What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's 2024 Trials Super Thread

Avenger

Immortal
I think you missed the first forty minutes because that was where the game was controlled and managed. The second half was scrappy but where a lot more changes were made around resting players.

I actually thought that our right edge defence looked a lot more composed when Harper came on as opposed to Simonsson as he has as much tendency to rush in as does Sivo which IMO explains the issues. Harper stayed where he needed to be.

Hands and Lussick need to play IMO.

I liked what I saw from Dunster. He looks fit and has regained some speed.

Left side attack is the stuff dreams are made of.

I also liked Ogden starting and Paulo coming off the bench.
Ogden was very much talked about when he was going through the grades at the Bulldogs. I think he has progressed well with us and I’d be extending him.

I thought we should try and get Kaufusi back but a mate of mine who is a huge Sharks fan reckons he has been a flop. Ogden is more bang for buck.

Harper is a better player than Simonsson. I hope he gets the spot but I reckon he will miss out.

Hopgood is someone who we should never let go. He should be our captain once the King calls it a day.

Gronk

Staff member
Harper is a better player than Simonsson. I hope he gets the spot but I reckon he will miss out.

Simonsson looks more creative. So my vote is with BS so far.

Happy for you young flyer to surpass both of them some time this year however.

Avenger

Immortal

I get your point. He is also faster but to me appears clumsy and a less intelligent player.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Ogden was very much talked about when he was going through the grades at the Bulldogs. I think he has progressed well with us and I’d be extending him.

I thought we should try and get Kaufusi back but a mate of mine who is a huge Sharks fan reckons he has been a flop. Ogden is more bang for buck.

Hopgood is someone who we should never let go. He should be our captain once the King calls it a day.
Kaufusi has had his fair share of head knocks as well.

I wouldn't go back there if he was going to turn into an elite front rower he would have at least been on the fringe of rep selection by now.

Not still on the bench.

Cloeel

Juniors

From what I have seen, Hopgood is a very well liked member of the squad.

However is he "Killer" enough for the captaincy?

One thing we have not had in a very long time is a genuine killer as a captain.

Storm had Cameron Smith
Panthers have Nathan Cleary

Our squad in general has lacked genuine killers for a very long time.

I actually think part of the reason Hodgson was brought in from Canberra was to have someone in the squad who did not tolerate losing and was a genuine killer in his prime - shame his body failed him.

The Colonel

Immortal

He may be more creative but he is a big part of the issues on the right hand side defence. Sivo plays his part however BS leaves him stranded too. I would rather have a centre who stays in his lane defensively more often than not opposed to someone who may be more creative but lets in tries as well. Harper sets his outside man up as well.

The Colonel

Immortal
My mind hasn't changed on those terrible white jerseys and never will.
Ddid anyone watch the Manly/Broncos trial? My understanding was that clubs should have two sets of jerseys so that they didn't clas with the opposition - our Blue and Gold jerseys have never clashed with anyone so I understand the frustration with the white - but the jerseys in that game made it very difficult to tell who was who. Never really known the Broncos to be Maroomn and White either.

The Colonel

Immortal
As long as he earns his return through reserve grade then I don't mind. He shouldn't come straight back in if Dunster or Simonsson (I would prefer Dunster) play really well.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Superman was great yesterday but I fear Sivos D is half supermans issue. That said Id have superman in the centres and Harper on Sivos wing to start the year.

Noise

Coach
As long as he earns his return through reserve grade then I don't mind. He shouldn't come straight back in if Dunster or Simonsson (I would prefer Dunster) play really well.
Dunster has lost all his speed. He can not be in first grade.

Gazzamatta

Coach
My two bobs worth.
I enjoyed the game. Footys back thank Buddah!
The boys started tough. Very tough. Cartys first hit set the scene. Jnr started how he should always play. Front on into the D and at full pelt. Best Ive seen in 2 seasons. That said he started to revert to the more recent efforts. Early days and maybe fatigue took over. A strong indication his minutes should be controlled.
Sivo charging into the line was great but old habbits quickly returned.
Carty MOTM. Hoppy was fantastic and I thought Hands was the best 9 on field. Showed his versatility as well. Must be in the 17.
Russell will be our best Rhino. Loving what he brings. Superman was very good but his combination with Sivo in D is a big worry.
Reg is our forwards leader. Great player.
Penisini started like he did last season but went off the boil. Hopefully we get great effort for longer. Mitch and Drown dangerous.
Bring on week one.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
My mind hasn't changed on those terrible white jerseys and never will.

They are shit we look like the Bulldogs and its deadset embarrassing.

How on earth people running the club think that looks anything like the Blue & Gold Parramatta Eels that we have been known for nearly 80 years are kidding themselves.
I can't believe there isn't a massive uproar over this. I am spewing chips over this. The gold jersey has always been my favoured of the 2 strip's, and now some dope in management who probably isn't even a eels supporter, has decided to get rid of it. Unbelievable.

Noise

Coach
So, you haven't watched either trial then?
I watched both. He's slow as. eg. watch him turn and chase after the second kick at around the 1 minute mark and then again his chase around the 2:58min mark.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
What Sivo’s suspension underlines is the lack of depth and cover in the backline, again how that has been neglected for years is crazy. Titans, Warriors, Cowboys and feels like every other team has decent speedy wingers behind say their first choice, not sure what recruitment was thinking .sure we lost Miller-Stephen and R Penisini to injury, just poor .

The Colonel

Immortal
I watched both. He's slow as. eg. watch him turn and chase after the second kick at around the 1 minute mark and then again his chase around the 2:58min mark.

Yeah, than I think you have preconceived notion based on last year. Sure, neither effort was good - bordering on being a bit lazy in the first - but neither were an indication of how fast or slow he is IMO. He carts the ball much better than Sivo, which isn't that hard and reads the defence a lot better.