What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh to consider another season

Gronk

Staff member
I thought he was the merkin promoting a bad culture?

Yes will be interested to hear Poupou Escobar's view on this, seeing that he thinks that Hindy at is the root of the poor culture problem.

Usually when guys retire they're a shadow of their old self and just hanging on. See Petero.

Hindy is still the 2nd best player on our team. Retiring too early. Webke style.

newmanj

Juniors
Hindy messaged me just yesterday to say he is 100% retiring. I asked him straight out if he was reconsidering, and he answered he didn't want to go one season too long. He said he is playing "ok" footy, and wants to be remembered that way!

End of story, as far as I'm concerned.

You are a long time retired, as I told Hindy, but he was adamant.

Someone

Bench
meh, no reason he cant play on for another year and be utilized in a manner different to status quo. Bench him and bring him on in the 50min to play last 30 and tackle tackle tackle. our middle wont leak points...

if he does retire he will surely be missed, but i faith in Benny smith and reni. although thats all i like when i see backrowers at our club, wish we snagged lewis...

strider

Post Whore
hindy could probably play until he is 50 and still have a higher workrate in defence than most the young guys running around

and when I say workrate in defence, I don't just mean the number of tackles (flops) he does - I mean ALWAYS chasing and never giving up and putting yourself in the position to dive on a lost ball or make that last tackle .... ie the intangibles that don't show up in stats

broncos2010

Juniors
Funny that how some of you guys are turn coats on here couple months ago you said its time for him to go and has nothing to offer and now you want him to stay.

Utey

Coach
Hindy messaged me just yesterday to say he is 100% retiring. I asked him straight out if he was reconsidering, and he answered he didn't want to go one season too long. He said he is playing "ok" footy, and wants to be remembered that way!

End of story, as far as I'm concerned.

You are a long time retired, as I told Hindy, but he was adamant.

Cheers Jase, I guess with no direct quotes, it was never going to happen.

Ratchy

Juniors
Funny that how some of you guys are turn coats on here couple months ago you said its time for him to go and has nothing to offer and now you want him to stay.

Didn't you know that players that wear Parramatta jerseys either need to be sacked/retired or become the next immortal.

broncos2010

Juniors
Didn't you know that players that wear Parramatta jerseys either need to be sacked/retired or become the next immortal.

LOL

True that like 2 months I came on here and saw everyone saying hindy is way past it and should just give it in and some even said that he should not finish the season and now they all want him to go around again.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Funny how you came on here a couple months ago and said Kearney wasn't the problem, it was just that our players are completely rubbish, and now those completely rubbish players belted your alleged top 4 team on their home ground. :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
LOL

True that like 2 months I came on here and saw everyone saying hindy is way past it and should just give it in and some even said that he should not finish the season and now they all want him to go around again.

They were just taking the piss mate. Lurkers fall for it every time.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
To be fair 2 months ago Hindy was struggling, but he has really picked up since the Penrith game. At the end of the day it's his choice if he is happy to go around again i'm sure he'll add something to the team if he doesn't at least he will go out still playing good footy.

To be fair 2 months ago Hindy was struggling, but he has really picked up since the Penrith game. At the end of the day it's his choice if he is happy to go around again i'm sure he'll add something to the team if he doesn't at least he will go out still playing good footy.

Was he really struggling? Might not have been at his best/at the level he is now, but he was still peforming better than 75% of the backrowers in the NRL.

Maybe it was a sign of how bad the team was going, but even if Hindy was struggling, he has been in our top 2 forwards pretty much every week this season still.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Well see plenty of Hindy next season, footy show, sideline eye etc...

Wouldnt be suprised is he has a deal stiched up already

strider

Post Whore
LOL

maybe you just saw the 6 billion posts pou makes about such things and mistook them for "everyone"

Djay

Juniors
2 months ago I'd be saying his nuts, but his been playing some really good football lately. In attack and defense, his added a pass now and is the same defender as always. I'd love to see him end his career on a good note by playing finals football which is the minimum he deserves.

Latest posts