What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henjack sacked

Dazzat

First Grade
Gagai was sacked for reasons not clear. Played well in trial No. 1, but them dumped. I imagine Gagai would have been one of Griffin's favourite's being the under 20's top try scorer last year.

My theory is Henjak and Lockyer were not talking ... Lockyer is more important to the club both for this season and for long term coaching role ... end of story.

Big Pete

Referee
Griffn coached u20's last year and gagai was one of the star players

Actually Griffen was assistant coach last year, however he did coach Gagai in 2009 and helped him overcome a lot of developmental issues. Let's just say, Rome wasn't built in a day for young Dane.

Clintos

Live Update Team
Just to be clear - Gagai was not sacked.

He was omitted from our trial team due to an apparent 'falling out' with Henjak. He is still a member of the Broncos squad.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Pop the champagne everyone, the most useless coach in our history is gone and good riddance!

badav

Bench
A ridiculous decision with even worse timing. And the statement the club has put out about Anthony Griffin, that's exactly the same thing that was said about Ivan Henjak, who did a long apprenticeship and the broncos and mentored past and current players when they were younger like Civoniceva for example.

I think Ivan Henjak did a reasonable job with the squad he had to work with last year. It was one of the youngest and least experienced sides in the competition.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Gagai was dropped from the NRL squad, not sacked by the club. I have a feeling Griffen was at Souths when Jack Reed was a colt so I wouldn't be making too many connections between Gagai and him etc. Just because he was one of the leading tryscorers, it doesn't make him one of his favourites.

Guys like Kevvie Walters and Paul Green would also come into coaching consideration when the time comes. Both still have strong connections.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The fans deserve to know wtf is going on. Why was Henjak sacked? Why was Gagai dropped from the NRL squad? Has he now been re-instated?

Seagullsrock

Juniors
The fans deserve to know wtf is going on. Why was Henjak sacked? Why was Gagai dropped from the NRL squad? Has he now been re-instated?

The general public NEVER will know the real reason. Both Henjak and the players have been sworn to secrecy. Wouldn't be surprised if the media bring up the Gagai issue now he's gone. He has not been 're-instated' in the squad as of today. Henjak was very firm with the players at the start of the pre season though. One other player was reminded of looking respectable and told to get a haircut quick smart

G.Tallis said a couple of years ago that Lockyer will be the Broncos coach almost as soon as he retires.

I have read that D.Lockyer will be a player and assistant coach at the ESL club, Harlequins in 2012, with one of the reasons being because the Olympics are in London. And that B.Fittler will be the coach.

johns_reds

First Grade
maybe he snapped at training and hit a player? i can't understand why he was sacked and only paid 3 months of his contract, he would have had to do something pretty bad to void the rest of his contract

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I think Ivan Henjak did a reasonable job with the squad he had to work with last year. It was one of the youngest and least experienced sides in the competition.

i didnt agree with henjacks strategies and seemingly leaving out players who were going well like sims and setu, sitting players on the bench who should have been on the field etc, but he did pretty well with the youngest team in the nrl last year and had locky not been injured we would have made the 8

The general public NEVER will know the real reason. Both Henjak and the players have been sworn to secrecy. Wouldn't be surprised if the media bring up the Gagai issue now he's gone. He has not been 're-instated' in the squad as of today. Henjak was very firm with the players at the start of the pre season though. One other player was reminded of looking respectable and told to get a haircut quick smart

this sh*t always comes out eventually, might take a few months but it gets out, plus they've made it more juicy with the confidentiality clause

maybe he snapped at training and hit a player? i can't understand why he was sacked and only paid 3 months of his contract, he would have had to do something pretty bad to void the rest of his contract

my theory is he eats babies

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
One other player was reminded of looking respectable and told to get a haircut quick smart

If Idris was at the club would Henjak make him get a hair cut as well? Weird, I could get less what their hair looks like as long as they play well on the field and don't do anything stupid off it.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
If Idris was at the club would Henjak make him get a hair cut as well? Weird, I could get less what their hair looks like as long as they play well on the field and don't do anything stupid off it.

I don't know but Idris has long hair all the time. The player in question's hair had changed dramatically over the off season.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Bennett leaves and the club collapses to rubble ...

Paves the way for a return to the Broncos, and a reinstatement of Brisbane as an NRL Powerhouse ..

lockyno1

Post Whore
We should all be dancing on the street. No more picking dud players, no more picking players on 2008 form and no more saying our halves have a guaranteed position!