What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highlights of the World Club Challenges

What do you think will be the highlights of the WCC games?

I think that the Wigan vs Brisbane game will be the best game of the series because Brisbane will be without Ben Hunt, and so the game should be very close, as it was last year.

The Leeds and St Helens teams have not performed well so far in Super League (Leeds have lost both their opening games, and St Helens were thumped by Salford). So I expect the Roosters and North Queensland will win comfortably. Of course the Roosters are without Pearce, JWH and Boyd Cordner. But St Helens will probably be without their captain and hooker James Roby, along with a couple of other players, so Roby's absence will be hard for St Helens to recover from. Look for young French signing Theo Fages to come off the bench for St. Helens.

This thread can be updated as the series progresses.

LESStar58

Referee
Brisbane vs. Wigan will be huge IMO because of the history between the 2 clubs. Absolute powerhouses in the 90s and Wigan were pretty impressive coming down and touching up the Broncos in 1994.

As a Saints fan I DESPISE Wigan but I'm damned if I'll ever see a club side as good as the one they fielded in 1994!

Evil Homer

Staff member
Wigan putting 50 on brisbane
Joking aside, Wigan's attack has been pitiful in the first two ESL games. They might have a chance to grind out a win if Brisbane are sloppy and undercooked but don't expect them to offer a lot in attack.

Rufio

Juniors
Taking all 3 NRL sides on the handicap, Saints have been poor so far this year and missing players, Wigan missing players and Leeds missing half their team, will be a massacre.

So what have been the highlights of the WCC games so far?

The clear class superiority of the NRL teams?

The Nikorima brothers overall performances?

Latrell Mitchell's 25 metre burst?

Anthony Milford's performance?

The English TV commentary?

coolumsharkie

Referee
2 weeks later and the Broncos would have put another 30 on Wigan.

This year it's been an absolute non contest.

Pommy

Coach
I still think the series is good for the game but people who think it should be played here are bonkers. Australia could could easily win all 6 games since it was expanded. People are just not going to pay to watch that here.
This season it's just unfortunate the three English sides are totally out of form.

Charlie124

First Grade
As a cowboys fan, the biggest highlight I look forward to is our players making it through this pointless exhibition unscathed and that we don't suffer the effects of jet lag come round one. I couldn't care less if we win tomorrow or not.

As a cowboys fan, the biggest highlight I look forward to is our players making it through this pointless exhibition unscathed and that we don't suffer the effects of jet lag come round one. I couldn't care less if we win tomorrow or not.

It is not a pointless exhibition. It is a once a year contest between the top teams of both hemispheres. The clubs, coaches, and players in both countries take it seriously.

Who do people think was the best English TV game caller?

1. Rod Studd (Sydney Roosters vs St Helens);

2. Bill Arthur (Brisbane Broncos vs Wigan Warriors);

3. Eddie Hemmings ( Nth Queensland Cowboys vs Leeds Rhinos).

English Rose

Juniors
Who do people think was the best English TV game caller?

1. Rod Studd (Sydney Roosters vs St Helens);

2. Bill Arthur (Brisbane Broncos vs Wigan Warriors);

3. Eddie Hemmings ( Nth Queensland Cowboys vs Leeds Rhinos).

Absolute none of them. Getting players names wrong, talking absolute tripe and being so obviously biased to our English sides it was just damn right cringeworthy!

Would love Andrew Voss to come and commentate over here, best commentator on TV in any sport by far!

English Rose

Juniors
So a bloke who King hits a bloke who is not watching and is involved in a push and shove with another bloke is good?

Dog shot.

You get locked up here for that.

Yeah it was a cheap shot but if your going to
Pansy slap someone round the face then I have no sympathy for him

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah it was a cheap shot but if your going to
Pansy slap someone round the face then I have no sympathy for him

Cmon
( now I like Galloway- he comes from my home town) but he was asking for it.
He was doing unnecessary stuff in the tackle.

The slap was nothing

Then the other hero got involved .