What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#Home-ground dilemma as Eels look to move Nathn Hindmarsh's farewell to ANZ Stadium

Whatever he wants..........and he will probably say Parra Stadium.

The only reason I would support it going to ANZ if they schedule it on a Sunday afternoon - that is why it works for the Dogs. If you have it on a Saturday or Friday night, reduce the numbers by half.

strider

Post Whore
true - we should be pushing the NRL (and channel 9) to ensure it is the sunday afternoon game irrespective of where it's played

and 9 should recognise the ratings they'll get from it too

Eels Dude

Coach
It was. The club requested that the last round be a home game before the draw was done. I would make sure it was Hindy's decision where he has his last game. The board should simply ask him where he wants it to be and make it happen.

If they knew before the draw was done that round 26 would be Hindy's last game they couldn't have been too confident about us making the finals this year.

Parra Pride

Referee
You know what, I don't think the NRL will let us play Hindy's last game at Parra.

#ParraStadiumIsABitSmallToHostTheGrandFinal

strider

Post Whore
If they knew before the draw was done that round 26 would be Hindy's last game they couldn't have been too confident about us making the finals this year.

its not about finals - every club celebrates a departing legend their last home game of the regular season irrespective of making the finals or not

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The best thing about your last game is you don't have to worry about going on report for anything. You can run around swinging at heads like a mad merkin.

Eels Dude

Coach
true - we should be pushing the NRL (and channel 9) to ensure it is the sunday afternoon game irrespective of where it's played

and 9 should recognise the ratings they'll get from it too

If we're still towards the bottom of the table I can't see Channel 9 picking us for a televised game in the final round when finals spots are up for grabs.

strider

Post Whore
If we're still towards the bottom of the table I can't see Channel 9 picking us for a televised game in the final round when finals spots are up for grabs.

the sunday arvo game isn't the top game of the round or anything (I think its usually the 4th picked game by 9 and fox) - its just about ratings - parra and hindy would rate ..... if not the 9 game, then it should be the 2pm game on sunday

strider

Post Whore
The best thing about your last game is you don't have to worry about going on report for anything. You can run around swinging at heads like a mad merkin.

what a shame we aren't plaing the dogs - hindy could have had a field day on ennis :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
its not about finals - every club celebrates a departing legend their last home game of the regular season irrespective of making the finals or not

I know. It was a tongue in cheek comment to Tony's suggestion that they asked to make sure it would be the LAST round of the regular season we'd have a home game. It wouldn't have mattered whether our last home game be round 26, 25, or 24... It would still be honoured the same. El Masri's last home game wasn't in round 26 of the regular season it was round 25.

Eels Dude

Coach
the sunday arvo game isn't the top game of the round or anything (I think its usually the 4th picked game by 9 and fox) - its just about ratings - parra and hindy would rate ..... if not the 9 game, then it should be the 2pm game on sunday

You're correct it's the 5th chosen game actually. But even then when so many finals spots, or even order of positions, are decided in the final round, they would be leaning towards a more important match. It should be on a Sunday regardless though so hopefully the club have requested this, ANZ would get a great crowd for the day.

natheel

Coach
We could farewell him from Brisbane the stadium would still be packed! He deserves as many people there as possible

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Move it to ANZ. Otherwise when Parra Stadium sells out and people miss out on tickets, no sooking about how they should have moved it to a bigger stadium.

Parra play the Roosters in Rd 23 at Parramatta. Make this game his farewell to Parramatta Stadium where all the Parra fans can say thanks. Rd 26 at ANZ can be were all NRL fans can come and say goodbye to Hindy.

( BTW - we play at ANZ Stadium in Rd 25 against South Sydney, but it is a Bunnies home game)

Gronk

Staff member
NATHAN Hindmarsh will decide where he plays his last game.
Eels officials have held talks about shifting their final home game from Parramatta Stadium to ANZ Stadium to allow as many fans as possible to farewell one of the game's most popular figures. The swap will allow approximately 30,000 extra spectators to witness the event, which would initially cost the club $100,000. Eels boss Bob Bentley said Hindmarsh would make the final call.
''We have an agreement with Parramatta Stadium that if we shift a game the exit fee is $100,000,'' Bentley said. ''Possibly the last game is on the move but the rider is that the decision is Hindy's. It's 100 per cent his decision and he's giving that some thought. Because of who he is, his stature in the game and what he's done for the club, we feel the decision should be his and not the club's.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ewell-venue-20120609-202pa.html#ixzz1xKWg8gwi

Latest posts