What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh for Origin?

oldmancraigy

Coach
So in the 60th minute of the game, the Storm make an enormous break downfield, ball ends up 1m out from the goal line, and who has chased 80m to scoop up the loose ball?

Hindmarsh.

There isn't a better cover defender in the game - and his defensive work is exactly what NSW needs so badly!
Sure he isn't the best ball-runner anymore, but put Gallen and Watmough around him in the backrow, and the Blues are well served in that department.

typicalfan

Coach
Meh he is the 3rd best backrower in NSW after Gallen and Watmough. He played injured as well tonight and had 3 touches in the match sealer.

It is a disgrace he was ever dropped from origin. He should have been kept on and made captain after Buderus.

watatank

Coach
NSW could certainly do with a player like him...the likes of Creagh, Ennis, Watmough did far too much defensive work and their games suffered as a result.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I would have no problem with him in the side if he was there last year, the year before and for game 1, and was captain last year.

But this is the situation we are in. We need to develop a new leadership core and its sad to say he wont be apart of that and we have the disgrace selectors to blame for that. Hindmarsh and NSW have paid the price for their failures.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Our problems aren't defensively, they are in attack and here he offers very very little.

You were watching the first Origin game where Queensland clocked up 28 points I assume?

One might easily argue that our forwards were well beaten, and looked shot defensively....

I don't think you can expect to win a big game giving up 28 points?

beads6

First Grade
Hindy should never have been dropped from Origin, getting on a bit now it would be a step back to give him a sky blue jersey IMO.

Dazzat

First Grade
Picking Hindmarsh would make way too much sense ... unlikely to happen with the current NSW selectors.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You were watching the first Origin game where Queensland clocked up 28 points I assume?

One might easily argue that our forwards were well beaten, and looked shot defensively....

I don't think you can expect to win a big game giving up 28 points?

QLD with the side they name are always going to score AT LEAST 18-20 points, regardless of who we pick.

We need to score points. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but people just don't understand. We get into their 20 and go from side to side, its embarrassing.

watatank

Coach
QLD with the side they name are always going to score AT LEAST 18-20 points, regardless of who we pick.

We need to score points. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but people just don't understand. We get into their 20 and go from side to side, its embarrassing.

Scoring points is a concern but stopping points is an even bigger concern...

Look at it this way...QLD with the side they name are always going to have MORE points in them than us, regardless of who WE pick. We can pick Jennings, QLD have Inglis...who would you back to win that battle? Best thing NSW can do is try limit QLD to say 12 points that way we would only have to score 13 to win.

timka4

Bench
yeh i would prefer a workhorse style backrow with a flashy halfback and good five eigth with flashy outside backs. Then to have a "flashy" back-row with defensive outside backs. The first team build is what QLD currently have, so I would be copying them :).

Springs

First Grade
Love him, but im sorry, it wouldnt exactly be looking towards the future.

Uh, we need to win now. In the future QLD are still going to have Inglis, Slater, Smith, Thurston etc for many years, picking rookies that can't win does not help, as game 1 last year proved.

And I don't think picking Lockyer over Cronk is looking towards the future, but QLD want to win this series, so they pick the best team, unlike us who must just want to win in 5 years time...

Springs

First Grade
Our problems aren't defensively, they are in attack and here he offers very very little.

And Creagh and Waterhouse offer so, so much. What a load of crap. He does not offer much as a running back rower but makes a ton of hit-ups, plus offloads and ball-plays. Anyway, Gallen, Watmough and Lewis offer plenty in attack.