What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help for fitness please.

Jocko

Juniors
Don't know what to say to that... Thanks I spose... Yeah thanks for sticking up for me mate.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Hero? Douche? No. Just somebody who works hard.

Jocko? You don't need to be told how to eat healthy. You would've been told that in grade 2.

You don't need to be told how to get fit. Find a hill. Run up it. Do some sprints. Run backwards and forwards on a basketball court. Run some stairs. Easy!

Wanna get stronger? Find a heavy rock and lift it. Then do it again. And again.

Or join a gym.

Jock? Stop hanging around the forum and get out there and do it!!

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
if you want to get footy fit, train with that in mind.

id train you if you lived close...i live at moorooka

all good and well mark giving out his numbers, but numbers mean very little. although he did say he trains hard, i feel this has more substance than numbers.

Jocko

Juniors
Thanks for the offer. I just checked on Google maps however, and Moorooka is ages away from here, so i'll have to pass sorry.
Just trained today with school Rugby team, was hard work but alot of fitness and tackling drills.

[furrycat]

Coach
Hero? Douche? No. Just somebody who works hard.

Jocko? You don't need to be told how to eat healthy. You would've been told that in grade 2.

You don't need to be told how to get fit. Find a hill. Run up it. Do some sprints. Run backwards and forwards on a basketball court. Run some stairs. Easy!

Wanna get stronger? Find a heavy rock and lift it. Then do it again. And again.

Or join a gym.

Jock? Stop hanging around the forum and get out there and do it!!

Lmao. You're a dickhead.

Lifting weights will do f**k all for muscle and strength if you aren't eating the right muscle building foods at the right times, hence why he needs that advice.

If he is playing football, he needs to do interval training... not "find a hill run up it " :roll:.

Stick to what you know, and thats touching yourself...

Jocko

Juniors
Also, if I didn't need to be told the right muscle building foods because I had learned that in grade 2 as you presumed, then why would I waste my time asking for advice in a forum? It would not make any sense...

Thanks again for all you guys who take the time to post to this thread and give good advice for me to follow. :thumb

Mark Rudd

Juniors
[furrycat];6643414 said:
Lmao. You're a dickhead.

Lifting weights will do f**k all for muscle and strength if you aren't eating the right muscle building foods at the right times, hence why he needs that advice.

If he is playing football, he needs to do interval training... not "find a hill run up it " :roll:.

Stick to what you know, and thats touching yourself...

Er....huh?

All he said is he wants to get a little fitter.

Run up a f****n hill to get fitter.

Want to get stonger? Lift f*****n heavier weights.

Want to get bigger? Do above and eat f****n more food.

Want to get stronger but leaner? Do two above and eat less f****n food.

For all you pussy's out there :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eeyxW7R-BY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkeMQc8KiS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc361fxY40w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esgBuFNXq-o

No straps. No belts. No suits. Guys and girls who go out and just do it : work there f***n arses off.

So which one of you pussy's can squat 150kg? Can Good Morning 100kg x10? Deadlift 160kg? And I call all that average!

Wanna doubt me? Call me soft? Stick to what I know?

Geez. I probably could still run rings around you guys.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The more you post Mark, the more I am convinced your a bit of a he-man poser who knows f**k all other than committing his life trying to lift a lot of weight in 3 exercises. Let people who want to help the kid be, without your pathetic self centred attitude

[furrycat]

Coach
Er....huh?

All he said is he wants to get a little fitter.

Run up a f****n hill to get fitter.

Want to get stonger? Lift f*****n heavier weights.

Want to get bigger? Do above and eat f****n more food.

Want to get stronger but leaner? Do two above and eat less f****n food.

For all you pussy's out there :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eeyxW7R-BY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkeMQc8KiS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc361fxY40w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esgBuFNXq-o

No straps. No belts. No suits. Guys and girls who go out and just do it : work there f***n arses off.

So which one of you pussy's can squat 150kg? Can Good Morning 100kg x10? Deadlift 160kg? And I call all that average!

Wanna doubt me? Call me soft? Stick to what I know?

Geez. I probably could still run rings around you guys.

:lol:

Muppet. All the ladies must be impressed. I certainly am.

Thomas

First Grade
I know I am aroused.

You can lift weights. Well done.

To the OP:

Work on your fitness by incorporating 3 runs into your week. One long run at a nice pace. One shorter run at a fast pace and one session of interval training.

Alternate your running days and have a rest day after the two faster sessions.

As for weights, hit the gym and exercise those large muscles. Back, legs, glutes and chest. Don't sit there and do bicep curls. Alternate days for work on your legs and upper body.

And the best advice is what Roopy said. Watch what you eat. Eat more protein and less fat.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
its actually worked out well....mark in trying to prove his point has infact dug up some good ideas for training. not too sure he meant too though

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
I know I am aroused.

You can lift weights. Well done.

To the OP:

Work on your fitness by incorporating 3 runs into your week. One long run at a nice pace. One shorter run at a fast pace and one session of interval training.

Alternate your running days and have a rest day after the two faster sessions.

As for weights, hit the gym and exercise those large muscles. Back, legs, glutes and chest. Don't sit there and do bicep curls. Alternate days for work on your legs and upper body.

And the best advice is what Roopy said. Watch what you eat. Eat more protein and less fat.

thomas...no offence, but that is so ill informed and just the same old 'general' workout a personal trainer would give. glutes a big muscle????

everyone is different...you need to ask questions first. do you know if he is playing at the moment? do you know if he trains now and how often? do you know his stats? do you know his fitness level?

Thomas

First Grade
thomas...no offence, but that is so ill informed and just the same old 'general' workout a personal trainer would give. glutes a big muscle????

everyone is different...you need to ask questions first. do you know if he is playing at the moment? do you know if he trains now and how often? do you know his stats? do you know his fitness level?

FFS.

The kid just wants to get fit. He also wants to play prop. He therefore needs to work on building muscle and getting fit (without compromising his muscle gain). He needs to work his larger muscle groups such as his glutes, legs as well as his shoulders and chest/back. It isn't rocket science.

He doesn't necessarily need super endurance hence the focus on speed runs. He needs explosive power in his running.

Of course everyone is different but the advice I gave him is fine for a young lad to do if he wants to get fit and build a bit of muscle. If the kid wants expert advice, he should go and see a trainer.

Oh and the glutes are the largest muscle in the body. You didn't know this?

Last edited:

Thomas

First Grade
I don't have the time to write out an extensive program for someone as I am at work.

Google tends to help.