What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh

Bigfella

Coach
Hindmarsh repeatedly came up with offloads in attack but lacked support. Unlike manuy of his big name mates, he kept the quality of his hit ups the same whether NSW were dominating or Queensland were (a couple of the NSW players are superstars when they are dominating but go mIA when things get tough).

From memory QLD scored their points when he was off the field bar the first try. If NSW had won he would certainly have been man of match.

As for the forearms that is just plain wrong.

V1er

Juniors
Every time he took the ball up last night he looked to try and get it away, he was one of nsw best out there, there was an instance where he was close to the line and he could have offloaded it but there was no one supporting him.

Sean7

Juniors
Hindmarsh was often criticized here for standing out wide. Everyone wanted to say how much better Ian was because he did the tough stuff. Though in truth, Nathan always did a lot of work.

Now Nathan plays up the middle and he should move out wide. I agree actually, but I thought his attack was quite strong last night. He drew about 4 defenders in every tackle and was often still standing looking to offload.

Ben Kennedy is the ultimate backrower because he just runs so damn hard every time and makes a few tackles too. He's one of the most inspirational forwards ever in my opinion. Hindmarsh could run a little harder, although he has been doing that in the second half of the season more often.

Hindmarsh's game has changed because his teammates (at Parramatta) are a joke. FFMM is a machine, but the just walk and fall. Parramatta's forwards are quite strong walkers though. I couldn't walk that hard.

Godz Illa

Coach
Great player, easily one of NSW's best - as usual.
Bigfella said:
Hindmarsh repeatedly came up with offloads in attack but lacked support.
I spotted that too. Cost the Blues dearly at times but it was indicative of their entire performance. One-out stuff with no support.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
skeepe said:
Several words spring to mind when I think Nathan Hindmarsh.

Overrated, Thug and Hack are just 3 of them.

I have never in all my life seen such an untalented player receive such praise. To compensate for his lack of talent, he drops forearms every second tackle, grapples every other tackle and on the odd occasion when he isn't doing either he'll either flop or spear a player into the ground.

Why the Hindmarsh myth? Tonight he was no better than a talentless, two-bit thug.

Quite possibly the single most moronic post ever made on any forum, ever.

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
To all the "experts" on this forum who doubt Nathan Hindmarsh's ability I have this to say to you:

Most if not all of you who are bagging him have probably never played the game, let alone played it at the highest level so to say things like any player can make 40 or 50 tackles or he lacks impact with his runs are quite stupid statements.

Very few forwards have the physical or mental capacity to play 80 minutes at NRL level let alone State of Origin or Test level. I doubt very much that he asked to be taken off for the 5-10 minutes that he didn't play last night and I don't think it was a coincidence that Queensland scored the two tries which ultimately led to them winning the game and series.

People claiming that he has no talent or is a dirty player are dead set kidding themselves. He is regularly one of the first players picked for rep sides and has probably only been suspended twice for maybe 2-3 games in his 180 game career.

I have read names such as Gorden Tallis, Bradley Clyde, Mark Geyer, Paul Sironen, Ben Kennedy and Steve Simpson listed as players who people feel are more talented or more complete players, but apart from Tallis and Clyde I don't think any of the others will be mentioned in years to come as one of the games best ever forwards. Geyer and Tallis who are in the media a fair bit have commeneted numerous times on the fact they can't believe the amount of work he gets through and have said that they could never do what he does. I would like to see what Hindmarsh could do in a forward pack with the supporting casts of the players listed:Tallis(Webcke, Lazarus), Clyde(Lazarus, Walters), Sironen(Roach, Elias, Pearce), Geyer(Cartwright, Simmons), Kennedy/Simpson(Buderus). Some of the backs that these guys played with were also handy players:Allan Langer, Darren Lockyer, Steve Renouf, Mal Meninga, Ricky Stuart, Gary Belcher, Laurie Daley, Garry Jack, Ellery Hanley, Greg Alexander, Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns.

Hindmarsh himself admitted earlier this year that he wasn't entirely happy with his game and in particular his attack and he has worked hard to improve this area of his game. While still

And to any Eels fans who have contributed posts to this thread that doubt whether or not this guy has any talent or is overrated, you need to wake up to yourselves.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Perth Red said:
Seems he has become a "stats" man. like Fitzgibbon his reputation is built on the number of hitups/tackles rather than the quality or outcome of those events. He was at his best when he was doing less work, running wider out and being more damaging making metres and offloads.

i dont agree with you at all there... he has made some good try saving tackles there was one in the 3rd game where qld made a break and he chased and stoped the bloke and forced the knock on he did the same in the first game..

hindmarsh had a bigger name before fitzgibbon and will after...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hindy Rulz said:
To all the "experts" on this forum who doubt Nathan Hindmarsh's ability I have this to say to you:

Most if not all of you who are bagging him have probably never played the game, let alone played it at the highest level so to say things like any player can make 40 or 50 tackles or he lacks impact with his runs are quite stupid statements.

Very few forwards have the physical or mental capacity to play 80 minutes at NRL level let alone State of Origin or Test level. I doubt very much that he asked to be taken off for the 5-10 minutes that he didn't play last night and I don't think it was a coincidence that Queensland scored the two tries which ultimately led to them winning the game and series.

