What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

Joely01

Bench
Drove past the ground this morning and realised that they had the game advertised on the screen but no gate opening time yet, Could it mean the Wenty boys might come and play before 20s again? i really enjoyed last weekend with all 3 grades and hope its something to club looks at more often.

Or could not showing the gate opening time mean they are trying to get an earlier kick off?

Still can't get over the stupid time slot but if they can make a big day of it starting at around 12 it could turn out to be quite a fun day.

Drove past the ground this morning and realised that they had the game advertised on the screen but no gate opening time yet, Could it mean the Wenty boys might come and play before 20s again? i really enjoyed last weekend with all 3 grades and hope its something to club looks at more often.

Or could not showing the gate opening time mean they are trying to get an earlier kick off?

Still can't get over the stupid time slot but if they can make a big day of it starting at around 12 it could turn out to be quite a fun day.

if theres no lower grades game on why cant we play the game at 12 and show it live on fox they can show warriors games at 12 why not us?

it seems like its only foxtel that wants this stupid 7pm kickoff time

Eels Dude

Coach
if theres no lower grades game on why cant we play the game at 12 and show it live on fox they can show warriors games at 12 why not us?

Yeah unfortunately it's Foxtel's choice though.

Murf

Juniors
Not looking forward to this at all, I have to work at the club every home game, I havent been able to get over to watch the boys at home since we did the Tits in the death last year.

This is fathers day as well. Possibly could the busiest f**king day/night of all time. Look for someone to throw themselves off the level three balcony at some stage of the day.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Unfortunately the Wenty game only attracted 2 men and a dog and probably cost the club money due to security and staff that that had to pay for to allow the match to proceed.

oldmancraigy

Coach

](*,)

It's all about the way the games are chosen. Fox gets to choose 3rd for a 7pm Monday night game. Then 9 chooses after them for Sunday afternoon footy.

There are contractual obligations to play at the times prescribed - it just so happens that in round 26, Monday night footy is 7pm Sunday night, not Monday.

So, no, they can't just now change the time. Or 9 would complain that they didn't get to pick it for the 4pm Sunday slot.

](*,)

It's all about the way the games are chosen. Fox gets to choose 3rd for a 7pm Monday night game. Then 9 chooses after them for Sunday afternoon footy.

There are contractual obligations to play at the times prescribed - it just so happens that in round 26, Monday night footy is 7pm Sunday night, not Monday.

So, no, they can't just now change the time. Or 9 would complain that they didn't get to pick it for the 4pm Sunday slot.

i suppose we can just be thankful its not monday night that would be even worse

Joely01

Bench
](*,)

So does that mean of Foxsports is picking the 3rd best game of the round but it is getting put on a crappy Monday time slot each week?

Seriously how hard is it to have the 3 best games each week on free to air?

And I also hope the new rights have a clause that there is a max of times the broncos can be shown on fri night, I've been over watching them play since rd4.

eels_fan

First Grade
That's true. It's about Ratings remember and Mon night games rate well.

Fox gives stuff all out stadium attendances (and nor should they)

oldmancraigy

Coach
So does that mean of Foxsports is picking the 3rd best game of the round but it is getting put on a crappy Monday time slot each week?

Seriously how hard is it to have the 3 best games each week on free to air?

And I also hope the new rights have a clause that there is a max of times the broncos can be shown on fri night, I've been over watching them play since rd4.

Whether or not you or I like it, the fact of the matter is that what I said is what is currently happening.

And I do agree with your sentiments. Frankly, how hard is it to have the best 8 games on FTA? They rate like crazy anyhow....

Screw Fox and their lowball offer I say.

Gronk

Staff member
PARRAMATTA Stadium Trust has been accused of blocking up to 4000 Eels fans from watching the farewell match of their hero, Nathan Hindmarsh.

Eels chief executive Bob Bentley went to the Trust with two proposals to increase the stadium's capacity, but both have been rejected for safety reasons.
Already the round 26 match, on a Sunday at 7pm, is a 20,000 sell-out to mark the final NRL game for Hindmarsh, teammate Luke Burt and St George Illawarra's Dean Young.
Bentley wanted signage structures removed from the Peter Sterling Terrace and Brett Kenny Terrace so that 3000 to 4000 fans could sit and stand on the bitumen and grass behind the signs.
When rejected, Bentley asked the Trust whether temporary seating could be placed on the playing field against the perimeter fence.
Stadium venue manager Luke Coleman described the request as "laughable".
Bentley, still hoping for approval, told The Daily Telegraph: The club is looking at removing the signage so fans can sit there on the hills at the northern and southern ends.
"We would offer a financial contribution (to the Trust) to enable this to happen.
"It would take a bit of work to pull down the structures and they (the Trust) have spoken about OH&S issues and the need for a Risk Management Report."
Pressed on the alternative, Bentley said: "We are also looking at putting additional seating inside the field up against the fence. I remember the days of Lidcombe Oval when fans were on the running track.
"We will talk to the NRL about it. Given they have given us the 7pm match, they may feel generous. We could get a few more in there to be part of the game and atmosphere."
But Coleman said the Trust could not - and would not - approve either option.
"It (moving signage) would be a major, major exercise with so many ramifications," Coleman said. "Everything from logistics and public safety to crowd control.
"We've looked at the ramifications and it is not something we would do. It seems obvious the club doesn't understand, which is unfortunate.
"But we are trying to do everything we can to make the match memorable."
Coleman rejected Bentley's proposal for extra seating on the playing field.
"That is laughable," he said. "I don't think these people (Parramatta) know much about running a venue.
"We have a safe, secure and controlled environment and we won't compromise public safety with an impractical consideration."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...s-final-nrl-game/story-e6frfgbo-1226452112782

Maroubra Eel

Coach
It wouldn't be that hard to pull down some signage.

The Trusts attitude tells me it's time to look to the future at ANZ(or whatever it's called these days).

Gronk

Staff member
It wouldn't be that hard to pull down some signage.

The Trusts attitude tells me it's time to look to the future at ANZ(or whatever it's called these days).

Didn't they agree to do exactly that for the new soccer team ? They said that they were going to remove all traces of Parra from the Stadium.

Latest posts