What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go..... BS penalties

Apey

Staff member
If Buderus had of went into the tackle properly instead of propping himself to hold and fall back like a little bitch there wouldn't have been a problem

buderus in hospital would still have a bigger impact on his team than farah

Lucas-Con

Juniors
buderus in hospital would still have a bigger impact on his team than farah

Farah is the best hooker in the game unfortunately one guy can't win everything gurantee you if he had better halves and a better fullback with him he'd be the Australian hooker over that overated prick Cameron Smith.

stimpy u idiot

Juniors
ZZZZ-LEAD-THIN-Knights-20130928214239393682-300x0.jpg

7 weeks :cool:

This photo is after the initial contact is made (look Buderus is already unconscious in it and is falling off - look at his hands they are falling down and limply) and JWH is pushing him off, not leading with the forearm. He was carrying the ball and charging into the defence inside his own half and trying to make metres up the middle like every other prop. Where the hell do you expect him to carrying it if not by wrapping his arms around his chest? Buderus was trying on a big hit and got in the wrong position. So it's very unfortunate, yeah, an a terrible end to a glorious career, but JWH does not "raise his elbow" into the tackle.

So an additional few points on some of the other things.

1. Charging a kicker's legs, even accidentally, is deemed dangerous play and rightly so: that's what happened to Pearce. Yeah that particular example was a bit of a 50/50 call but it's not "bullshit".

2. Pressing down onto the side of a players head into the turf, and actually having a second go at it, with the full weight of your body behind it, after the tackle is complete, that's not the same thing as a bit of a facial in the tackle.

3. That pass which was forward, was called forward by the commentary team (Rabs while the play was still underway). Sure the ref doesn't see it, and after that its too late, that's the rules you can't do anything about if it's unsighted by the ref. But there are a half-dozen similar short passes in nearly every game, especially out of dummy half.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
If Buderus had of went into the tackle properly instead of propping himself to hold and fall back like a little bitch there wouldn't have been a problem

Bedsy a little bitch? I know you Tigers fans are still butthurt about Wobbie being unable to unseat Bedsy but seriously, pull your head in.

Both incidents were penalties but Smith on report is a joke.

Question must be asked though, why did he do that? Can't blame the refs for his act if stupidity,

Yes it's a penalty, though you would see it twenty times in a game a player give another one a bit of a facial, but A) it was that blatant yet neither ref called it in play, B) is everything worthy of a penalty a reportable offence these days

Best team won, refs gave them a nice leg up though. Next week I can lol at every sht decision as I don't like either team.
Any penalties for an illegal tackle given following a video review is automatically placed on report.

thorson1987

Coach
Any penalties for an illegal tackle given following a video review is automatically placed on report.

It was supposed to be only penalties that were worthy of being put on report were given by the video ref.

Now, they put every little one on report.

It's a f**king joke of a system.

Perth Red

Post Whore
my point thorson. it now seems that every penalty is worthy of being put on report if reviewed by the video ref. You may remember we had the situation where the video ref was calling everything on review and fans were fed up of it, so they brought in that only foul play worthy of a charge and being put on report would be reviewed and acted upon by the video ref. We've now gone back to the ridiculous situation where everything is reviewed and if deemed a penalty is deemed worthy of being put on report. I'd be interedted to know how many on reports didn;t end up with a charge this season?

You asked what the penalty should be for. Contact with the head. He elbowed him in the head. End of the story. I could give two shits whether a penalty was called or not. The fact is he elbowed him in the head. He was falling, his legs were held, the f**king lights were shining on him from the third paradox refracted parabolically from the 48th chromosome. He elbowed him in the head. You asked. I answered.

As to the post above about Rugby League being about getting hit in the head. Fair dinkum. You've obviously taken a fair few hits to the head in your time.

There is contact with the head at least two hundred times every game. Almost every tackle features contact with the head in some capacity.

How do you think players get black eyes and bloodied noses and facial cuts and fractured eye sockets and depressed cheekbones? Do you think that stuff happens when someone tackles them around the ankles?

If you're going to penalise every time a player's head comes into contact the defender, as I said, you don't have rugby league any more; you have some other game.

The Eagle

Juniors
There is contact with the head at least two hundred times every game. Almost every tackle features contact with the head in some capacity.

How do you think players get black eyes and bloodied noses and facial cuts and fractured eye sockets and depressed cheekbones? Do you think that stuff happens when someone tackles them around the ankles?

If you're going to penalise every time a player's head comes into contact the defender, as I said, you don't have rugby league any more; you have some other game.

Its called AFL

Springs

First Grade
Gould didn't even mention the forward pass in commentary. You can tell who bee sting head has his money on.

He did actually. Something along the lines of 'no matter if it was forward or not, it just shows how classy a player he is and it really caught the Knights defence napping'. Honestly one of the dumbest things I've heard him say.

Latest posts