What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hold your head up *spoiler*

haynenation

Juniors
hold your head up dragons fans.

its not easy to defend a title and you gave everything tonight and have played ur part in 2011.

cheers

HowHigh

Coach
Going into the game I wasn't really expecting us to win, I just wanted a solid effort and thats exactly what we gave. Was an awesome game and unfortunately for us the better team on the day won.
Congrats to the broncos and hopefully Lockyer will be fit to play next week..

Rodent

Bench
Went down fighting that's all you can ask for as a fan. Sants fans should be proud
Exactly. I'm a Saints fan and am very proud of them. If we hadn't won it last year I'd be gutted. You can't win 'em all and it's easier to be philosophical when you're no longer in a premiership drought.
We didn't execute as well as we needed to but what you want as a fan is ticker and they showed they have plenty.
Good luck to the remaining teams.

user_nat

Coach
Dragons goal line defense was amazing. Even though they had no quality possession in the first half they remained level headed and kept playing smart football. Lots of teams would have started playing low percentage stuff and probably made things worse for themselves.

Pretty disappointed how easily we conceded on our goal line though. However, our defense was pretty good elsewhere.

smacky

Juniors
Congrats Broncos, just kept hammering away at us in that first half, but so proud we were able to push it to golden point, cant be disappointed in that effort.

Raider_69

Post Whore
They've been dead ordinary since the dugan try... but they'd have beaten a lot of teams tonight, a gutsy effort, just not good enough on the day

repeating is much harder the initial win

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Just a great game of Rugby League. Truly one for the ages. Cannot begrudge Brisbane anything - they put in an awesome performance.

But Saints - wow. Went down swinging in the gutsiest performance I have ever seen. Morris taking that high ball with a broken leg. The last minute try. The conversion.

Geez. As a fan you just want to go away from any game knowing that your team made the opposition earn it and we did that tonight in a massive way. Thats what Saints have been about under Bennett and long may it continue.

I am so proud of the way they fought to the bitter end. And to the victors, again - wow. Deserved to win. Came up with big plays. In fact both teams did.

I'm spent. That was just a breathtaking game of Rugby League.

Thankyou WB and thanks to Saints players for an era that will always be fondly cherished by myself and many others. Bring on 2012 and good luck Brisbane.

Gmac

Juniors
Wow what a fantastic game. Both those teams are tens time better than what was on display last night. Amazing game from St George. I think any other side would of lost by 20 tonight.
I hope the dragon supporters ignore the chocker jibes and be proud of their team.

kurt faulk

Coach

i couldn't believe how well the broncos played for so long. for saints even to take it to extra time was a gigantic effort. and to come so close to tying the game and then have the try taken away only to come back again to score to tie the scores showed true heart by the saints. too bad they threw it away by kicking it on the 4th tackle in extra time.

they gave it their best and that's all you can ask for. the better team won on the day.

nrlnrl

First Grade
As a proud Dragons fan I appreciate all the true footy fans who are being sensible with comments. Good to read the positive feedback after a memorable game. If I was in the pub, one of these heading your way ! :b:

thommo4pm

Coach
Couldn't be prouder of that effort tonight.

And nice work by the other teams supporters in this thread, good to see most people can recognise a high qualty game fo footy when they see it.
That was an amazing game, which was worthy of being a Grand Final.

HowHigh

Coach
Couldn't be prouder of that effort tonight.

And nice work by the other teams supporters in this thread, good to see most people can recognise a high qualty game fo footy when they see it.
That was an amazing game, which was worthy of being a Grand Final.
Yeah aye, credit to some people on here for that, didn't think they had it in them lol

Raider_69

Post Whore
Must say, ive been a long time critic of Morris, granted its been rep level wise, not club level where i think he's one of the best in the game but to take that high ball on a suspected broken leg. Remarkable.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Just a great game of Rugby League. Truly one for the ages. Cannot begrudge Brisbane anything - they put in an awesome performance.

But Saints - wow. Went down swinging in the gutsiest performance I have ever seen. Morris taking that high ball with a broken leg. The last minute try. The conversion.

Geez. As a fan you just want to go away from any game knowing that your team made the opposition earn it and we did that tonight in a massive way. Thats what Saints have been about under Bennett and long may it continue.

I am so proud of the way they fought to the bitter end. And to the victors, again - wow. Deserved to win. Came up with big plays. In fact both teams did.

I'm spent. That was just a breathtaking game of Rugby League.

Thankyou WB and thanks to Saints players for an era that will always be fondly cherished by myself and many others. Bring on 2012 and good luck Brisbane.

Well said Ronnie

Latest posts