What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hodges, Wants to be a Bronco. pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nqboy

First Grade
Roosterphin said:
Sounds like just another Rooster bashing thread if you ask me.

...the problem being? :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously though, Hodges is one talented player. We'll have him up here, he'd fill out our backline nicely, adding speed and penetration, and allowing Bear to move into the backrow.

I don't think the story was made up but I'm sure Gilla posted it with a smile on his face.

You guys lead us to believe everything is rock solid at the Roosters. Maybe it isn't.

Parki

Bench
Im gonna go off on a bit of a tangent from my regular rooster bashing with this....

Now as you all know I despise the roosters more than anything, but come on guys if the guy is suffering and clearly isnt happy, then why kick a man when hes down? Hodges is the best centre in the game, and if were not careful we could lose him to union or god knows where else..... The bloke needs to know that we support him no matter what club hes at, just as long as he doesent turn around like sellout walker and say he has depression then its magically cured 48 hours later, then i wont mind. Id rather see him in the game happy and playing well than miserable and upset while people rip into him. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until he sorts out what he wants to do.

innsaneink

Referee
The Roosters became concerned over Hodges last Friday, when he failed to show up for a regulation training session. The club has tried to contact him since but he has yet to reply to the calls, including those from coach Ricky Stuart.

While the Roosters are angry that Hodges has not sought leave from training and rejected their attempts to contact him, they are maintaining a supportive stance.

"Justin has been given two weeks off from training for personal reasons," Stuart told the Herald last night. "He has been having a difficult time of late and we will do anything we can to try and help him out.

HAHAHA....Hodges takes off on his own accord, telling no-one and without permission, ignores directives from club and coach.
And Stuarts saying he's "been given" two weeks off ????
Sounds to me like Hodges given himself a fortnight off! :lol: :lol: :lol:

axl rose

Bench
innsaneink said:
The Roosters became concerned over Hodges last Friday, when he failed to show up for a regulation training session. The club has tried to contact him since but he has yet to reply to the calls, including those from coach Ricky Stuart.

While the Roosters are angry that Hodges has not sought leave from training and rejected their attempts to contact him, they are maintaining a supportive stance.

"Justin has been given two weeks off from training for personal reasons," Stuart told the Herald last night. "He has been having a difficult time of late and we will do anything we can to try and help him out.

HAHAHA....Hodges takes off on his own accord, telling no-one and without permission, ignores directives from club and coach.
And Stuarts saying he's "been given" two weeks off ????
Sounds to me like Hodges given himself a fortnight off! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes that was very generous of Ricky to give him some time off after he had already gone anyway! :lol: Is Ricky still in charge or is it Gould these days? well anyway instead of trying to scout every player in the Universe they should concentrate on keeping their own players happy. Yes this is turning into a Roosters bashing thread and its great :)

Kiwi

First Grade
I think it's stupid to assume anything at this stage. If Hodges seeks a release from the Roosters, and gets it he'll have to sign for ckicken feed ( no pun intended ) to play for the Broncos. If he doesn't get a release, will he just reitre? play for the reds in union? Just not turn up at Roosters training till they sack him? Turn up but not put in till they sack him ect. There are too many variables to comment, and who knows this might just be a beat up.

Kaz

junior
Give Hodges & the Roosters a break.

I am getting sick of all the Rooster bashing threads.

Hodges has got troubles, he has for quite some time.

ozzie

Bench
Big Panther Cool said:
Roosterphin said:
The response to this is pathetic and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

the blokes having a tough time. Didnt hear no hanky jokes about Lance Thompson who was also in the same position. No, nothing but sympathy for poor Lance.

get a life you blokes and get over your anti Rooster hatred.

But Lance Thompson hasn't gone AWOL from his club now hasn't he??

Herein lies the difference.

The sydney rooster implosion begins..............

excuse me - but wasn't ST George pissed because he didn't turn up to training!!! Oh thats right - they just said no problems Lance be a nice guy - come back when you want...geez thank god someone reads the papers otherwise you'd believe this idiot!!

ozzie

Bench
DaleyIsGod said:
He was probably a real arrogant jerk to his lady, and didn't know how to treat her right. So he got dumped. A lesson is learnt.

and no doubt you know everything - how pathetic are you really???

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think this is a problem that the Roosters are going to come up against again, unlckily for them. Playing for the glamour club in the trendy suburbs is all well and good when you're on form, gaining rep honours, and dating the model girlfriend, but when you get injured and the girl leaves, the lack of close mates and family starts to tell, especially if you're from out of town, and more often than not the player will want to return home.

fish

Juniors
Look at the bright side,the roosters won't need that cap increase now if the release hodges.All is well and good now.

Hodgo wouldnt of contacted the Broncos they wouldve got on to him should i remind past disgruntled people for example?Mundine,Tallis,Kelly to name a few he is the x-factor in any team.The broncos are cunning they would sweat on his emotions.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Roosters Grim Reaper said:
Hodgo wouldnt of contacted the Broncos they wouldve got on to him should i remind past disgruntled people for example?Mundine,Tallis,Kelly to name a few he is the x-factor in any team.The broncos are cunning they would sweat on his emotions.
I doubt that, seeing as the Broncos have already stated that they can't afford him.

Kaz

junior
Roosters Grim Reaper said:

Well I can't see the Broncos calling him, seeing as they sacked him from all grades of football when he signed with the Roosters.

BTW: Hodges was troubled before he left the Broncos.

Vas Deferens

Juniors
The Roosters couldn't afford Walker either remember...

Though I doubt that Roosters management will take it up the jacksey like Souths did with Walkout. Brisbane are unlikely to get any largesse from Bondi Junction.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Vas Deferens said:

Though I doubt that Roosters management will take it up the jacksey like Souths did with Walkout. Brisbane are unlikely to get any largesse from Bondi Junction.

I was told 2 weeks ago about this but the source i got this from, has never had any info. He told me that Bennett told Mr hodges to go and jump in the lake..
To put it mildly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ozzie

Bench
Stgillaman said:
Vas Deferens said:

I was told 2 weeks ago about this but the source i got this from, has never had any info. He told me that Bennett told Mr hodges to go and jump in the lake..
To put it mildly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

must be great to follow a club that has spent millions in the past years - joint ventures etc - and be so hopeless

ozzie

Bench
SpaceMonkey said:
I think this is a problem that the Roosters are going to come up against again, unlckily for them. Playing for the glamour club in the trendy suburbs is all well and good when you're on form, gaining rep honours, and dating the model girlfriend, but when you get injured and the girl leaves, the lack of close mates and family starts to tell, especially if you're from out of town, and more often than not the player will want to return home.

your right - since most NRL clubs are made up of juniors ( :lol: :lol: ) we are going to be the only club that suffers this problem...oh dear - what we need to do is send him back to Brisbane - yep the club that sacked him when he got signed by another club..

The problem is guys and gals we loose sight of our past....what happenned when you had your first arguement with a girl and split up at the age of 21...oh I forgot most of the posters probably aren't 21...

Well I know I throw a big temper tantrum and finished up hitchhicking Australia....

If anyone of you here can say you didn't feel pain and didn't either get on the booze, or wanted to kill the little lady involved well you are liars...those who say no..well you din't like them much to start with.

It doesn't matter about mates - what are you going to do?? your full of anger and all you want to do is split...

antonius

Coach
While ever Wayne Bennett rules at the Broncettes, Hodges is no chance of getting back there, that is a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts