What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hey everyone, new here

sublime9787

Juniors
hey guys, i'm new here and new to rugby. I just started learning about rugby, union and league, a week before the first week of the season. I play for the Raiders. My name is Dean, I'm 20 and i'm starting to love this sport. I just wish we were more competitive with other teams, but we are very young and still learning. Most of the guys on the team besides 2 veterans have never played league until this year and just played union i believe. I'm new to any type of rugby as well as my 2 friends i got to play, we all played football before. another little problem we have is that we can never get the same group of guys to come out. i think theres 7 or 8 guys who have played every week and not missed any games. anyways just introducing myself and explaining a little about us to get started on here.

roopy

Referee
I hope having to play teams with so much more experience doesn't turn young players off the game.
If the AMNRL is to grow they really need to start an 'entry level' tier or it will be really hard to get young Americans to play.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Hey mate, just keep at it and I'm sure you and your teammates will only improve. It's always tricky to keep interest high when you're copping a few floggings, that goes for any sport anywhere, but if you take the attitude that you're there to learn and every game is step in the right direction then you'll always have something to play for. And if you really enjoy the game without winning it's a real bonus. Keep in touch with us and let us know how you and your mates are going.

bentman78

Juniors
Stick with it. It's my second year playing RL I've played Union for about 8-9 years.

It's our first year as a team as well. Just keep with it. Once you build a core group of players you'll improve than start winning. You just need to keep that core though.
RL is a great sport and I'm becoming a huge fan, even more so than RU. Just bought my first NRL jersey today.

8Ball

First Grade
Good on you mate. Make sure you spread the gospel. Truly the greatest game of all.

deluded pom?

Coach
Welcome to the forum sublime. It'll be good to get the views and opinions of someone connected with the Raiders. I think you must be the first Raiders player to join us . As the rest of the replies said I hope you and your friends can stick with the team under difficult circumstances and learn and improve with every game. Don't forget some of the teams you are playing have a good few years start on you. Keep us upto date with things at the Raiders and enjoy your game.

sublime9787

Juniors
thanks for the support guys, me and my friends all love it already, we played our first 2 union games just before our game vs the wildcats at a tournament and i must say i like league better. its just a faster game and more action.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Hey guys, welcome to League Unlimited and a big welcome to Rugby League.

If you want to watch some games, head here.

http://bigpondvideo.com/leaguetv

Enjoy, and keep posting here, it gives people from Australia, New Zealand, PNG, England and France plus heaps of others a real buzz knowing you guys are starting to warm to our game.

bradford bull

Juniors
hello everybody , just to let you know my situation,we,ve had an holiday villa in kissimmee area of florida for last 5 yrs going over 3 times a year.my wife mandy as been living and working in florida since may , (we bought a lawn business) and at present i,m still in sunny bradford england :(.we are both massive league fans, ive sponsered a player at northern for about 15 years and also get involved with my local amateur team wyke.
what is the score with rugby league in central florida, i know of the axemen, i heard about a possible team in orlando starting up?is there anyway of seeing super league or nfl on tv over there ? and does anybody travel to watch the axemen , if so whats the standard like ?is there any other fans stranded over there with no league fix ? i need these questions answering before i make the plunge fulltime.
im over again on the 28 august PLEASE HELP i,d even talk to a rhino ! :?

roopy

Referee
hello everybody , just to let you know my situation,we,ve had an holiday villa in kissimmee area of florida for last 5 yrs going over 3 times a year.my wife mandy as been living and working in florida since may , (we bought a lawn business) and at present i,m still in sunny bradford england :(.we are both massive league fans, ive sponsered a player at northern for about 15 years and also get involved with my local amateur team wyke.
what is the score with rugby league in central florida, i know of the axemen, i heard about a possible team in orlando starting up?is there anyway of seeing super league or nfl on tv over there ? and does anybody travel to watch the axemen , if so whats the standard like ?is there any other fans stranded over there with no league fix ? i need these questions answering before i make the plunge fulltime.
im over again on the 28 august PLEASE HELP i,d even talk to a rhino ! :?
Your in the right forum - the two florida teams both have people posting here.
If you read the threads about the axemen and Bradenton bulldogs you will get all the info you are after i'd imagine.

stevet

Juniors
hello bull, i have watched and played against the axemen ,theres some bigboys and the standard is good ,,a lot of face tackles leading with the head american football but great to watch ,the crowd is quite lively in jacksonville ,great banter between 4 corners of the world fans ,its not like watching classy cas , or the bullys but still great rugby league,steve@bradenton bulldogs