What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hook’s Days Numbered?

justadragon

Bench
I mentioned Cameron Smith in another post. Got to see how he goes being an assistant for Slater for the Maroons SOO team. He lives up north with his family so I think they have settled and might be too hard to lure him down to us but anything is possible.
i think as a football brain and the latest gameplans he would be excellent, plus he is from the modern game and i dont think the boys would be pulling the piss out of him

Illusion

Bench
i think as a football brain and the latest gameplans he would be excellent, plus he is from the modern game and i dont think the boys would be pulling the piss out of him
Yea he would be better than what we have, Ryles would be better than what we have but would either of them want to start their coaching careers with this lot , could distroy their coaching before it starts ......

justadragon

Bench
Yea he would be better than what we have, Ryles would be better than what we have but would either of them want to start their coaching careers with this lot , could distroy their coaching before it starts ......
the club has to be proactive with what they want and get the board to make it happen, not just advertise and see what happens, the top clubs always chase what they want be it either coach or player

Dragon David

First Grade
Whats the hold up, move him in this week, he’s a premiership coach who already knows the club amd the players know him. Has he served that suspension yet?
Suspension has been served and is a free agent to coach anywhere in the world. If things can be done to change his hat at the Dragons with a big "C" on it and Hook is given the limp handshake to walk into the sunset, then just get it done.

Como Connection

First Grade
I mentioned Cameron Smith in another post. Got to see how he goes being an assistant for Slater for the Maroons SOO team. He lives up north with his family so I think they have settled and might be too hard to lure him down to us but anything is possible.
Won't happen.
CC

Dragon David

First Grade
I've packed my bat away already.
I was actually barracking for the sharks today .
Had fun barracking for the broncos yesterday
I've never done that before
I'm just over the shit our club keeps dishing out.
It is a pity that we have to go to this extreme. I must say that you get a few kicks out of watching and picking a team to win and they do well. I pretend that the team I am watching are the Dragons, that always makes a difference - yeah!

Dragon David

First Grade
I've been told that Tyrell Sloan hasn't taken any offence about being stood down for a while and that he understands that his line defence needs to be improved and he knows he will be getting more chances. Hook isn't a man manager, nonetheless, not like Benny, Gibson and Bellamy for instance. He is a poor communicator and will not lead us into winning a premiership.

A person of strong personality and a proven track record is needed to take his place.

If nothing is done we could lose a few of the young ones, although they are locked up in contracts but they don't mean anything nowadays, take Saab for instance.

The administration team as a whole needs to be retrenched as well.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'd be getting an external review done immediately.

That's what would occur if the management and board were dead set about changing the fortunes of this once proud club. And yet they couldn't even get the review right last time which turned out to be a smokescreen anyway. Wouldn't trust some of the people making decisions at the Dragons as far as I could throw them. By acknowledging the players aren't playing for the coach and that he is under par is bringing their own shortcomings into focus and so they'll happily let the loss records tumble while they cover their own behinds instead.

New board then a new coach. Only then will we cleave off the rot that has plagued us for too long.

Gareth67

First Grade
It is a pity that we have to go to this extreme. I must say that you get a few kicks out of watching and picking a team to win and they do well. I pretend that the team I am watching are the Dragons, that always makes a difference - yeah!
Oh Dave , not you whom was born and bred in the heart of Dragon territory . We will all go to our graves as Dragon supporters , it could be a good thing as it may help us get pass that man with the long white beard at the Pearly Gates . 😇

But to Griffin possibly being sacked is a bit too much to believe for mine , more so from our pro-active board who have made such long strides forward to the continued success of the Dragons over the last 10 or so years .

I am not saying that he doesn’t need to pick his game up in the coming weeks as blind freddy can see that , but just who would they replace him with ? And the players who are supposedly on their way out , who will replace them ?

We missed the boat last year as far as both coach and players were concerned , all that remains are slim-pickings and then of course you have our board of imbeciles itself .

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
I agree as both Head & Gentle are part of the problem and not the interim solution.
Our brain dead Board should widen their search to the UK and look at St Helen’s coach Kristian Woolf.
Aussie coach with a great record as Tonga coach and ESL
2 championships in 2020 & 2021.
Give him the keys for 2023 and tell him to bring some skilful & speedy Poms with him.
No more POMS thankyou
Canberra has tried that one