What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heart and Soul of the Mighty Saints

possm

Coach
While ever the backrooms of our Club is divided into two factions - St George v Illawarra, we will continue to see decisions that do not make sense to SGI fans. It is not a war or fighting between the two factions, it is like the mafia where two mobs are making back room deals to satisfy each family. So instead of making decisions that is good for SGI, it is a matter of trading off decisions to in turn satisfy the two factions.

While ever this remains the case, it is unlikely we will see SGI at it's best. So what will it take to make change?

1. Get rid of Millwards (Illawarra), Mary (Illawarra), Youngs (St George), Hornby (St George).
  2. The CEO to convince WIN to appoint good business delegates to the Board.
  3. The CEO to convince St George to appoint good neutral football delegates to the Board.
  4. Most of all, the Board appoints a winning head coach who answers to a Director of football for things football. The Director of Football to report to the CEO.
In my opinion under the above measures, SGI will at long last be freed from internal corruption and nepotism. It would mean that our full potential would have the best opportunity of being realised.

Last edited:

CronullaSaint

Juniors
In our most dire moment, it may be appropriate to remember what St. George is all about and what it means to wear the big Red V
Forget the "Dragons" forget the Illawarra suffix.
St. George means St. George and nothing else. We are and always will be "The Saints"
I came across this mini documentary that reminded me how this club became so great.
To the management and administration - pay attention

God bless Dennis. You have summed up my feeling 100%. Go St George. Up the Saints.

ouryears

Bench
While ever the backrooms of our Club is divided into two factions - St George v Illawarra, we will continue to see decisions that do not make sense to SGI fans. It is not a war or fighting between the two factions, it is like the mafia where two mobs are making back room deals to satisfy each family. So instead of making decisions that is good for SGI, it is a matter of trading off decisions to in turn satisfy the two factions.

While ever this remains the case, it is unlikely we will see SGI at it's best. So what will it take to make change?

1. Get rid of Millwards (Illawarra), Mary (Illawarra), Youngs (St George), Hornby (St George).
  2. The CEO to convince WIN to appoint good business delegates to the Board.
  3. The CEO to convince St George to appoint good neutral football delegates to the Board.
  4. Most of all, the Board appoints a winning head coach who answers to a Director of football for things football. The Director of Football to report to the CEO.
In my opinion under the above measures, SGI will at long last be freed from internal corruption and nepotism. It would mean that our full potential would have the best opportunity of being realised.
Possum, Horny and Young were both born and bred in the shanties of Illawarra, they are Illawarra. The fall of the club is all led by the Illawarra merkins, Millwards, Young’s, Hornby and McNugget. We need a clean out, call a flick man, that’s your answer, one flick.....and they’re gone!!

Latest posts