handicap.

Head played some sensational games this year while Firman had to watch from the sideline.

And then with June 30 loomimg plus salary cap questions... and all of sudden there was little choice.

Collateral

Coach
If Firman wasnt so injury prone, there is no doubt whatsoever as to who would be our number one halfback.

Head is very good when he wants to be but he has had a few shockers at the wrong end of the season.

drake

First Grade
Wasn't one of the original criticisms of Head when he was starting out something to do with attitude? I remember reading somewhere he was a bit of a slob.
Maybe he feels secure in his position, thus isn't playing out of his skin. Someone should remind him the Lincoln Withers is a halfback, and no-one is irreplacable, as Firman found out.
Not that Linc would be a better halfback, but he'd try harder than someone who thought they were set, and maybe give Matt a wake up call.

Nugby

Juniors
I got to agree with Drake though, I'd be letting Head know that come next year, we'll have Ennis who could probably play 80 at hooker so if Withers needs to fill another spot... Still because of that, you might see him play out of his skin so that Firman's stuck in premier league for the rest of this year.

drake

First Grade
Bloody hope so, nothing to pull you on track than the thought of 3 years of PL

Simon

Juniors
I got to agree with Drake though, I'd be letting Head know that come next year, we'll have Ennis who could probably play 80 at hooker so if Withers needs to fill another spot... Still because of that, you might see him play out of his skin so that Firman's stuck in premier league for the rest of this year.

No way, no how should Withers be considered for half back. He isn't up to first grade standard in that position. Hooker is where he excells and I don't care if Head has a shocker next year Withers should not be considered for the number 7. I think Brown has similar thoughts as I remember a game where Head became injured and Brown used Riddell at half back with Withers still at dummy half.

GO u DRAGONS

Juniors
Head will come good, though he is smaller in stature compared to Firman he definately has the skills of reading the game although there is plenty of room for improvement... but as they say...practice makes perfect.
Firman seems to be a liability to the club, regularly injured i.e shoulder reconstructions on both shoulders (1 at Sharks, 1 at Dragons)...broken leg and who knows what else.
Good luck Rorters :whistle

drake

First Grade
Simon said:

No way, no how should Withers be considered for half back. He isn't up to first grade standard in that position. Hooker is where he excells and I don't care if Head has a shocker next year Withers should not be considered for the number 7. I think Brown has similar thoughts as I remember a game where Head became injured and Brown used Riddell at half back with Withers still at dummy half.
I don't remember Linc playing half at the tigers, I merely used him as an example, the crux of the situation is that Head must not continue to be complacent.

Latest posts