What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Definition Coverage

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/10...-hd-on-gem.html/comment-page-1#comment-287448
Rugby World Cup: Live in HD on GEM

By David Knox on October 12, 2011
Filed Under Programming

Good news everybody…

The Rugby World Cup Semi-Finals between Australian v NZ and Wales v France will be broadcast Live and in HD on GEM this weekend.

Saturday October 15: Wales v France. Live.
Wide World Of Sports presents the 1st Semi-Final of the Rugby World Cup live from Eden Park, Auckland. Join George Gregan, Andrew Slack along with Ken Sutcliffe for all the action.

3:30pm Perth
5pm in Darwin
5:30pm Brisbane
6pm in Adelaide
6:30pm Sydney and Melbourne

Sunday October 16: Australia v NZ. Live.
3:30pm Perth
5pm in Darwin
5:30pm Brisbane
6pm in Adelaide
6:30pm Sydney and Melbourne

I’m also pleased to advise Nine sent an Amendment with the info, following on-going problems with scheduling advice and Media Watch criticising its coverage earlier this week.

so 9 do it for a low rating sport, but not the NRL finals

i f**king hate 9

afinalsin666

First Grade
Looks like it:

Wide World of Sports
The Rugby World Cup semi-final between Australia and New Zealand will be LIVE nationwide on Nine from 6.30pm AEDT on Sunday and will be simulcast nationwide in HD on GEM.

So very very annoyed the Grand Final wasn't in HD. This makes up for it a teeny tiny amount. I don't watch tv, have 9 been advertising it?

Kinda shocked it is "nationwide" too. They don't have much of a choice after doing it for Union i would think.

swarmski

Juniors
Hi all,

Not sure if its been covered? Why the hell is channel 9 refusing to braodcast in HD?

We had the origin in 3D the other year ffs!

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Because Nein are merkins and don't give a shit about their audience.

The end.

But it's ffwwwweeeeeee

Just ask Rabs, he'll tell you before every game. Well that and how he has been going to games since moses was a lad and this one time when glebe played sydney uni he got a ripping blowie from dame nellei melba behind the members

Stagger Lee

Bench
Hi all,

Not sure if its been covered? Why the hell is channel 9 refusing to braodcast in HD?

We had the origin in 3D the other year ffs!

It's a disgrace

But then no 'free' to air broadcaster uses full HD yet and how many people have a full HD tv?

Unless you have fox or a blue ray player no one gets the benefit of a full HD tv.

friggen annoying :x

beave

Coach
At a guess, i reckon there would be more people with HD tellys than the other way around tbh.

It's a f**king joke tbh.

Bretto

Bench
I watched the game last night on Channel 9, and I fair dinkum thought there was something wrong with the TV. I switched it to the local Channel 9 (WIN TV up here) but it was even worse. It was like watching an old VHS tape. Compare that to the broadcast of the games on FOX and FMD. Channel 9 should be blown up with a nuclear Helicopter.

Card Shark

Immortal
It's strange they pay so much for the rights by wont showcase their product.

I was watching with a mate & he said the picture was fine. When I switched to AFL & GEM, he agreed the was a big difference.

At a guess, i reckon there would be more people with HD tellys than the other way around tbh.

It's a f**king joke tbh.

My guess is they think they need saturation to change their main channel to HD. Probably something like 80%.

After all every channel still broadcasts their main channel in SD.

Not an excuse though. Give rugby leagues importance to channel nine they should be broadcasting it on both channels IMO.

It's a disgrace

But then no 'free' to air broadcaster uses full HD yet and how many people have a full HD tv?

Unless you have fox or a blue ray player no one gets the benefit of a full HD tv.

friggen annoying :x

Fox don't broadcast in 'full HD' 1080p either.

They broadcast in 720p.

In fact there are very few channels in the world that broadcast in 1080p.

That said fox's 720p is far superior to the 480p nine serves up.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Some of the us sports eg nba and nfl look pretty awesome

Also when I set up my mystar box the guy got me to set it on 1080p