What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hook’s Days Numbered?

BBTB

Juniors
Yes what you say is true...no argument from me with the stats... but to suggest hes to old for todays game is total bullshit in anyones language....its not just "HIS" record let me add....."ITS" the players record as well.......Im not supporting Griffin one way or the other as i pointed out in my post Hook has his shortcomings but I get sick and tired of hearing its everyones fault but the players
Yes, to me the players are sick of Hook, they don't seem tobe turning up. Then that disrespectful rant of Lomax.
I think Hook has some problems.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes, to me the players are sick of Hook, they don't seem tobe turning up. Then that disrespectful rant of Lomax.
I think Hook has some problems.
For me I still see plenty of effort from our players..but as individuals and just execution poor.
I dont believe he has lost the dressing room yet
To think that Hook has issues with the players respect because of a Fletch & Hindy skit is ridiculous.
The club and likely Hook would have to sanction it before going to air.
All clubs and players take the piss about their coach in those situations..that is what the skit is about. No different to Bennett and Souths players in interviews in previous years.

redv13

Bench
For me I still see plenty of effort from our players..but as individuals and just execution poor.

Agree 100%. Were all disappointed and pissed at the moment but let’s just chill. Got a good feeling about tomorrow

dragon thomo

Juniors
The disappointing part of it all was I was a Grffin supporter. I am now at a point were I do not get excited to watch my team play, even if we win today I do not get to see our future run around In first grade.
Instead we have players playing in positions that are band aid solutions.
Mbye is not a fullback as he is not quick enough.
Bird tries to hard at 5/8 and does not give our centres early ball.
It is starting to feel like the McGregor days where if we win it only means we keep on picking the same side.

BBTB

Juniors
To think that Hook has issues with the players respect because of a Fletch & Hindy skit is ridiculous.
All clubs and players take the piss about their coach in those situations..that is what the skit is about. No different to Bennett and Souths players in interviews in previous years.
Otter bullsh.t

blacksafake

First Grade
Agree
Lomax when asked about it said there was no issue @ Hooks wife & daughter thought it was funny.

Players have been doing it for ages.
Langer/Walters>Bennett
Walker/Cook>Bennett
Smith/Munster/Smith>Bellamy
Cherry-Evans/Foran/Turbo>Des
Etc etc

BBTB

Juniors
The disappointing part of it all was I was a Grffin supporter. I am now at a point were I do not get excited to watch my team play, even if we win today I do not get to see our future run around In first grade.
It is starting to feel like the McGregor days where if we win it only means we keep on picking the same side.
This Hook campaign is getting worse by the week.
Looks like Penrith decision was right , Griffin can't coach.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think you have hit the nail on the head with the sledge hammer here DT - if we win, the same side keeps being picked. This would of course be an upside for us, however, the youth would not be seen too much and this is what we have been looking forward to.... but yet again, it gives the young ones more time to "breath and grow" for years to come if they are good enough.

BLM01

First Grade
All true but bandaid is all we have until the kids are playing and performing to the required standard in the coach's eyes. Just look at Dufty this year, X factor in attack only every now and again.
His defiencies off the ball and avoiding collision have not improved at the Dogs which will ultimately stifle his NRL career. We all saw that coming. We dont want to go through all that again.

Mojo

Bench
All true but bandaid is all we have until the kids are playing and performing to the required standard in the coach's eyes. Just look at Dufty this year, X factor in attack only every now and again.
His defiencies off the ball and avoiding collision have not improved at the Dogs which will ultimately stifle his NRL career. We all saw that coming. We dont want to go through all that again.
Conversely we will get to see Adam Clune up against us today. I would have preferred to have kept him at the Dragons. We could really use him right now. We'll see.

BLM01

First Grade
Conversely we will get to see Adam Clune up against us today. I would have preferred to have kept him at the Dragons. We could really use him right now. We'll see.
AC who I like but is not a kid and he was praised to the hilt after Newc Round 1 and even Round 2 win but does not play the lead hand.
After watching him the past 2 weeks and now they have Milford and that Crossland I have a feeling he wont be in their starting squad shortly
Hope he has a bludger today..I am a Dragons supporter!

mickeylane

Bench
I still say we have the players just that they are all jumbled around in wrong positions like a jigsaw puzzle...Hunt HAS TO BE the hooker he is in the top 5 NRL hookers FFS...our forward pack is very competitive and our backline if we include all the youngsters is very exciting ...the only conundrum for me is how do we get the best out of Lomax ...is it at FB or at centre....the team is just being selected wrong...

Dragon David

First Grade
I still say we have the players just that they are all jumbled around in wrong positions like a jigsaw puzzle...Hunt HAS TO BE the hooker he is in the top 5 NRL hookers FFS...our forward pack is very competitive and our backline if we include all the youngsters is very exciting ...the only conundrum for me is how do we get the best out of Lomax ...is it at FB or at centre....the team is just being selected wrong...
I know that this is all perplexing to us but Hook has his reasons for the "band aid" selections as BLM01 has mentioned. Whether or not his reasons will result in success is a wait and see for at least the next 8 games I should imagine. In those 8 games, the teams that should beat us are the Roosters and the Storm. The wins could be against the Knights, Tigers, Titans, Warriors, Bulldogs and the Cowboys. Wait, I just saw something pink flying in the sky!!

rasaint

Juniors
It seems to me that Ivan Cleary hit the sweet spot.

Penrith had a great crop of Juniors coming through just as Hook punted. From memory the Panthers under Hook were competing well around or in the top 4 and making a run. Maybe or maybe not Hook was disliked by players to a degree or big degree?

Phil Gould apparently wanted him out and sacked him. However, I think the Panthers Board etc knew that to get Nathan resigned ( now a prodigious talent developed locally) it was a package deal with dad Ivan as coach. Remember Ivan was at the Panthers about 5 years and then Tigers about 2 with modest to underwhelming records.

As I have always posted you have to have the cattle. Good luck to Ivan and Nathan another great package deal.