What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Whats the rules re standing whilst cheering

Eels Dude

Coach
Standing up to cheer is like a mexican wave.

If people in the front row stand up on a big play... then people behind them have to stand up if they want to see over their heads... and if people behind them want to see they have to stand up also... and if people behind... you get the idea. Even if you don't want to stand up to cheer you have to. That's the etiquette. If the old bag managed to walk into the stadium then she should be able to also.

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
F*ck that! Stand and cheer my friend!!!!!

You paid for your seat and have every right to cheer your team when they make a break or score a try!!!!

yep, good advice. just think even if they don't score you had a victory in annoying a very sour and bitter old girl. next time do it more often just to annoy her, you're entitled.;-);-);-)

Suitman

Post Whore
yep, good advice. just think even if they don't score you had a victory in annoying a very sour and bitter old girl. next time do it more often just to annoy her, you're entitled.;-);-);-)

Agreed.

Also, a few carefully selected sharp witted replies normally shuts them up.

Suity

thats utter bullsh*t matey, you guys are one of the most recognised, and most dedicated travelling supporters groups going, and you deserve better then that at away grounds. If we were singing and chanting non offensive chants at another away ground i would be devastated if we were asked to sit and shut up.

I hope that the OTHER NRL grounds treat you a bit better then parra did.. good luck for the rest of '09 :cool:

Cheers for the kind words, best of luck to your mob as well :)

Another thing I found very odd were some of my mates who had tickets in the grandstand.. (they might have been tickets lower down on the sideline)... Now since all the Raiders fans were going to congregate in the Northern Terrace, they tried to downgrade their tickets so they could get into this section.. Didn't want any reimbursement for the cost difference, just to simply swap their tickets- they were denied :? and had to buy Northern Terrace tickets to get in..

Suitman

Post Whore
Cheers for the kind words, best of luck to your mob as well :)

Another thing I found very odd were some of my mates who had tickets in the grandstand.. (they might have been tickets lower down on the sideline)... Now since all the Raiders fans were going to congregate in the Northern Terrace, they tried to downgrade their tickets so they could get into this section.. Didn't want any reimbursement for the cost difference, just to simply swap their tickets- they were denied :? and had to buy Northern Terrace tickets to get in..

That sucks even more.

Seriously, ask yourselves Parra...............why have we had the lowest NRL crowd of the weekend?

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
Good Thread :D

see i got to say matey - if you had stood up to watch the try and we just simply cheering noone would have minded. Seems like you carried on a bit, and topped that off with abusing the person behind you. I agree completely that its an exciting game, but that shouldn't be a reason to completely disresepect the people around you.

I stand up when the team makes a break, and i flop back down when we enevitabley drop the ball or get tackled. I've often turned around to give the lady behind me a courtesy "Sorry, got a bit excited" and she's never minded... A little common courtesy goes a long way to calm down a tense situation...
Same with swearing, squealing, abusing, and drunkeness... sometimes i just yell out a bit of "Soz guys, my bad!" and clear the air with my fellow Bay 48rs!

razzman - sounds like you had a bit of a prude behind you, maybe if you just do the "smile and polite" thing for a while, if she still wants to be a prude, then you can pull out the "No, stuff ya" or "Security!!" card...

I may have been a bit OTT in my retelling. Basically we all stood up (people behind me included) and got really into it. The security guy started touching me - JUST me - and telling me to sit down. In the heat of the moment I got angry that I was being singled out.

I totally agree with you - I always apologise to those behind me. I get very passionate and excited and those behind me get annoyed sometimes, so I do make he effort.

In this case though the guy was being rude, pompous and arrogant and singling me out. So I said no I won't sit down thanks.

Latest posts