What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hohaia stars on debut

Micistm

Bench
agree, pretty disappointing really.

VERY disappointing. I can handle losing, as long as there is effort and pride. I always hear about this 'what the jersey means', and the 'pride' and so on...there was **** all of it last year. Don't care that there was a few out- Play like you mean it. If you aren't interested, go under a different name, not the Kiwis. 'World Champions' should not rest on laurels, and should give their all to show why they are champs. You don't have to win, you just have to turn up. Not get grumpy cos the other team isn't lying down for you and pulling out the cheap shots.:x

It was depressing.

Anyway the point is Hohaia carving up in the halves is pretty much lol considering he failed to cement a spot there in his 10 years at the Warriors.

what ever

Juniors
Two rounds for Super League for Lance, and both of them as full back. Not what he was hoping for even though he gets to wear the number 6. I wonder if thats were he will remain for St Helens?

Oh yeah and talking about the game - hard luck for Moon. That must be hard for Joel only just starting to play again after his leg and now a broken hand, not good. Chin up Joel you will be back!!

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
I thought Moon left the Warriors because he wanted to be a stand-off not a centre. Didn't have too bad a game though.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Just goes to show that their comp is so f*ckin lame.
You are aware that the match reported in the OP was a pre-season trial against a team that had played the last 7 years in the division below, right?
Two rounds for Super League for Lance, and both of them as full back. Not what he was hoping for even though he gets to wear the number 6. I wonder if thats were he will remain for St Helens?
No, once Wellens returns from injury he will probably be a bench utility.

Last edited:

Didgi

You are aware that the match reported in the OP was a pre-season trial against a team that had played the last 7 years in the division below, right?

No, once Wellens returns from injury he will probably be a bench utility.

I don't think he's aware of much at all tbh.

And yep, off to the bench for Lance - the way Gaskell and Lomax (throw in Wheeler too) are playing means he shouldn't be getting a start in the halves, and he'll never replace Roby. If I had my way Makinson would've gotten his chance from the beginning, with Ashe as a replacement if needed. I said it at the time and I'll say it now, Hohaia was an unneeded signing - he'll bring things to the team, no doubt, but clueless kiwis calling him a superstar and the ESL crap because of it is insane.

Latest posts