What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's blog

carson

Juniors
The reason the crowd was down was because everyone lost all their money on Roman Emperor and couldn't afford to go!!

Gronk

Staff member
Farewell Finchy - you will be missed

It’s official, Brett Finch has gone to Melbourne and it’s hard to know what to say, except I hope it works out for Finchy down there.
It’s the nature of the business we are in that players come and go as they search for the best deal available or a place where they are wanted and as far as I know what Brett has said about not being in Daniel Anderson’s plans fits the bill.
Brett left on reasonably good terms and the club should be proud it has done the right thing by Finchy by allowing him to join another NRL club.
There is no doubt Finchy had become a part of the woodwork at the club in his time here and I’m sad to see my mate go, but I’ll be making sure I always get his horseracing tips and stay in touch.
Finchy I hope you’re reading this mate, because I will be running at you when we take on the Storm!
Backtracking to horse racing and I’m hoping plenty of fans check the Herald, because I was celebrity tipster last week and picked Roman Emperor to win the AJC Derby, which continued on from my hot form of tipping Vision and Power to win The George Ryder.
With the Doncaster on this weekend I am looking at Black Piranha early, though I haven’t had much of chance to do the form yet.
After last weekend’s loss to the Dragons I’m beginning to get frustrated at our inability to score points. We’re defending well enough, but just can’t get it done with the ball. We need to rectify that now.
Someone said to me it was an improved performance last week, but that doesn’t get you two points and it doesn’t make the loss any better, it’s still a loss.
This week there have been changes galore to the side as we go looking for a solution. Jarryd Hayne is back to the centres, Joel Reddy returns, Feleti Mateo is at five eighth, Ben Smith’s into the pack again and I’m at lock.
I reckon it’s a gee up from Ando. He knows I have specially made white boots ready to go with number 11 on them, he just doesn’t want me to shine. I also asked him if being lock allows me to become more of a ball player and was met with a resounding ‘no’!
It’s probably a good thing as I’m currently struggling with a wrist injury.
I think switching Feleti back into the number 6 could be a good move. But I also think Feleti is feeling the pressure which is dumped on him to create something as evidenced by last Friday night, when he was trying to conjure up passes in very greasy conditions.
Things should be better with dry conditions this Sunday for his style of play and I hope it works out against the Bulldogs.
The Dogs are playing very well at the moment and are a very different side to the one who snatched the spoon from the Cowboys last year. They have a great mix of players and are playing very well.
My personal try-scoring battle with Andrew ‘Bobcat’ Ryan is on again, as we go head to head. Unfortunately for me Bobcat is off to a flyer with a three – nil lead. Shows what you can do when you don’t spend the entire game defending.
If he does score, look for me to slap him around Issac Luke style and get a reaction, which will then provoke Michael Ennis to get involved.
Speaking of Mick Ennis it seems he has been dubbed a “pest” by some commentators of the game. I wouldn’t disagree with that. He’s a good footballer but he’s even better when it comes to getting under your skin, he just yaps away and niggles all game. He and my former teammate PJ Marsh are champions at it. You must have to be a hooker to be good at the caper.
Looking at the Bulldogs side, one man who has impressed me all year is David Stagg. He was always very good at the Broncos but with a leadership role at the Bulldogs he looks even better. I think he is revelling in his current role.
Back on the home front there is good news with Rowdy out of hospital. The little fella is feeling better and his brothers Archie and Buster loved Easter, especially Buster who has got a pimple from his chocolate intake.
I’ll be taking the kids to the Easter Show this week and straight to the farmyard animals. They love them all, especially the cows and I get a kick out of some of the city slickers wondering what animal is what.
I’m feeling confident about this weekend.
Hindy

Gronk

Staff member
Hi

hello everyone. i hope you had a great christmas and new years and are looking forward to a brand new footy season. sorry it’s taken me so long to post something new, i was a bit lazy during the off season. during my break i managed to sneak in an opp on my wrist. i got married. honeymooned in bali, and put on about 5 kg of fat.
thumb_20100113-014107-11-249x187.jpg

The Colonel

Immortal
thumb.20100127-164124-1.jpg

My wrist

this is what’s left after 8 weeks in plaster and 2 wires being removed.
sent from my iphone on the telstra next g network

http://nathanhindmarsh.beinvolved.com.au/2010/01/27/my-wrist/

<H3 class=storytitle>Tattoo
i bumped into a parra fan inside the new eels shop and he showed me what i think is the worlds best tattoo.
sent from my iphone on the telstra next g network

thumb.20100127-163700-1.jpg
</H3>
http://nathanhindmarsh.beinvolved.com.au/2010/01/27/tattoo/
http://nathanhindmarsh.beinvolved.com.au/wp-photos/nathanhindmarsh/thumb.20100127-163700-1.jpg

Hellsy

Immortal
Gee... that Hindy tattoo looks a bit bodge IMO...... sorry if it belongs to someone in here....

Nikki

Coach
Seriously sh*t tatt.. Sorry! Cant believe he likes that one, but wouldnt go along with the one I wanted done :lol:

strider

Post Whore
Hindy was on triplem this morning .... only real comment about the footy was along the lines of - (about being $6 favs for the premiership) "we are slow starters, I'd wait and get on us mid-season when we go out to about $11" ... :lol: :lol: - great show of confidence Hindy!

eels_fan

First Grade
Hindy was on triplem this morning .... only real comment about the footy was along the lines of - (about being $6 favs for the premiership) "we are slow starters, I'd wait and get on us mid-season when we go out to about $11" ... :lol: :lol: - great show of confidence Hindy!

Thats the exact reason i havent put any money on us yet

I can barely remember 2-3 times in the last 10 years where we have won more than 5 out of our first 10 games..

Latest posts