What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOPOATE IS SCUM

Here's what I wrote on the NRL forum:

I hope Hoppa rots in a shallow grave *edit - his family have nothing to do with it*

It's like the bloke who was Hitler's last descendant - *edit*

If someone murdered that criminal pervert tomorrow, no one would grieve.
---

This guy hasnt just shamed himself even more, he's shamed the entire code of rugby league. Over and over again. He is a brilliant advertisement for other sports. That's why Manly fans should not even be defending this sick, degenerate sub-human.

ali

Bench
Shocking. As NCL said we saw him leave his wing and time his run from an offside position to go for a big hit. He was offside, the hit was late, and it was the worst thing I've ever seen at a footy match. I am usually a fan of letting the judiciary deal with these things, but that was criminal. Send him straight to the police.

He should be banned for life, from all Rugby League. If this a pub League, he'd probably cop a 5 year ban. So I don't see what should be different here. Otherwise he'll probably resurface next year with some French team or desperate Super League side.

Never let him anywhere near a footy field again, and as SS said, stop his bloodlines. The thought of 8 more Hoppas (or however many boys he has) running around in the NRL is a nightmare. At least his brother gave it away, though maybe he is a nicer bloke, as I heard Albert called Keith this morning to apologise long before John did.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yes he left the line early.
He rans straight past Simpkins.
A competent referee at that point calls out "stay out of it" or blows his whistle.

Hopoate doesnt have a brain.

simpkins supposedly does.

He took what should have been a run of the mill match & turned it into a cinder box within 2 minutes.

Nullajet

Juniors
you know what baffles me as well?

Why? I mean.......youre up 24 to nil....what makes a player come flying in like that .even if to pull off a big hit (legally).....thats usually something a player does .....i mean from that far back and all......to fire up the team mates and turn things around or break open a tight match.....

they were cruising.........what the f**k was he thinking even attempting such a thing?

carcharias

Immortal
Well Nulla it 's J Hopoate .
Why did he do any of that stuff.
The answer is that there is no answer.
No intelligent human being can understand why.

He is like someone who kill's children in that we cannot even fathom how one would carry out the act let alone plan or consider it.

I wonder what would of been the crowds reaction had it happened at Shark Park on a Saturday night.
It could of ended up as a bloodbath.

et

Juniors
Galloway should not only sue Hopoate, but also Manly for negligence in employing him.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
You are a dickhead and three quarters, et.

IF that's the case, I hope Martenee bankrupts your club in suing Bird.

cliffy is god is becoming the most despicable troll on this forum

Manly are scum for employing him in the first place, and continuing to employ him, but they were desperate and we know how low Manly can go.

The NRL is the organisation who this reflects most harshly upon: the organisation scared to make the big decisions - do they even have decision-making mechanisms? John Hopoate, that criminal animal, should have been out of the game years ago. The NRL was too cowardly to act.

I actually remember when he was given that piss weak suspension over his sexual assault antics that people raised the question "Is it really any worse than if he'd committed a bad high tackle?"

I guess we're in a position to figure that question out now.

carcharias

Immortal
I think there is a slight difference , Bird was a cat and got what he deserved.
If you had been on this forum you would have seen that in our comments.

Hopoate has an absolute disgusting record and what he did borders on a criminal act.
The Manly club should of been aware of his lack of repentance from his previous indiscretions .
From where I sit the club is just as stupid as him.
Last year he threatened an official on the sideline, this year abuses a child doing the right thing and now the latest.
Possibly the sickest display of bad sportsmanship ever displayed on a football field EVER.
Les Boyd's elbow on Broham's wasn't as premeditated.
Not forgetting the fact he made world headlines for sticking his finger's up other players anus's.
Seriously , what employer in their right minds would hire a bloke capable of this behaviour?
Your club is a disgrace.
They should sack the human impersonator now , why bother waiting.

Terry Hills support of the bloke is unbelievable , sure at the game he would of thought it was a great shot.
One look at the video shows it was no accident , in fact it was anything but an accident .
Hill would of seen it before he got on the radio and stuck up for him.

