What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

oldmancraigy

Coach
This is exactly the reason we should have taken this game to ANZ. It was a no brainer.
To sell the game out was always going to happen. Seriously, Luke Coleman wouldn't have a f**king job if it wasn't for the Eels.
We should tell 'em to get f**ked and move all our big games to Homebush and just play the shit games there.

I'm so with you on this one.

There are massive benefits to moving the 'marquee games' to ANZ. Financial if nothing else, but if we're playing half our games there, then it makes it easier to sell more season tickets, since you can offer them with the reciprocal benefits of viewing other teams home games too. This then makes our crowds in the 'crap games' bigger, since there are more season ticket holders who would most likely front up anyhow.

Example: Cowboys have been a typically poor drawing side for us. If we currently have 8k season ticket holders, then we might pull a crowd of 11k for them. If we had all our marquee games at ANZ (Tigers, Saints, Dogs, Souths etc) then we might manage half again as many season ticket holders (12k) which would give a healthy 15k crowd against the Cowboys.

There are massive benefits to moving the 'marquee games' to ANZ. Financial if nothing else, but if we're playing half our games there, then it makes it easier to sell more season tickets, since you can offer them with the reciprocal benefits of viewing other teams home games too. This then makes our crowds in the 'crap games' bigger, since there are more season ticket holders who would most likely front up anyhow.

Example: Cowboys have been a typically poor drawing side for us. If we currently have 8k season ticket holders, then we might pull a crowd of 11k for them. If we had all our marquee games at ANZ (Tigers, Saints, Dogs, Souths etc) then we might manage half again as many season ticket holders (12k) which would give a healthy 15k crowd against the Cowboys.

i think we should move all the games against other sydney teams there where you can expect a good turnout from the opposition

Suitman

Post Whore

Completely agree with your logic.
I just have a thing against the Trust in general. They have let the Stadium fall behind facility wise, and done stupid things over the years like impose a 2 beer limit and install those stupid advertising hoardings. The video screen is crap, the food is crap, the queues for food and beverages are crap. FFS, they still pour light beers from cans into plastic cups. The place is a shemozzle. They forget that if it wasn't for the Eels, it would be a ghost town, yet they continue to treat us like shit.
TBH, I can't wait for a move to Homebush. Sign a deal with them that we play four/five games a year there.

Suity

I just have a thing against the Trust in general. They have let the Stadium fall behind facility wise, and done stupid things over the years like impose a 2 beer limit and install those stupid advertising hoardings. The video screen is crap, the food is crap, the queues for food and beverages are crap. FFS, they still pour light beers from cans into plastic cups. The place is a shemozzle. They forget that if it wasn't for the Eels, it would be a ghost town, yet they continue to treat us like shit.
TBH, I can't wait for a move to Homebush. Sign a deal with them that we play four/five games a year there.

Suity

wait until they get the wanderers in with a crowd average of 5000 on a good day and then see how they like the eels

i hate the storm but i love aami park its how a stadium should be

strider

Post Whore

Suity

yeah but other than everything being crap its great :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
I think we should play it in Japan.

#JustSoIHaveAnExcuseToGoThere

OK so are you actually Japanese or you just have an interest ?

A mate of mine also has an interest in Japan however his is pussy based.

#shesapocketrocket

oldmancraigy

Coach

Suity

Yeah - every year it seems they manage to bring the stadium capacity DOWN by another few hundred people.

Total rubbish.

They get a grant approved to add 5k seats, but instead of following through on it, they take the capacity from close to 22k back then to under 20k now. Should've been 27k and still one of the greatest stadiums to watch footy in Sydney, but it's being run by small minded morons unfortunately.

El Eels

Juniors
We should play more games at Homebush so we can get more and more practice for when we make another Grand Final and are used to winning at the place...

Tony Bongo

Bench
I do agree that it would be fairly major exercise to remove the advertising. That would be a huge job.

And to the companies that paid good money on those signs, are they just going to say sorry but even though it is our biggest crowd of the year - your ad will be removed??

The stadium bloke sounds like a knob but I think Bentley is out of his depth with a request like that. Seriously.

It's not a major exercise - its moving a few signs. They could put them in line with the replay screen and leave them there. It wouldn't come at a great expense and the investment would begin to pay for itself in ticket sales starting round 26.
In my dealings with Luke Coleman he has always been reasonable and co operative so I don't understand what the problem is between our club and the stadium for which we are the major tenant.

Eels Dude

Coach

Suity

Well said. Add to that organizing the stupid markets in an area completely not suited to that kind of thing, and then wondering why it failed. Who goes wandering around Parramatta Stadium car park on a sunday just for the sake of it.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yeah - every year it seems they manage to bring the stadium capacity DOWN by another few hundred people.

Total rubbish.

They get a grant approved to add 5k seats, but instead of following through on it, they take the capacity from close to 22k back then to under 20k now. Should've been 27k and still one of the greatest stadiums to watch footy in Sydney, but it's being run by small minded morons unfortunately.

There's so much unutilized space. If they removed the advertising boards from both the North and Southern Hills and put them in line with the fence you could fit a few extra thousand in really. Even if you just had standing room only, which isn't perfect, but other grounds manage that without difficulty.

oldmancraigy

Coach
In my dealings with Luke Coleman he has always been reasonable and co operative so I don't understand what the problem is between our club and the stadium for which we are the major tenant.

Surely it doesn't take terribly much imagination to figure out the problem?

ANZ offer us a much better deal to play there, we refuse and prefer instead to play out of Parra stadium (save for 2 games a year).
The stadium trust are angry that we took those 2 games away.
The club is angry that they rip us off for the other 10 games.

Animosity.

The onus is on the stadium trust to come to the party and give a better deal to the club which (so far) has tried to remain loyal to the tradition of playing there. But yet they continue to be difficult and introduce stupid things like 'market day'...

oldmancraigy

Coach
There's so much unutilized space. If they removed the advertising boards from both the North and Southern Hills and put them in line with the fence you could fit a few extra thousand in really. Even if you just had standing room only, which isn't perfect, but other grounds manage that without difficulty.

Yeah - it's about 2000 more without the signage.

It used to be around 27k capacity back when the hills were in action. 21500 with the seating. 19900 2 years ago. 19654 currently.

The grant added 5k seats (to the 21500 capacity) which was never followed through. Instead since then they've been bunging on more signs and making it smaller and smaller...

Is there a lower capacity NRL ground? I don't think any other ground has a capacity under 20k does it?

Eels Dude

Coach
Is there a lower capacity NRL ground? I don't think any other ground has a capacity under 20k does it?

WIN Stadium at Wollongong might, but it's only used for 6 games a year. Even Leichardt's official capacity is listed at 20,000 but they've got close to 21 thousand some matches because they utilize the hill space.

Latest posts