What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highest Score Ever?

ozzie

Bench
I recall a post of mine scoring either a 10 or a 9.9 in the "OLD" forum 7's in a grandfinal against Bluebags and getting named player of the game or whatever it was called. The article was titled (from memory) after a 1927 song Compulsory Hero But never did it again. plenty of 9's.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ah looks like the records need a little reviewing. Thanks Goz... I'll come back to this thread in the offseason and research back with what we have.

Speaking of which, we should have posts dating back to 2003.

2002 and early 2003 are in memory only. Everything prior to round 4, 2003 was lost during the war.

In an effort to kill off the F7s, the rleague forums wiped all of 2002. The F7s were then briefly run on a small independent host call 'ish-biz'... but this mysteriously disappeared after 3 or 4 rounds in 2003.

Most of 2003 should still be there (it was when I last looked a few months back).

To answer your question Goz, we did allow for people to re-use old posts for the rest of 2003, but it was generally agreed that this would only apply for that season while the compettion was getting back on its feet.

Strictly speaking, all posts must be new and not previously used on the F7s. Not much of an issue because so many newcomers have since arrived. Us players from the 2002 and 2003 seasons would be in the minority now.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Willow said:
They are quite exhaustive already. In the history link I've done a bit but offcourse its a work in progress.

But if you want more, we need someone to volunteer the hours.

About a year ago, some members got on the case and did a great job - there's threads with their results starting here: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=110720
Compiled by Broncodroid and Bomber (with help from all captains)

Its an excellent list of stats. However, it was a lot of work and I recall Broncodroid and Bomber were pretty knackered by the end of it.

On the top scores thing. To my knowledge there are three players who have had a perfect score. Gorilla (Bluebags in 2003 I think), Bunny Boy (Souths 2003) and Legend (Bluebags in 2002 I think).

I'm pretty sure the highest team score would be as you said it. Parramatta have it for a F7s premiership match with 450.
willow, if i can get my hands on all match scores, participants and their scores etc, i will more than gladly do as many stats as you like.

just PM me any details i may need etc.

I'll be online at home for the first time since the middle of 2004, and i've got plenty of time for stats.

bender

Juniors
ozzie said:
I recall a post of mine scoring either a 10 or a 9.9 in the "OLD" forum 7's in a grandfinal against Bluebags and getting named player of the game or whatever it was called. The article was titled (from memory) after a 1927 song Compulsory Hero But never did it again. plenty of 9's.

Sportsjock got a 10 for a post about being a gay rugby league supporter, but it was pulled from the match and marked after the buzzer so i am not sure if it counted as an official 10?

The everfamous AFL post by Gorilla was a classic and created a storm of controversy and protests. It was in about the 2nd or third week of postings and represented a bold gamble by Gorilla to play a natural creative game after a brilliant debut Rugby league is air guitar piece received a less than expected result. If memory serves correct one of Gorilla's other pieces got a zero and sparked a near riot between rleague and LWOS. The only other zero i can remember was the Bomber affair which again nearly melted half the internet servers around with the fighting in those days.

Forum seven seems a lot less tame and a better spectacle nowadays but many of the older generation maintain that the pretty boys of today wouldnt last a lick against the older generation of sevens players. I talk of course about the likes of Meltiger, Hass, Roopy, Legend, MoffetFanClub, GavBT, Brook, Ozbash, Willow (not the tame administration version we see today), Melon, Sportsjock etc. Those were true hard men of Forum 7s.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
bender said:
I talk of course about the likes of Meltiger, Hass, Roopy, Legend, MoffetFanClub, GavBT, Brook, Ozbash, Willow (not the tame administration version we see today), Melon, Sportsjock etc. Those were true hard men of Forum 7s.
You forgot bender... the number 1 F7s clubman. Part time super sub!

As for the tame admin, I dispute that. You try playing 5 games a week and see how your knees hold up. But fair call I suppose. As you get older, you start working out ways to pace yourself mate. Otherwise spontaneous combustion is very much on the cards. I liken it to bludging on the wing and stepping in after the younger and keener front rowers have done the hard yakka.

henrieté

Juniors
Penelope Pitstop also got a 10 on the old forum as I recall. "Tough Men of Rugby League" It was when her and Gorilla where King and Queen of the forum 7's. Good to see you playing again Gorilla.

gorilla

First Grade
henrieté said:
Penelope Pitstop also got a 10 on the old forum as I recall. "Tough Men of Rugby League" It was when her and Gorilla where King and Queen of the forum 7's. Good to see you playing again Gorilla.

noice to be back and in another GF ! nyuk, nyuk

Had to revisit this with the 'Bags slashing 453 in the Major-semi,

it seems that score was about equal third highest ?

Maggie

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Souths in 2003 is definitely the highest so far...

souths.gif

456 out of 500

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=58612&page=7