The next time a Manly player gets a forearm to the head and ends up in hospital lets see if Tezza still thinks these things are accidents.

millersnose

Post Whore
CliffyIsGod said:
You are a dickhead and three quarters, et.

IF that's the case, I hope Martenee bankrupts your club in suing Bird.

hey cliffy

you are a busy boy defending hoppa

you must like him

does he let you smell his fingers?

wittyfan

Referee
ShireKing said:
Manly are scum for employing him in the first place, and continuing to employ him, but they were desperate and we know how low Manly can go.

Yep, they signed him back within weeks of the "poking" incident. No other club would even consider him then.

Also he copped a long holiday last year, yet the club still clung to him for dear life.

DJDL

First Grade
He should be banned for life, from all Rugby League. If this a pub League, he'd probably cop a 5 year ban. So I don't see what should be different here. Otherwise he'll probably resurface next year with some French team or desperate Super League side.

How does that all work?
If a player is de-registered by the NRL - and put on a life ban - I think that only applies to the NRL.

Surely any player banned from one of the competitions under the International Rugby League (or whatever it's called) should be banned from all other comps under the same banner.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I want Hoppa out of my club asap, and I didn't even pick him in sides picked over the off-season.

I am not defending Hoppa at all.

What I said is that it is a farce for et to suggest suing Hoppa, and the club. We all know this is a murky situation that sets a very ugly precedent. Suing the club would be almost immpossible to do and prove.

et was talking bullshit for bullshits' sake.

In this whole situation, all if have defended is the players that high-fived him and the probability of Hoppa being intentional. You just can't prove it.

et

Juniors
CliffyIsGod said:
What I said is that it is a farce for et to suggest suing Hoppa, and the club. We all know this is a murky situation that sets a very ugly precedent. Suing the club would be almost immpossible to do and prove.

et was talking bullsh*t for bullsh*t' sake.
No, I'm serious. If Galloway suffers any permanent injury - as can show up in the long term - he would be well within his rights. I don't like players suing over accidents like the McCracken one. But intentional acts are another matter.

Rogers successfully sued the Bulldogs over the Mark Bugden tackle. That had the extra feature that the Bulldogs coach told Bugden to 'get' Rogers. But with all the statements made by Manly recently about how they want to be the most hated club, I reckon a case could be made along similar lines.

See this link: http://www.ieabrokers.com.au/monthlyupdate10-04-01.html

Also: http://www.playbytherules.net.au/court.html#four

The implications of this decision are that amateur sports clubs, could be liable for the actions of their players (and other members) whether they are paid or not. This may includes their actions on the sporting field. This case makes it the responsibility of the club to deal with players in the club who have a problem with accepting the rules of the game. To do otherwise could be very expensive.

carcharias

Immortal
So Cliffy , do you agree your club has shit for brains for re-hiring this bloke?
Yes it is a very murky area.
My mate works for work cover .
Here's a scenario he working on right now.

A guy died whilst working at a hospital, he was electrocuted . He was an electrician.
They couldn't shut down the power because of life support's system etc.
The part he was working on was directly connected to the power that is always live .
Anyway he touched some bare wires and was tragically and accidentally killed.
My mate is telling me that his boss will probably be sued for negligence.
Now the "murky" part is , his boss didn't install the power box( thingy) he was working on and wasn't actually there when it happened but he will cop the blame and probably go bankrupt.

I don't believe Hopoate's action's were a shoulder charge gone wrong.
It was late, from an offside position with a cocked forearm that hit him flush in the head at full pace.
Hopoate's only purpose was to cause as much damage as possible .

What if Galloway had been killed?

Employer negligence could well of been used in a court case.

It won't be long before it happens.

If he was my son or spouse and was killed because of that I would take action against both player and club and probably the NRL.

Thank Christ/budda/Allah ...(insert religious brainwashing organisation) that he seemingly wasn't too badly hurt.

Leb-PlaYa

Juniors
mullet said:
hoppa will never play again

is there some kind of rule that can see someone suspended or fined for actions such as terry hill's?
Out of all the posts I've read on the forum this one would have to be the absoloute dumbest.