What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

The club are still trying to offload O'Hara and Hodgson
Fitzy and Galea is pretty much done
We are having a massive dig at Lewis and Rooney
Roycie's Penrith connections coming to the fore again

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Why are they trying to offload Hodgson when we don't have a proper half to do all his work in attack?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lewis played at 5/8 in 2 games this season I think.

join the dots

Vicious

Bench
themanonthehill said:
The club are still trying to offload O'Hara and Hodgson
Fitzy and Galea is pretty much done
We are having a massive dig at Lewis and Rooney
Roycie's Penrith connections coming to the fore again

I told you this 2 weeks ago. It`s common knowledge that we can`t sustain the suspect defence of both Hodgo and Benji. Benji has no future defending in the front line and since it`s also now proven that he`s suspect defending on the wing, the only option is to play him fullback.
Penrith are considering releasing Rooney as he`s on big money for a winger and will only release him if we pay his full wage of up around the $170,000-$180,000 per season mark, whilst they won`t be releasing Luke Lewis for next season !!!
In saying this, the Panthers don`t want Luke Priddis and are desperate for a hooker, i reckon they could be tempted into releasing Luke Lewis if we offered releasing Stu Flanagan in exchange ??? Luke Lewis is a very good centre and a centre only, the Panthers will ruin him by planning to play him 5/8 or lock.

steven_tiger

Juniors
While I rate Flanno big time, I think that would be a good swap.

Flanno for Lewis, and we nab Rooney as well.

1. Gallant/Lawrence (or Lawrence on the bench)
2. Rooney
3. Collis
4. Lewis
5. Tuiaki

6. Marshall
7. ???

If one considers we were paying Fitzy in the region of 140k a yr I'd gladly pay the extra for Rooney. Solid defender and whilst not ofblistering pace can get the ball over the line. Experienced and still pretty young (25ish or so). Fullback is where MArshall is going to have to play at least until he has a 2 or 3 year injury free run

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd be more inclined to go with

1. Gallant
2. Rooney
3. Collis
4. Lewis
5. Lawrence

and have Tuiaki playing at Lock with Harrison starting in the forwards as well.

I'd go with

1. Hanbury/Hodgson
2. Rooney
3. Collis
4. Lewis
5. Lawrence

Hanbury has played some 5/8 in his life so I guess he could play like as a half in attack.

gr8_1

Juniors
Unless he signed in the past week then Gallant remains un-signed for 2008. Hasn't received any offers.

Vicious

Bench
steven_tiger said:
While I rate Flanno big time, I think that would be a good swap.

Flanno for Lewis, and we nab Rooney as well.

1. Gallant/Lawrence (or Lawrence on the bench)
2. Rooney
3. Collis
4. Lewis
5. Tuiaki

6. Marshall
7. ???

I reckon good wheeling and dealing could possibly organise to swap either John Morris or Stuart Flanagan to the Raiders for Michael Dobson and also swap either John Morris or Stuart Flanagan and try throwing Ryan O`Hara into the deal for the Panthers to exchange Luke Rooney and Luke Lewis.

1.Benji Marshall
2.Chris Lawrence
3.Dean Collis
4.Luke Lewis
5.Luke Rooney
6.Daniel Holdsworth (a short term fix mainly for his kicking game and solid defence)
7.Michael Dobson

The only drawback to all of this is we have Ronald, Tom and Sizzler doing the wheeler dealing. They are more likely to swap TNT for Colin Best, Benji Marshall for David Howell and Robbie Farah for Mark O'Halloran.

Vicious

Bench
themanonthehill said:
The only drawback to all of this is we have Ronald, Tom and Sizzler doing the wheeler dealing. They are more likely to swap TNT for Colin Best, Benji Marshall for David Howell and Robbie Farah for Mark O'Halloran.

LOL...........I`d take David Howell as a back up player. He`s big,strong and fast, has trouble catching and tackling at times, but not a bad winger or occasional centre, he`d certainly keep a bit of pressure on our starters. Same with Nick Youngquest.

Chopsy brought up Nick Youngquest before the Newcastle game during one of our chats. Guess we could do worse and fits a few boxes. Cheap, played for Penrith. Looked like Daryl Halligan when he kicked against us then at other times kicked like Tim Brasher

Estoboy

Juniors
themanonthehill said:
If one considers we were paying Fitzy in the region of 140k a yr
nope, less. a lot let

you forget that we are only spending $1.4million of our $4.0million cap
the rest gets spent on remixes of "put your hands up for detroit"
if hodgo leaves, we can knock it down to $1.1million and spend the extra cash on
building a giant Lui Gong sign that will take up the whole hill at Leichhardt.

Remember, "what do Proton Cars and Wests Tigers have in common?"

Ninja

Juniors
themanonthehill said:
Chopsy brought up Nick Youngquest before the Newcastle game during one of our chats. Guess we could do worse and fits a few boxes. Cheap, played for Penrith. Looked like Daryl Halligan when he kicked against us then at other times kicked like Tim Brasher

I rate Youngquest. Love to see him in a Tig jersey.

He's big, strong, fast, and a good goalkicker. Four attributes that no one in our current team posesses

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
themanonthehill said:
TNT, Benji and Farah for Craig Fitzgibbon would be more accurate