What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highschool friends

Dani

Immortal
Since moving back to where i've grown up i've become quite good friends with the girls i hung out with, i thought it would never, ever happen. I think we've all matured in the past few years and i've finally realised that even though i have zero in common with most of them, it doesn't get in the way of being friends. It feels good to have people offering amazing support after the past 8 weeks i've had, even though i don't deserve it from them

Dragon2010

First Grade
I've only been out of highschool two years and they are already planning a get-together thing. I don't have facebook so I didn't even get invited by that. My mate told by SMS and I basically said "I got no interest in going and see the half-brained wankers that polluted my brain". I'm happy to catch-up with you guys but do it another day.

I seriously value my family over high-school friends and I've made better friends out of school then I ever made during school. So much changes after leaving year 12.

IanG

Coach
From what I hear it's always the Miss Popularity's that organise High School reunions. They just do it to show off their life. I have no desire to spend a Saturday Night with a bunch of people who made my life hell.

Hallatia

Referee
there is a guy who has been asking me to organise a high school reunion for us pretty much since our HSC finished. I must be miss popularity to be expected to orgsanise

Hallatia

Referee
if memory serves, I think he did. I think he just wanted to get everyone together again and call it a reunion, rather than it being one in any real sense.

Mr Fourex

Bench
If it's any consolation, she's probably only marrying him for a visa.

Oh......is that because that's what all Asian women do when marrying Australian men?

You and your insipid generalisations have NFI

.......no wonder you were bullied at school

Misanthrope

Staff member
Oh......is that because that's what all Asian women do when marrying Australian men?

Want to climb down off your rag there, sunshine? I lived and worked in Asia for two years and I'm about to move back there again.

It's called a joke. Harden up.

Obviously it's not always the case by any stretch. A good many of my friends from my time in South Korea have married local girls. A small percentage of them have even taken up residency in South Korea and started businesses there.

That said, the rural area I grew up in had more than a few sixty-something men married to 20 or 30-something Vietnamese and Pinay girls. It could just be that the region had a crop of remarkably charming and lovable farmers, but I find that unlikely. The mail order bride business does pretty brisk business in rural NSW.

Last edited:

Latest posts