What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I feel some animosity there. He says it's laughable and the Parra people don't know what they're doing. Why would he say that????

Gronk

Staff member
I feel some animosity there. He says it's laughable and the Parra people don't know what they're doing. Why would he say that????

John Quayle should take that bloke around the back of the stand and put one on his chin.

Bigfella

Coach
He sounds like a complete tool.

Almost sounds like Maroubra or Gronk the way he talks about our club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How long until our deal with these clowns run out?? They are really making it hard for to want to stay past our deal running out. Firstly threatening to fine the club for going to ANZ and now this???

All the club is trying to do is get more people to farewell one of our greatest ever players FFS!!

Gronk

Staff member
He sounds like a complete tool.

Almost sounds like Maroubra or Gronk the way he talks about our club.

The said tool, works for Venues NSW (public servant) not our club. Who said he has to support the team ?

#twit

Gronk

Staff member
They should let the punters sit on the roof and the sideline like back in the 50s.

I sat on the grass heaps of times at Cumberland Oval in the 70's. Pretty sure I did the same at Lidcome Oval (bike track) and even once at the SCG.

Bigfella

Coach
Lol. Have you ever not bitten?

But seriously, if you are the landlord of a football stadium, being interviewed about a proposal by your main tenant, which will be read by an audience which is going to be highly sympathetic to the proposal, you couldn't summon up some slightly less arrogant and obnoxious statements?

He's definitely a tool. Wouldn't have been too hard to say something like "We'd love to be able to accommodate more guests to such a special occasion but unfortunately OH&S requirements don't allow it blah blah blah.

Gronk

Staff member
Lol. Have you ever not bitten?
Nah you're right, I should try harder to resist your trolling.

But seriously, if you are the landlord of a football stadium, being interviewed about a proposal by your main tenant, which will be read by an audience which is going to be highly sympathetic to the proposal, you couldn't summon up some slightly less arrogant and obnoxious statements?

He's definitely a tool. Wouldn't have been too hard to say something like "We'd love to be able to accommodate more guests to such a special occasion but unfortunately OH&S requirements don't allow it blah blah blah.
Agree with that.

forward pass

Coach
I do agree that it would be fairly major exercise to remove the advertising. That would be a huge job.

And to the companies that paid good money on those signs, are they just going to say sorry but even though it is our biggest crowd of the year - your ad will be removed??

The stadium bloke sounds like a knob but I think Bentley is out of his depth with a request like that. Seriously.

strider

Post Whore
sitting on the field is laughable - there really isn't much room.

the game is at parra stadium - live with it as it is .... should have done more to make it elsewhere if we are that desperate for more people to see it

also, venues nsw can go ram a set of soccer posts up their arses as far as i am concerned

Stagger eel

Staff member
I do agree that it would be fairly major exercise to remove the advertising. That would be a huge job.

And to the companies that paid good money on those signs, are they just going to say sorry but even though it is our biggest crowd of the year - your ad will be removed??

The stadium bloke sounds like a knob but I think Bentley is out of his depth with a request like that. Seriously.

the stadium bloke has copped it from the club in the past, including at the AGM, I don't think we've got a particularly great working relationship with him.

Gronk

Staff member
sitting on the field is laughable - there really isn't much room.

the game is at parra stadium - live with it as it is .... should have done more to make it elsewhere if we are that desperate for more people to see it

also, venues nsw can go ram a set of soccer posts up their arses as far as i am concerned

Damn, I was hoping for a 70's flashback. What about if you only let kids on who wear stubbies, thongs, golden breed t-shirts and have mullets ?

strider

Post Whore
Damn, I was hoping for a 70's flashback. What about if you only let kids on who wear stubbies, thongs, golden breed t-shirts and have mullets ?
but that's still all the kids in western sydney isn't it?

:shock:

:lol:

forward pass

Coach
I honestly have no idea what Bentleys idea of sitting inside the fence is all about?? wtf.

How could you safely have kids sitting in that space. It really is pretty ludicrous.

oldmancraigy

Coach
"We would offer a financial contribution (to the Trust) to enable this to happen.

Why didn't we just give them a financial contribution of $100k and move the damn thing to ANZ.

Unbelievable. If you wanted fans at the game, play at ANZ. If you play it at Parra, you shouldn't be shocked that it sells out a month in advance (even in a crap timeslot).

Suitman

Post Whore
This is exactly the reason we should have taken this game to ANZ. It was a no brainer.
To sell the game out was always going to happen. Seriously, Luke Coleman wouldn't have a f**king job if it wasn't for the Eels.
We should tell 'em to get f**ked and move all our big games to Homebush and just play the shit games there. I understand that that means all of our games this year would have been at Parra.

Suity

Latest posts