What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honestly, which of these players are of a first grade standards...?

jayjayselmes

Juniors
yeah Inu has been hopless he is deadset a terrible defensive center. Bring Ben Smith back ASAP. atleast he can tackle

Burt has played better than Hayne. Not once has Burt ever put his head down and run off to have a sook.

Such actions are Hayne's staple.

salvy71

Juniors
yeah Inu has been hopless he is deadset a terrible defensive center. Bring Ben Smith back ASAP. atleast he can tackle

I've always thought of Inu as a winger more than a centre although he just hasn't seemed the same this season after that injury ...then again neither has most of the team .

Neither are the best, nor the worst. It's just that Hayne is a petulant little sook who can't stand the heat. He has talent, but not the heart to make it shine during tough times. He's a smug little crybaby who chucks a tantrum when the world isn't handed to him on a silver platter.

I mean, one single good game in an entire season after holding the Club to ransom for a massive contract....Yep, he's exactly what we need.

ParraAds

Juniors
The best thing about these forums is that it gives people a chance to share their opinions, and I thank you for yours HJ.

You make some interesting comments regarding Hayne. I don't necessarily agree with them, but I will concede that his on field attitude in terms of body language could be improved.

I think this is just a reflection of personality more than anything, and it by no means makes him unable to 'stand the heat'. I feel that he usually performs better in the bigger games when we really need someone to put their hand up.

_goParra

Juniors
In this last 3-4 years players like SBW, Greg Inglis, Israel Falou, Benji Marshall, Hayne, Inu etc have signed contracts worth upwards of $350K.

Most of the above players were into their second or third season of playing first grade when they sign the said contracts. Sure they are all talented, but as Benji and Sonny have shown your body has to cope as well. Are we paying these players too much based only on potential.
Also compare them to someone like Hindy who had to earn his right to be the highest paid player at Parra and these young players get almost as much in their second season.

Under the salary cap the highest paid player at any club earns around 500 - 550K, so if these players earn 350K++ so early in their careers there wont be much room to move when the current contracts are up for renewal, hence they make have to look at UK or switching codes at the age 24-25 and are lost to our game. There could be a lot of SBW style switches in the next couple of years.

So my question is, are we shooting ourselves in the foot by playing too much for these potential superstars too soon only based on potential than proven track record.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it's an interesting school of thought gp, with everything supply and demand does tend to come into effect here and clubs like ours are very much forced to pay premium doller on potential based on the offers they recieve else where.

Parra

Referee
When Hayne is hot he is a great footballer. When he cold he is diabolical. Not good traits for a fullback.

Burt is consistent and solid. He seemed to play better when he was shifted to the wing this year.

I hope they persist with Hayne at fullback and Burt on the wing - just have to get Hayne to be more consistent.

it's an interesting school of thought gp, with everything supply and demand does tend to come into effect here and clubs like ours are very much forced to pay premium doller on potential based on the offers they recieve else where.
i agree stags tony williams is the perfect example if other clubs are paying overs for rookies what chance do we have of keeping them especially if they know they won't get a run in first grade unless the underperforming git above them gets injured

COACH STERLING

Juniors

It's good to see you've done some microeconomic studies stagger. I tend to agree with the demand and supply factor.

ROGUE

Juniors
i reckon it's plain to see that peoples perceptions of KK being our answer as a 5/8 or half in the future was being a tad optimistic.Average 1st grader to say the least or even perhaps a steve witt mark 2

Kornstar

Coach
Mitchell can't even consistently feature in NYC....so I doubt it. Keating has been very solid, and like most has suffered under a sh*t coach and in a side that's struggled all year.

Um, Mitchell has played every game this year and has been outstanding in the second half of the season and he and Gardiner can be thanked for the season turn around.

Both of them have shown individual brilliance to win games in the last 7 weeks!!!!

I'm not sure what games you are watching if you think he has been poor!!

Swiftstylez

Bench
What do people reckon about putting both Hayne and Inu on the wing?

Actually on second thoughts, I'd only want to do that if Burt could show he is better than Hayne at fullback again.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Really besides Mateo and Hindy most player's all season have not done themselves justice. Everyone loves to give it to Hayne and fair enough his form this season bar a few games has been below what we expect. But what about INU???? I really think he has been awfully dissapointing. I know he had a bad injury to get over but gee he's been very ordinary. But the silence is deafening..........

Latest posts