What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honestly, which of these players are of a first grade standards...?

Fitz

Juniors
Heres the team from tonight....The ones in bold are the ones I believe are of a first grade standard

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Jarryd HAYNE - not on current form

2 Luke BURT
3 Taulima TAUTAI
4 Krisnan INU
5 Tony WILLIAMS

6 Feleti MATEO
7 Kristopher KEATING

8 Nathan CAYLESS [C]
9 Matthew KEATING
10 Fuifui MOIMOI
11 Nathan HINDMARSH

12 Todd LOWRIE
13 Chad ROBINSON

14 Brendan OAKE
15 Josh CORDOBA
16 Weller HAURAKI
17 Junior PAULO
[/FONT]

Geeze our recruitment is shocking as well..we are getting no one next year despite loosing Wagon, Williams, Robinson, Riddell and Tim Smith...

The future looks bleak

cirque

Juniors
You are got to be kidding about Nathan Cayless. I think Todd Lowrie did decent job tonite compared to other ones. I think all of them are rubbish and including Faleti. KK needs to go back to Toyota Cup and we should get some decent number 6.

Swiftstylez

Bench
He has been below his best of last year, but he is still definitely a first grade player... and if we don't want him, ANYONE else will... It's spiteful to even consider him any less than a first grade player. Coming to grips with this season is going to take a while for a few people, I think.

Avenger

Immortal

14 Brendan OAKE
15 Josh CORDOBA
16 Weller HAURAKI
17 Junior PAULO

The above monkeys would never put on a jersey again, if it was up to me.

They suck.

bartman

Immortal
It's the inconsistency that kills us. Has done all season.

Most of the squad are able at this level, but they don't show us the skills or play together as a team to show it consistently.

The only ones from tonight's team that I think were to standard (first grade, or their own standard of talent) this season (overall, not just in glimpses) were:

6 Feleti MATEO
9 Matthew KEATING
10 Fuifui MOIMOI
11 Nathan HINDMARSH
13 Chad ROBINSON

Encouragement awards (I believe their best is coming) to:
7 Kristopher KEATING
12 Todd LOWRIE

To be honest I haven't had too much of a problem with the efforts of Brett FINCH or Joel REDDY throughout the season, and probably also
8 Nathan CAYLESS
...though he is past his best and we are in the habit of looking to him for too much responsibility wise?

I'd make FINCH the team captain next season, leave Cayless as a club captain or something and just let him concentrate on breaking the advantage line during games like he could in the old days.

Outside backs all need to wake the f**k up, and the bench has largely been appalling this season.

Bazal

Post Whore
Paulo has been good, if inconsistent. He's been better than Cayless IMO, which is nothing to sneeze at for an inexperienced kid. Weller and Oake have been hugely disappointing, as has Tautai. Galuvao needed more of a run than he got.

For mine the shining light has been Reddy and Mateo....

Avenger

Immortal
I don't know what you people see in Matt Keating. He has nothing on the past hookers we have had.

Avenger

Immortal
Anthony Mitchell will overtake him in the pecking order.

( If we had a normal coach, that is.)

Bazal

Post Whore
Anthony Mitchell will overtake him in the pecking order.

( If we had a normal coach, that is.)

Mitchell can't even consistently feature in NYC....so I doubt it. Keating has been very solid, and like most has suffered under a sh*t coach and in a side that's struggled all year.

Avenger

Immortal
Mitchell can't even consistently feature in NYC....so I doubt it. Keating has been very solid, and like most has suffered under a sh*t coach and in a side that's struggled all year.

Didn't you vote to keep Hagan for 2009 ?

Latest posts