What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's 2024 Trials Super Thread

I saw #16 and #17 (presumably Offa and Greig) dropped out of the team list on the Eels website, but Matterson was still listed in #18 - which is strange if there was knowledge/a reason he wouldn't play.

Though he did have a hit out last week, so might have invoked a(nother) pre-season "rest period" clause in his contract...

Serious question...no matto, moretti or wiremu or Joe O...have they been spared or this 17 the team against the dogs?
Wiremu I'd have in the 17 for sure so be interesting what the team is for round 1
Surely if fit to play Matterson, Greig and Ofa are all in the top 18... comes down to whether BA decides to go with a bench hooker or not as to whether they get a run in the #17 in Round 1.

I think Moretti is still a back-up bench player, unless there are injuries now or during the season.

Just catching up on the 'instant highlights' on the Eels website - the Lane run that set up Penisini for the first try was pretty good :thumbup:

***Actually just realised that was Carty in the #12... nice effort Bryce!

Last edited:

Soto

Bench
Surely if fit to play Matterson, Greig and Ofa are all in the top 18... comes down to whether BA decides to go with a bench hooker or not as to whether they get a run in the #17 in Round 1.

I think Moretti is still a back-up bench player, unless there are injuries now or during the season.
The good news is we have some solid depth in the fwd pack...with those 4 out and potentially 3 to come in things look good for the fwds stocks this yr....

Gronk

Staff member
What pleases me most from that game is Makatoa way down our depth chart. He has little to offer.

Sivo, yes rocks diamonds. I don’t think he’s as bad as many suggest at times however.

Eelogical

Referee
From what I saw today I didn't see any leader(s) who controlled the team. What I mean is that we let the game peter out rather than manage the overall 80 minutes. Discipline and Sivo are my concerns.

Noise

Coach
On our first graders / fringe first graders:

All were pretty solid which was good to see except:

Sivo - Dumb. Lazy. Possibly suspended for round 1
Lussick - I honestly can’t see how anyone thinks he good enough. Thought we looked a lot more crisp when Hands was on.
Makatoa - Reserve grader.
Asi- garbage.

If Sivo is suspended there is no way I’m putting Dunster in. Simmo to wing, Harper centre.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
On our first graders / fringe first graders:

All were pretty solid which was good to see except:

Sivo - Dumb. Lazy. Possibly suspended for round 1
Lussick - I honestly can’t see how anyone thinks he good enough. Thought we looked a lot more crisp when Hands was on.
Makatoa - Reserve grader.
Asi- garbage.

If Sivo is suspended there is no way I’m putting Dunster in. Simmo to wing, Harper centre.
Simmo may be in doubt himself. Hopefully he’s ok.

Quite a few tries down Sivo's side. Obviously overlap situations can't all be blamed on the winger, so what's the problem there... numbering up or lateral movement further in?

Is it down to Brown, Lane or Simonssen - as well as Sivo if he rushes up? The one where they scored on the other side a tackle after Sivo's big hit on Brimson was a worrying sign for our edge to edge defence too.

84 Baby

Referee
Interesting.
I have Foxtel so no problems.

I do however have Paramount+ to watch the A-League. It's amazing how many complaints I read elsewhere about their streaming service being shite, yet I've never ever had an issue with them.
Could it be the actual internet (NBN) service providers that are the problem, not the streaming providers?
Yeah I haven’t had problem with Paramount or streaming Foxtel but usually with Kayo I have to live with 5 minute delay. With the price rise I might just go back to Foxtel