What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hohaia and 2006 halves

ledzep

Bench
How's Lance been going at hooker, and what do you think the halves will be for next year?

(Sorry if there are already threads like this)

NZ Warrior

First Grade
It looks highly likely that Hohaia will retain the #9 jersey next year. Fien will move to halfback and unfortunately Ropati will be the stand off.

Iafeta

Referee
I beg to differ NZW.

I think Hohaia will go to #7, Ropati will stay in the centres and either Latu or an import will play hooker. Hohaia's two best positions are hooker and halfback, I can't believe its taken us so many years to figure it out that he's not a five eighth, but a very good half/hooking option.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Hey, I'm just being realistic, Iafeta. Hohaia's found a rich vein of form since he shifted to Hooker. I would love to see your proposed combination and I would dearly love to see Ropati stay out of the #6 jersey for a couple of years.

I guess we'll have to either wait and see next year or find someone who can get into Tony Kemp's mind.

mahanga

Juniors
Next season will be a huge one for Lance.Scrum half for the Warriors and perhaps also for the Kiwis?

I'd leave Fien at Standoff.His kicking game is great and also his ability to read the game.

THE MINGSTER

Juniors
What's with NZ Warriors' dislike of Ropati at standoff? Quite confusing really. Ropati has always played well in the 6 jersey and is a definite option there next year.

I would have Ropati at 6, Fien at halfback, and leave Hohaia in the 9 jersey.

Southern Warrio

Juniors
If Ropatis moves to stand off, It means that Byrne can go into the centres. Which will enable us to have Meli and Vatuvei on the wings.

Iafeta

Referee
Off topic slightly, does anyone else think moving Hohaia to hooker and Ropati to centre, and stopping their competition for #6 has been a master stroke? Personally I reckon both are in near career best form.

da mad maori

Juniors
"The Word"
Hohaia = 9
Fien = 7
Ropati = 6
Centres.= Mannering, Toopi, Martin [gk]
Thats the setup planned for 06. Then the utility's are moulded around that. Excluding Latu, who is an out an out hooker.

Scott

Bench
I agree with Iafeta, both Lance and Jerome are playing very good consistent footy at the moment. Well done Tony Kemp on this I say.

mahanga

Juniors
With no disrespect to Fien,In my opinion the Warriors really should'nt have an "import" as a scrum half when Stacey steps down at the end of the season.

My preference is for a long term "homegrown" one.

If Latu spends more time on the paddock,settle down and play football,by the end of 05.the 9 jersey could be his.I'd leave Luis in the second row where he combines so well with Koopu and Faumuina at lock.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
THE MINGSTER said:
What's with NZ Warriors' dislike of Ropati at standoff? Quite confusing really. Ropati has always played well in the 6 jersey and is a definite option there next year.

I would have Ropati at 6, Fien at halfback, and leave Hohaia in the 9 jersey.

It's as simple as this, Mingster. Jerome Ropati isn't a stand off's arsehole. He hasn't played well in the #6 jersey. We keep on getting the same unforced handling errors and most of the tries he has scored have been opportunist. I genuinely feel that the Warriors need a 5/8 who has a decent kicking game and it's going to be even more necessary when Jones leaves. Jerome just doesn't have it.

But, to his credit, he has been playing very well at centre. His running game is really bothering the opposition. So I say, keep the little son of a bitch there, he's going great.

Scott

Bench
Ropati WILL be a 5/8th in the future, possibly next year. He ISN'T at the moment. He is playing great at right centre. Leave him there for the remainder of the season.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Skinner said:
Just ignore NZ WARRIOR, he's trying to get a bite out of me.....

Skinner

How full of yourself, are you???

Me not liking Ropati in the #6 jersey has absolutely f**k all to do with you!!! If I was to name the Top 100 reasons "Why NZ Warrior thinks Ropati playing at Stand Off is the sh*ttiest idea ever." The name Skinner wouldn't even get a mention.

Put that bottle of Power back in the lower draw and take a f**king walk, I can smell it on your breath.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Oh that's good, can I write that one down???

Now, are you saying "Yeah, right" to...
a) You're full of yourself
b) Ropati is a sh*t stand off
c) You get drunk with power
d) You're a f**king idiot

???