What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh to consider another season

Frederick

Staff member
If he does play on next year I wonder what they'll do with all those commemorative jerseys they made up for his last game

if he is considering it i'd be talking to ricky stuart first and see if he is ok with it

it puts luke burt between a rock and a hard place though if hindy goes around another year should he still retire or come back too?
(shaddup i know what you all think)

Last edited:

jono

Juniors
Well put it this way, if he didn't play against the Broncos on Monday night, we lose.
Maybe not lose , but Arthur was astute enough to put him back on after 10 minutes of the second half when the donkeys made their big push at us.
I reckon Hindy's presence either boosted the team's confidence or just scared the shit out of them to start tackling again

Hindy should just do what he wants to do, he has given enough to the club already over the years.
If he wants to play in again, ask the club do they want him again next year or just do what he decided to do earlier in the year and retire and move on to the media jobs he has lined up.

Please Hindy make the decision with your family in mind knowing you gave everything.

And there is no quote from Hindy in that article.
In the words of Twizzle "Slow News Day"

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
Maybe not lose , but Arthur was astute enough to put him back on after 10 minutes of the second half when the donkeys made their big push at us.
I reckon Hindy's presence either boosted the team's confidence or just scared the shit out of them to start tackling again

I noticed that too. I know it is only one game (possibly two - it is likely he was also in charge for the game against the Storm) but Brad Arthur seems to know his stuff. There have been many with less credentials than this bloke coach first grade......obviously.

Just on the article, I once heard someone say that Hindmarsh and Kearney did not get along - or even really speak for that matter. Of course, you don't know what to believe these days but the interesting line in the article for me was this: "It is also said Hindmarsh was despondent at the club's performances and couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel." Perhaps he decided to resign when he was told by management that Kearney was staying put? Now Kearney's gone and Stuart is coming, he thinks "I got dudded". Thoughts?

WOE

bugger the refund i'll still wear it :D
i dare say they will be skip binned if he reconsiders before the last game so they won't even hit the market.
But looking at him in interviews where his retirement has been mentioned he looks settled with the idea and doesn't seem to have any regrets with the decision. I'd say he is not playing on and someone in the sports dept at the telecrap has just joined the australian and taught them that parra news even if it is no news sells papers.

Gronk

Staff member
Are we a better side with him on the field ? Yep.

#seemslogicalricky

mickdo

Coach
Love him to stay, but until we see some quotes from him about it it just sounds like paper talk. Oh wait... forgot my sig

natheel

Coach
Would be great if true! He's really turned his form around and is starting to go well in attack again. The young blokes seem to thrive off him and having him one more year will only improve the young blokes like Ryan, Harrison (when he comes in) these are the types of guys who are going to take over when hindy goes. Also one more season and at the end of next year sticky will be able to find a player on the market to replace him

Delboy

First Grade
I noticed that too. I know it is only one game (possibly two - it is likely he was also in charge for the game against the Storm) but Brad Arthur seems to know his stuff. There have been many with less credentials than this bloke coach first grade......obviously.

Just on the article, I once heard someone say that Hindmarsh and Kearney did not get along - or even really speak for that matter. Of course, you don't know what to believe these days but the interesting line in the article for me was this: "It is also said Hindmarsh was despondent at the club's performances and couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel." Perhaps he decided to resign when he was told by management that Kearney was staying put? Now Kearney's gone and Stuart is coming, he thinks "I got dudded". Thoughts?

WOE
This may not come as a surprise, but Brad Arthur was in charge of the team for the week before the Sharks games. SK was in NZ for the week, coincidence re the result??

Yes to your thoughts on retirement

SDM

First Grade
I heard that SK had the flu and chucked a few sickies the week before we beat Manly earlier in the year.

Latest posts