What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henry: Backline spots 'up for grabs'

D

Deleted member 10972

6. Todd Carney
7. Michael Dobson/Andrew Dunemann
8. Scott Logan
9. Lincoln Withers/Andrew Dunemann
10. Troy Thompson
11. Neville Costigan
12. Matt Bickerstaff
13. Alan Tongue

14. Josh Miller
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Dane Tilse
17. Michael Weyman

Reserves: Glen Turner, Trevor Thurling

Back 5 is contentious. Options include Zillman, Goodwin, Best, Graham, Frawley, Howell, Chalk, Irwin, Purtell, Milne. 10 stars for 5 positions. Zillman at fullback might take some of the playmaking load off Carney, letting him have a more free-roaming running game. Dunemann should be used as a reserve to cover for halves/hooker injury, Zillman isn't ready for the halves in FG yet. Best & Graham have to be there, your two most expensive & fastest backs.

aussies1st

Staff member
If we do get a few injuries in the backs I wouldn't mind seeing Tony Pamatangi , looks to be a talent.

Macko8

Juniors
aussies1st said:
If we do get a few injuries in the backs I wouldn't mind seeing Tony Pamatangi , looks to be a talent.

Yeah tony can play centre and in the back row. One of those versatile players like TLL.

thickos

First Grade
I think he's been in and out of the Eels PL side all year and I don't think it's due to injury :?

aussies1st

Staff member
Well lets hope he comes good here, he definitely seems like your typical Kiwi centre - big, strong and tackles hard.

Leethal

Juniors
dubby said:
TLL could play in the centres at a pinch.

I reckon he should be there full-time. We've got plenty of good forwards to cover his absence up the middle.

Imagine the room he could make out wide for Graham as the opposition centres struggle to bring the unit down........

Raider_69

Post Whore
TLL would have gone alright as a centre back when he was running as fast as he used to... but understand he have gone through 4 odd seasons of weight training etc for a back rower, he wouldnt be nearly as fast as he used to be... he could play a meninga sort of centre role, but frankly i think he is a future australian back rower, and dont see the need to move him

twistedbydesign

Juniors
Leethal said:
I reckon he should be there full-time. We've got plenty of good forwards to cover his absence up the middle.

Imagine the room he could make out wide for Graham as the opposition centres struggle to bring the unit down........

Can't say I agree mate - in my opinion we desperately missed the big fella in the pack at the end of this year. The guy could be anything, leave him in the backrow and let him develop - let's not forget his only in his early twenties!

That said I certainly agree he should be used on the fringes where he can target some smaller defenders and get his arm free - A Sonny Bill role if you like.

Leethal

Juniors
twistedbydesign said:
Can't say I agree mate - in my opinion we desperately missed the big fella in the pack at the end of this year. The guy could be anything, leave him in the backrow and let him develop - let's not forget his only in his early twenties!

That said I certainly agree he should be used on the fringes where he can target some smaller defenders and get his arm free - A Sonny Bill role if you like.

Yeah, maybe. I can see how people would prefer him in the pack as he was probably our most damaging forward.

I just think we need some physical strength out wide, that I don't reckon we had in 2006 and our attack was lack-lustre for it. Maybe our newbies will change that. I also reckon TLL could out-SBW SBW!!