What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooker

Tiger05

First Grade
It seems pretty clear that Madge doesn't have a wrap on liddle. If he did he would have given him a chance to play 80 minutes to see how he goes. He hasn't done this, or re-signed him so the only conclusion you can draw is that he's off tap.

As per the info in the SMH I thought the club were trying to retain Liddle. It was more about the dollars.

2 important things from the SMH article.

Farah and the Tigers remain in no rush about a deal for 2020. The tip is Farah will call it quits and Marshall will play on.

Farah's understudy, Jacob Liddle, continues to bulk up and is understood to have already signed a new deal with the club, while Queenslander Jake Simpkins arrives in the new season with big raps.

Well 3 if you include Simpkins.

Tigerm

First Grade

Farah and the Tigers remain in no rush about a deal for 2020. The tip is Farah will call it quits and Marshall will play on.

Farah's understudy, Jacob Liddle, continues to bulk up and is understood to have already signed a new deal with the club, while Queenslander Jake Simpkins arrives in the new season with big raps.

And if the club either of the hookers are good enough to take on the NRL spot, then that will be fantastic.

WA Tiger

Bench
Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Farah said the worst thing about Ivan leaving was having to do a preseason under Madge. He did say it on the Professor, so it was most likely said in jest..

Vic Mackey

Referee

I believe Simpkins is on a Development Contract. Not sure why the club hasn’t announced it yet

gordsy

Juniors
Please no Mybe to hooker ideas. We should be turfing him. Fancying paying 600k for Moses bloody Mybe. Eevn worse would be playing him at hooker to cover Liddle's inability to cover hooker. THat's a whole new level of Sheenius.

macnaz

Staff member
Tigers lock down Robbie Farah replacement but keep quiet on veteran’s future
6a399ed67a39dee889f715e44046f154

Tigers youngster Jacob Liddle is set to announce a new deal.
Wests Tigers are in a holding pattern over the future of Robbie Farah, but the club has locked down the man it hopes can be his long-term replacement at Concord.

Foxsports.com.au understands the Tigers and 22-year-old Jacob Liddle have agreed to a new deal.

The club is expected to announce the news next week, once Farah’s 300th game celebrations have died down.

Liddle has played 36 games for the club since debuting in 2016, interrupted by a double shoulder operation at the beginning of 2018.
He’s played second fiddle to Farah this season but the Tigers have put their faith in the young rake to fill the shoes of the 2005 premiership winner once the latter does retire.

Tigers coach Michael Maguire is a fan of Liddle’s and was keen to keep him at the club.

“He’s going really well, I’m really pleased with Jacob,” Maguire said on Thursday.

“Jacob Liddle is going to be a big part of the future and where we’re going.”

The sticking point now is whether Farah decides to retire at season’s end or sign a new
His premiership mate Benji Marshall is being tipped to run around again in 2020, and if that happens Farah is likely to join the ride.

Maguire says the club is preparing for both possibilities.

“We’re aware of where they could possibly go. We’re in a position to cater for those sorts of things.”

FoxSports.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Liddle should be playing and not Robbie.I can handle the two hooker rotation though. I just think Robbie should be getting less game time.

Robbie though can go 80. It's not a quality 80 but last night he didn't come up with poor options. He let the halves take most of the last tackle plays and it worked a lot better. He just isn't much of a thread from dummy half. I can't see Liddle going 80 at the moment.

Tigerm

First Grade
I reckon Liddle should be playing and not Robbie.I can handle the two hooker rotation though. I just think Robbie should be getting less game time.

Robbie though can go 80. It's not a quality 80 but last night he didn't come up with poor options. He let the halves take most of the last tackle plays and it worked a lot better. He just isn't much of a thread from dummy half. I can't see Liddle going 80 at the moment.
You're having an each way bet here. Didn't RF score from dummy half? Rightly, you want the halves to get the ball, but you want Liddle to run it.
I don't think things will change while we are still a chance for the 8. I just don't think we can carry 2 hookers in a game.
But I do agree, Liddle needs to be able to show his stuff just not sure when that will happen.

The unknown

Juniors
Robbie did his job last night. For maybe the first time this year Brooks got quality ball and was able to play his natural game. I wouldn't say Farah won us the game, it was probably more due to the fact we had 4 forwards to choose from on the bench

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Farah was very strong last night and 4 forwards was the only reason we were able to stand up against Klem and Saifiti.

Farah was very strong last night and 4 forwards was the only reason we were able to stand up against Klem and Saifiti.
The 4 forwards not including another 9 is the way to go and perhaps we won’t see Liddle again this season so he can qualify for the NSW Cup final series. (actually the reserves have a bye next week so he may be listed).

I think mathematically the reserves have a better chance of playing in September so why not let him get x 80 minute games out of him, have a break and get ready for 2020 as the 1st grade 9. It’s what this old tiger would do now.

Fordy20

Juniors
So the Queens have just signed Billy Brittain. Since Liddle copped the injury that will put him out for most of next season, they have signed TWO hookers that could have worked for us while we wait for Liddle to heal and Simpkins to fill out.

From my list at the start of the thread, Tom Starling has moved to Canberra and now only Matt Parcell is available. There's no way the Storm are going to release Grant. Looks like we will be going into this season with Mbye earning his paycheck at dummy half.