What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Herald sun] storm report card

olympic park

Juniors
yesterdays hun had a report card on the strengths and weaknesses of the melbourne storm season 2003.

set up in a similar format to the AFL ones, it went through the good and bad things for the storm although some of the markings were poor (including crowds and media - what a surprise!!!) to give the storm an overall score of 66/100!

what do other board members think of the report card?? unfortunately i can't find a URL to the page but if anyone can could they please post it below for others who may not be from melbourne to be able to read it? thanks.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
66 out of 100? I would have said much higher than that. With the injuries we had, the expectations that we would be right down the bottom of the ladder, we ended up 5th, won into the 2nd week of the playoffs and unearthed some great new talent. Totally disagree with the rating (haven't read their report card)

Storm supporters got 3.5 out of 10 for attendance.

If it was a score on attmostphere it would of gone near 9.

The highest mark was Belamy's coaching 8

Defence got 7.5

Attack got 6.

No real consession made for injuries that I recall

If you want to be Told some more let me know and I'll dig it up for you all.

In-goal

Bench
I think for the Storm to realy up the crowd numbers they realy need to move into a 25,000 all seater purpose built stadium. I have been to O.P. a number of times, the atmosphere is great but the facilities are ordinary.

Alot of fans were lost when the club went to the Dome and moved back as they got used to the cushy venue.

Come on Vic Government build a real stadium.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Craig said:
Albert Park would be an ideal venue.

Where abouts in Melbourne would that be? Personally I've never heard of that venue but i'm a big fan of an expanded RL comp and what the storm have done since their inception is great. If they can find a ground with better facilities than O.P but keep the atmosphere than that would certainly be beneficial for the storm and their supporters.

Craig Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:09 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albert Park would be an ideal venue.

Do you mean Lakeside stadium? old Lake side oval where South melbourne used to play in the AFL before going into sydney!!!.

In-goal

Bench
not a bad suggestion the old lake side, there are a swag of good pubs right through out the Albert Park, Middle Park and South Melbourne areas.

olympic park

Juniors
craig are you sure youre not referring to bob jane stadium (ie home of south melbourne soccer club)??

its got a lot going for it - good access to PT (two tram routes straight into the city within 10 minutes, one is the st kilda light rail), close to the city and the ground is already in the rectangular shape for league.

downsides are that it needs a bit of work and it currently holds only about 12,000 or so as the old cricket club stand has fallen into disrepair and this could hold and extra few thousand.

i believe south melbourne approached the storm about this a few years ago but they chose colonial instead. a more sensible approach would be a 20-25,000 seater built at docklands designed for the rugby codes and soccer.

Latest posts