What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
Home shirt a distinctly WA home jersey based on a classic Bears design.
Alternate 1 for when we need a lighter jersey during summer months or playing in Qlnd/PNG and has a nod to the reds
Alternate 2 would be our jersey for the NSO oval games and Sydney away games where our membership was included. A distinctively NS feeling jersey.

wv bears 3 jerseys3.jpg

Bukowski

Juniors
Home shirt a distinctly WA home jersey based on a classic Bears design.
Alternate 1 for when we need a lighter jersey during summer months or playing in Qlnd/PNG and has a nod to the reds
Alternate 2 would be our jersey for the NSO oval games and Sydney away games where our membership was included. A distinctively NS feeling jersey.

View attachment 92915
Alt 3 looks the goods.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
I understand the touch of yellow being a nod to WA but I find it interesting that all former Western/Perth Reds jerseys only featured a touch of yellow themselves.

You’d be forgiven for thinking yellow was a huge part of their identity and jersey. Giving up the yellow for WA could be argued should be as easy as adding the yellow for other fans.

Just a thought/observation.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I understand the touch of yellow being a nod to WA but I find it interesting that all former Western/Perth Reds jerseys only featured a touch of yellow themselves.

You’d be forgiven for thinking yellow was a huge part of their identity and jersey. Giving up the yellow for WA could be argued should be as easy as adding the yellow for other fans.

Yellow was pretty prominent both in the western reds kit and the logo. It was only the SL jersey where it became a secondary thought. Itd be like saying dont really need the red in the norths colours and just use the black.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Yellow was pretty prominent both in the western reds kit and the logo. It was only the SL jersey where it became a secondary thought. Itd be like saying dont really need the red in the norths colours and just use the black.

Your definition of “prominent” must be vastly different to mine.

I wasn’t talking logos. I was talking jerseys.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Would be incredibly hard to pull that over your head and wear that.

Attached is all of the Reds jerseys. None have more than a touch of yellow.
Players don’t just run out in a jersey, they also wear shorts and socks lol. Yellow was one of the clubs colours. It was just as important as the other three.

Matt_CBY

Juniors

Players don’t just run out in a jersey, they also wear shorts and socks lol. Yellow was one of the clubs colours. It was just as important as the other three.

I wasn’t talking about the full kit. You’ve made that assumption for yourself.

When I buy a jersey from the team store, I don’t take home shorts and socks.

Even so, if you want to widen the conversation to suit yourself and talk about the entire kit, even with the shorts - one can hardly argue that yellow is a “prominent” in the overall kit.

From the full kits attached, claiming taking away the yellow from these kits is the same as removing Red from North Sydney is delusional.

Attachments

• IMG_8520.jpeg
    IMG_8520.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8521.jpeg
    IMG_8521.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8523.jpeg
    IMG_8523.jpeg
    957.5 KB · Views: 5

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wasn’t talking about the full kit. You’ve made that assumption for yourself.

When I buy a jersey from the team store, I don’t take home shorts and socks.

Even so, if you want to widen the conversation to suit yourself and talk about the entire kit, even with the shorts - one can hardly argue that yellow is a “prominent” in the overall kit.

From the full kits attached, claiming taking away the yellow from these kits is the same as removing Red from North Sydney is delusional.
I’m not sure why youre struggling to understand that the brand colours for the western reds where red, black,yellow and white lol it’s like your arguing for arguments sake. It’s pretty clear yellow played an import part in the clubs branding.

IMG_1963.png

MugaB

Coach
Only need to look at the WA RL representative colors to know that yellow and black is WA inspired choices, that's the reason yellow will be added to the western bears

images-35.jpegimages-37.jpegimages-36.jpeg
Now for the former western reds,
mg.jpg
BTW notice on MG the sleeves and piping are yellow, probably the numbers on the back too, it's funny but the only reason they have red as a color, is coz their mascot was a red kangaroo, otherwise they'd be black and yellow, and maybe some white

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I’m not sure why youre struggling to understand that the brand colours for the western reds where red, black,yellow and white lol it’s like your arguing for arguments sake. It’s pretty clear yellow played an import part in the clubs branding.
Why can't it be called Perth Bears. We have a Wests team. If it's called Western Bears/Reds or whatever isn't it going to be a conflict. In KOE, assuming Perth will have one you'll have Western Bears v Western Suburbs.
As far as colours go what colour is iron ore? I'd like a combo ochre with white shorts and trims. A bit like road kill and desert that most east folk think of the west ;)
iron-ore-lump-333.jpg

MugaB

Coach
Why can't it be called Perth Bears. We have a Wests team. If it's called Western Bears/Reds or whatever isn't it going to be a conflict. In KOE, assuming Perth will have one you'll have Western Bears v Western Suburbs.
As far as colours go what colour is iron ore? I'd like a combo ochre with white shorts and trims. A bit like road kill and desert that most east folk think of the west ;)
View attachment 92980
They've already stated its "WESTERN" for an ode to the past Western reds, that "Western' stands for Western Australia... they want to be bigger than just the city of perth, as for colors... norths are red, black and white, and it's one of there non negotiables, aswell as the branding of thier mascot being the bear... They've said they'll add a trim of yellow to reflect WA,
Just like Canberra did for ACT (blue/gold) aswell as the dolphins do for QLD... etc

Latest posts