What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's 2024 Trials Super Thread

Gronk

Staff member
I can't believe there isn't a massive uproar over this. I am spewing chips over this. The gold jersey has always been my favoured of the 2 strip's, and now some dope in management who probably isn't even a eels supporter, has decided to get rid of it. Unbelievable.
I don't give a flying f**k about jerseys. Never have.

84 Baby

Referee
edit ** FFS - didnt realise there was already an old thread updated.

Interesting comments from Eric Grothe (Snr) about Sivo coming in off the wing in defence.

View attachment 84548
I honestly thought people recognised this but it popped up again after weekend.
Sivo’s poor defence isn’t not staying on his wing, it’s disconnecting from his centre, and that’s not always a wingers fault. I suspect communication is the real failing

Delboy

First Grade
I honestly thought people recognised this but it popped up again after weekend.
Sivo’s poor defence isn’t not staying on his wing, it’s disconnecting from his centre, and that’s not always a wingers fault. I suspect communication is the real failing
With Jennings, Takarangi and Opacic inside him, there wasn’t a pile on regarding Sivo’s defence. Since Waqa and Simmonson have played left centre, then it’s highlighted. If the centre jams too far in, then basically the winger has to come in too. Not suggesting that Sivo couldn’t position himself better, but basically the centre determines the spacing and the slide.

Gronk

Staff member
With Jennings, Takarangi and Opacic inside him, there wasn’t a pile on regarding Sivo’s defence. Since Waqa and Simmonson have played left centre, then it’s highlighted. If the centre jams too far in, then basically the winger has to come in too. Not suggesting that Sivo couldn’t position himself better, but basically the centre determines the spacing and the slide.
So a bad centre makes a winger look shit ?

Slower.

Sivo is only slower between the ears.
I bet Blake Ferguson has something to say about that too.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I was pretty dirty on Sivo in the first try the titans scored, but the more i look at it, the more it seems like a complete system breakdown on that edge. Sivo didn't jam, he just got caught with his dick in his hand. Was Dylan caught at marker the play before?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Was Taka's defence that good.

Or was it the fact he arm-grabbed a lot and missed a lot of one on one tackles made him look worse then it was.

JokerEel

Coach
So a bad centre makes a winger look shit ?

I bet Blake Ferguson has something to say about that too.

Was it Simmonosons fault Sivo raced in and caught a cold on the weekend? To me it looked like Brown and Simmonoson were holding their positions.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I was pretty dirty on Sivo in the first try the titans scored, but the more i look at it, the more it seems like a complete system breakdown on that edge. Sivo didn't jam, he just got caught with his dick in his hand. Was Dylan caught at marker the play before?
No, it was Gutho at first marker. Titans then had an overlap right from the play the ball. Dylan identified it early and hared across behind, Sivo made a half arsed attempt at jamming and then Gutho arrived too late..

edit: that's not right either, it was 6 on 6. FFS. Up and in when we should have slid. Who makes that call? We were very flat footed.

Last edited:

Latest posts