What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh definitely out

The Colonel

Immortal
Hindmarsh definitely out

20 September 2005

Speaking last night on NRL Deluxe, Parramatta’s champion back rower Nathan Hindmarsh confirmed that he’ll definitely miss this week’s Preliminary Final against the Cowboys.

Filling in for Brad Fittler (who’s in Papua New Guinea with the Prime Minister’s XIII) Hindmarsh told Russell Barwick and guest Michael Buettner that his injured knee just wasn’t ready for the rigours of semi final football.
http://www.nrl.com/myclub/news.cfm?ID=12847&TeamID=9

Eelectrica

Referee
I don't think it's a smoke screen. Hodges suffered a similar injury and didn't do much of anything for the Broncs. Better off going with a fully fit team for this one.
I just hope the extra week allows Hindy to heal enough for the GF (should we make it :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: )

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The show won't load on my comp (Hindy is pretty funny on NRL Deluxe usually :lol:) is it just me or won't it load on anyone else's either?

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'll beleive it when I see it

I seem to recall a few incidents that could be described as mind games this year

- Tahu, Riddell, Grothe and Stringer dropping out of the team to play the Cowboys in round 9.
- All week the talk was Wagon to stop Gasnier then Delaney comes in and Benny mark's Gasnier for the round 24 game
- All the talk of Hindy missing the game v Canberra and being 50-50 at best, then he plays for basically the full 80 mins

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
- Tahu, Riddell, Grothe and Stringer dropping out of the team to play the Cowboys in round 9.

Tahu was injured, the rest were just tired and Smithy thought an energetic team was the way to stop the Cowboys, that's not a mind game.

Hurriflatch said:
- All week the talk was Wagon to stop Gasnier then Delaney comes in and Benny mark's Gasnier for the round 24 game

That was to keep the media away from Brett, because they would have run the Rookie v's Gasnier stories all week long.

Hurriflatch said:
- All the talk of Hindy missing the game v Canberra and being 50-50 at best, then he plays for basically the full 80 mins

Yeah, the good 50% won the 50 - 50 battle :).

Smithy is well over the mind games.

PB

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
Tahu was injured, the rest were just tired and Smithy thought an energetic team was the way to stop the Cowboys, that's not a mind game.

Smith indicated earlier in the week, that they made this decision (for the regular season game v the Cows) as mentioned above because he felt you need a side which is full of energy to compete with and beat the Cows. I would say that he has decided that even if Hindy is 80-90%, he is not going to be capable of that and it would be going against what was successful earlier this year..

Latest posts