What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh

skeepe

Immortal
Several words spring to mind when I think Nathan Hindmarsh.

Overrated, Thug and Hack are just 3 of them.

I have never in all my life seen such an untalented player receive such praise. To compensate for his lack of talent, he drops forearms every second tackle, grapples every other tackle and on the odd occasion when he isn't doing either he'll either flop or spear a player into the ground.

Why the Hindmarsh myth? Tonight he was no better than a talentless, two-bit thug.

redVgirl

Juniors
nice try skeepe.

how about u take a look at the amount of tackles and hit ups he does per game, consistently. hes a machine. the end.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol....either that is the worst ever attempt at trolling, or you are a complete genius. Either way *let's post through to the keeper*

skeepe

Immortal
I take it I'm the only one who thinks this way? Unbelievable.

The man is a poor man's Michael Crocker.

RABK

Referee
He's a workhorse, the best one out there. But he does lack a lot of talent much more complete backrowers have.

I'd have Tallis, Clyde, heck even Mark Geyer over him anyday. There's just something about him he really lacks.

Sonny Bill gets through perhaps half as much work yet has probably won the Bulldogs twice as many games as Hindmarsh has for the eels in 6 times as many games.

Steve Simpson was much the same, just becoming a workhorse - until tonight. He went back to the ball running Simpson and did only half his usual amount of defence. I thought he was the best forward on the park last night. If not, definetly the Blues best.

Perhaps Hindmarsh needs to lighten the defensive load.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
He certainly isnt the same player he used to be.
He needs to lose a few kilos and concentrate on his attacking game a bit more.

skeepe

Immortal
That's my point. I can see Hindmarsh becoming the next Craig Fitzgibbon - praised for a few years, but looking like he's broken out of the nursing home and waiting for the zimmerframe brigade to show up by the end of his career.

IMO the slide has already started. There's no doubt Hindmarsh has talent, especially the Hindmarsh of a few years ago, but these days he acts more and more like he's trying to be a hard man and less of the player he was. Oh and dropping the forearm, giving people face massages and trying to twist their heads off doesn't make you hard Nathan. Just a tip.

Slappy

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
He's a workhorse, the best one out there. But he does lack a lot of talent much more complete backrowers have.

I'd have Tallis, Clyde, heck even Mark Geyer over him anyday. There's just something about him he really lacks.

Sonny Bill gets through perhaps half as much work yet has probably won the Bulldogs twice as many games as Hindmarsh has for the eels in 6 times as many games.

Steve Simpson was much the same, just becoming a workhorse - until tonight. He went back to the ball running Simpson and did only half his usual amount of defence. I thought he was the best forward on the park last night. If not, definetly the Blues best.

Perhaps Hindmarsh needs to lighten the defensive load.

Simpson was really impressive tonight, had a great game!
As for Hindy, I'd have him in a Tigers jersey in a flash!

Dean

Juniors
You are an idiot skeepe.

Forearms? Thug? You've either just travelled from a parallel universe or youre just some moron with a grudge.

Granted, Hindmarsh tries too hard some times and ends up hindering his attacking game, but he usually makes up for this by filling in for lazy team mates.

Hindmarsh= tireless attacker and defender/ second best forward in the comp behind Buderus and showed this tonight.
Skeefe= tool

Big Pete

Referee
He's still a top player Hindmarsh IMO.

He is going into the Fitzgibborn mould when he should be trying to pull a Simpson in last nights game.

He isn't the cleanest player but certainly not the dirtiest.

lucablight

First Grade
Hindmarsh made 36 tackles and 11 hitups for 83m. Whilst not spectacular it's still quite respectable. Even Luke Bailey who is arguably the best prop in the game made "only" 83m.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems he has become a "stats" man. like Fitzgibbon his reputation is built on the number of hitups/tackles rather than the quality or outcome of those events. He was at his best when he was doing less work, running wider out and being more damaging making metres and offloads.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if he is guilty of all the forearms and grapples, how come he doesn't get panalised

he is a workhorse and one of the best backrowers in the game

skeepe

Immortal
Twizzle said:
if he is guilty of all the forearms and grapples, how come he doesn't get panalised

Something I kept wondering last night myself every time I saw him do it.

Phillips said:
overrated? yes

thug? no

Agreed.

Anyone backrower can tackle there guts out and make 40-50 tackles a game.

However most have the brains not too, and as such make a lot of metres for there team plus 25-35 tackles.

He used to be such a devastating runner of the ball.... Now??? Maybe for the 1 run at the start were he has a bit of puff.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Have to agree alittle with the negative Hindmarsh comments, in respect to his attacking efficiency. He does make metres but is definately not as effective in attack as others. I'd like to see him used for less time in a game and told to give it all for shorter periods of time. I feel the 80 minute player means he become ineffective after this long period of time.

Mr Saab

Referee
He is a good player, but he isnt a damaging attacking back rower like a Tallis, BK, Clyde, Sironen.
Makes alot of tackles, and yes eels fans, tackles are part of the game, but he doesnt want to turn into a Gary Larson clone.

Latest posts