What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go..... BS penalties

Fairfax

Juniors
I thought it was a penalty at least, he led with the elbow and got buderus who was coming in at an awkward angle. Penalty for accidental contact with the head.

Also last week Jordan McLean got his skull broken as a result of a shoulder charge, yeah it was the head that done the damage but it was still a result of an illegal play, as I recall the shoulder charge rule was brought into question after Pritchard knocked out Simmons last year, in this case it was also the head not the shoulder doing the damage.

Sometimes I wonder if the video ref can hear the channel9 commentary, how many times they screamed 'its a head clash' as last weeks one went under review and how they were at pains to point out tonites incident was buderus fault

You have to be kidding. JWH had someone holding both his legs and was on the way down. it was an accident... nothing sinister. Can you explain what the penalty should be for?

Bretto

Bench
You have to be kidding. JWH had someone holding both his legs and was on the way down. it was an accident... nothing sinister. Can you explain what the penalty should be for?

Contact with the head.

The reason the shoulder charge rule was brought in was for player safety. ANY contact with the head should be a penalty. The double and triple standards is a f**king farce.

Lucas-Con

Juniors
f**k off bs penalities my arse pearce couldve copped a serious injury the way buderus smacked into him

And smith putting his whole body weight on maloneys head the f**ks with that shit you guys were simply outclassed by a great roosters side.

Surely

Post Whore
Someone should have ripped baloneys boots off and thrown then to the crowed while Smith had his head pinned

Fairfax

Juniors
Contact with the head.

The reason the shoulder charge rule was brought in was for player safety. ANY contact with the head should be a penalty. The double and triple standards is a f**king farce.

So what you're advocating is that every person being tackled must toss the ball away to avoid contact with a defenders head. He had his legs held, was on the way to the ground and Buderus was hit by the ball carrying arm.

Seriously? Is that would you really think? Have you ever watched a game of rugby league?

Contact with the head.

Nonsense. A ball carrier could run at the defence, dive at a defender head first and automatically earn a penalty.

You can't be serious.

You can't have rugby league without contact to the head; otherwise it's not rugby league, it's some other game.

Bretto

Bench
So what you're advocating is that every person being tackled must toss the ball away to avoid contact with a defenders head. He had his legs held, was on the way to the ground and Buderus was hit by the ball carrying arm.

Seriously? Is that would you really think? Have you ever watched a game of rugby league?

You asked what the penalty should be for. Contact with the head. He elbowed him in the head. End of the story. I could give two shits whether a penalty was called or not. The fact is he elbowed him in the head. He was falling, his legs were held, the f**king lights were shining on him from the third paradox refracted parabolically from the 48th chromosome. He elbowed him in the head. You asked. I answered.

As to the post above about Rugby League being about getting hit in the head. Fair dinkum. You've obviously taken a fair few hits to the head in your time.

eozsmiles

Bench
Pretty much got through last nights game without the refs faking it up. 5 mins gone and we've seen a BS running into the kicker (clearly limbo skills are now expected to get under a kickers leg) and now apparently putting your hand on a players head is a reportable offence!

Using a players head to get up from the ground has been illegal for donkeys years. It's very dangerous.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes it's a penalty, though you would see it twenty times in a game a player give another one a bit of a facial, but A) it was that blatant yet neither ref called it in play, B) is everything worthy of a penalty a reportable offence these days

Best team won, refs gave them a nice leg up though. Next week I can lol at every sht decision as I don't like either team.

adamkungl

Immortal
Contact with the head.

:lol: He has every right to run with his arm tucked that way, it's how you f**king hold a football. Maybe Buderus shouldn't tackle head first

Fairfax

Juniors
You asked what the penalty should be for. Contact with the head. He elbowed him in the head. End of the story. I could give two shits whether a penalty was called or not. The fact is he elbowed him in the head. He was falling, his legs were held, the f**king lights were shining on him from the third paradox refracted parabolically from the 48th chromosome. He elbowed him in the head. You asked. I answered.

As to the post above about Rugby League being about getting hit in the head. Fair dinkum. You've obviously taken a fair few hits to the head in your time.

Actually the head hit the elbow. Buderus made an error in judgement. He was in a better position to avoid the contact. I think you must have some serious butt hurt over your side being useless this year.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
When I saw it I actually thought it resembled Snowdens incident when he was sent. I'm not saying JWH should have been sent, i'm talking about how "accidental" they were. there was no malice in both i think (and i'm a knights fan) I think it was just unlucky positioning from both Ray Thompson and Bedsy... The argument can be made that if Snowden is sent then why isn't JWH? But I'm not arguing that point, i'm just saying it was an accident that had a major determining facto of the game and there was no way around it except for maybe a penalty and report as yes, it was contact with the head. Consistency is all we fans are looking for.

adamkungl

Immortal
Snowdens was a shoulder charge. Which is illegal under the rules, even though i think it's ridiculous.

JWH was just running the ball.

When I saw it I actually thought it resembled Snowdens incident when he was sent. I'm not saying JWH should have been sent, i'm talking about how "accidental" they were. there was no malice in both i think (and i'm a knights fan) I think it was just unlucky positioning from both Ray Thompson and Bedsy... The argument can be made that if Snowden is sent then why isn't JWH? But I'm not arguing that point, i'm just saying it was an accident that had a major determining facto of the game and there was no way around it except for maybe a penalty and report as yes, it was contact with the head. Consistency is all we fans are looking for.

You're a f**king idiot

Apey

Staff member
ZZZZ-LEAD-THIN-Knights-20130928214239393682-300x0.jpg

7 weeks :cool:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Of all the places to put your head, Bedsy!

That was after initial contact when JWH had his arm tucked in.

Sad way for a legend to go out. He puts his body on the line and paid the price.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Purely accidental and no charge for it is correct. You can't expect the arm of a runner to suddenly disappear in bracing for impact. And anyone who believes that has never run for a hit-up in their entire life. Suspending someone for that is setting a dangerous precedent.. We'd end up seeing players too afraid to run up the ball or even fend :crazy:

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Buderus had of went into the tackle properly instead of propping himself to hold and fall back like a little bitch there wouldn't have been a problem

Latest posts