People claiming that he has no talent or is a dirty player are dead set kidding themselves. He is regularly one of the first players picked for rep sides and has probably only been suspended twice for maybe 2-3 games in his 180 game career.

I have read names such as Gorden Tallis, Bradley Clyde, Mark Geyer, Paul Sironen, Ben Kennedy and Steve Simpson listed as players who people feel are more talented or more complete players, but apart from Tallis and Clyde I don't think any of the others will be mentioned in years to come as one of the games best ever forwards. Geyer and Tallis who are in the media a fair bit have commeneted numerous times on the fact they can't believe the amount of work he gets through and have said that they could never do what he does. I would like to see what Hindmarsh could do in a forward pack with the supporting casts of the players listed:Tallis(Webcke, Lazarus), Clyde(Lazarus, Walters), Sironen(Roach, Elias, Pearce), Geyer(Cartwright, Simmons), Kennedy/Simpson(Buderus). Some of the backs that these guys played with were also handy players:Allan Langer, Darren Lockyer, Steve Renouf, Mal Meninga, Ricky Stuart, Gary Belcher, Laurie Daley, Garry Jack, Ellery Hanley, Greg Alexander, Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns.

Hindmarsh himself admitted earlier this year that he wasn't entirely happy with his game and in particular his attack and he has worked hard to improve this area of his game. While still

And to any Eels fans who have contributed posts to this thread that doubt whether or not this guy has any talent or is overrated, you need to wake up to yourselves.
:clap: could not have said it any better by the way skeepe you are a clueless boob.who cares what you think his peers rated him the best 2nd rower in the comp nuff said.

Iafeta

Referee
Skeepe, I agree with you on one thing - Hindmarsh loves the floperooni. Fosbury flop Hindmarsh.

Hutty1986

Immortal
hineyrulz said:
:clap: could not have said it any better by the way skeepe you are a clueless boob.who cares what you think his peers rated him the best 2nd rower in the comp nuff said.

Yeah exactly, I couldn't believe it when i first read the title of this thread.. what a joke. Hindmarsh is one of the greatest forwards in the world today, possibly ever

ngunity

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
i dont agree with you at all there... he has made some good try saving tackles there was one in the 3rd game where qld made a break and he chased and stoped the bloke and forced the knock on he did the same in the first game..

hindmarsh had a bigger name before fitzgibbon and will after...

yep further to what Y2Eel is saying I think people who claim his 40-50 tackles a game are all flops and stat-grabbing are somehow overlooking that Hindmarsh also sprinkles his tackle count with try savers, clean break shutdowns, and defensive efforts that hold his often inept Eels defense in place

Try to pay attention to who it is dragging down a potential try scorer next time Hindmarsh-doubters: you might gain some appreciation for a great defender, big heart, team player

Annecdote on why I also think Hindmarsh is good leader and team player, late 2005 season when the eels were looking intimidated in a big game he threw in plenty of niggle and dominating hitting and running to turn it around for the Eels. Can't bloody remember what game, but it was 'pillar-of-inspiration' stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Webb is a thug.

Hindy if a talented footballer.

Big difference

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Perth Red said:
Seems he has become a "stats" man. like Fitzgibbon his reputation is built on the number of hitups/tackles rather than the quality or outcome of those events. He was at his best when he was doing less work, running wider out and being more damaging making metres and offloads.

agree 100%

he seems more about doing tackles- I use the term lossley i reckon about 50% are flops, than getting stuck in in attack like he used to which is a shame. I dont think he's as effective as he once was, but in saying that he rarely lets you down

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
Make up your mind. Some of you are arguing that he is a stats man and simply flops onto tackles to increase his tackle count while also making the argument that his defensive workload takes away from his attacking game.

Flops wouldn't really cause an elite athlete to become tired. In todays game the team that controls the ruck usually goes a long way towards winning the game, and this is why you see 2 and 3 players getting involved in a tackle before the man is on the ground. It is only a flop when a player dives in after the referee calls held. When you get numbers into a tackle the referee has to allow for a greater amount of time for the defenders to get off the tackled player.

It is quite scary how little some of you know about the game and yet you feel qualified to call a player who is regularly picked in the Australian and New South Wales sides, has been voted the games best 2nd rower by his peers, is the raining Dally M 2nd Rower of the Year and is arguably one of the hardest working players to ever play the game.

Some of you need to get down to a park and see how hard it is to tackle men who weigh between 95-115 kilos over 30 times and run the ball into the same monsters another 12-15 times. Add to this the fact that you have to move up and back 10 metres with the defensive line, pick yourself up off the ground after every tackle you make and every run you take and I haven't even mentioned things like sprinting 40 metres down field to chase a kick or make a cover tackle on an outside back who may weigh 10 or more kilos less than you and probably covers 100 metres in around 11 seconds.

And to use the word soft is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Grab yourself a copy of the Parra vs Roosters game from rd 12 and have a look at the quality of the 26 hit ups for 235 metres and the 35 tackles and also have a look at the way he pushes up in support of teammates and chases blokes like Craig Wing around in the 2nd half. Now remember this came 4 days after playing State of Origin and having another 11 hit ups and 39 tackles. Now tell me he is soft.

Latest posts