What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bad is the Nein coverage?

Mr Saab

Referee
Some people are hard to please Prince Charles.
I have Fox and so do many others and are spoilt with no adds during the game, but thats Fox. We pay 60-100 a month for that right.
Ch9 is FREE to air...they have to pay for their coverage. Sure Packer is loaded and doesnt need to show ads, but he is a businesman and knows (understatement) how to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Green Machine

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
You know what else if p*ssing me off...

4pm kickoff. Why on Earth are games being moved to STUPID times just for Nine!

Also, picking and choosing to show, or not show international games!!! :x
It’s the NRL doing Channel 9 a favour, so Channel 9 have strong numbers to lead into the 6.00pm Sunday Night News. The same News bulletin that can’t be moved on Grand Final night, so the Premier League can lead straight into the NRL Grand Final Coverage. Channel 9 gets beaten in the Monday to Friday News timeslot because Channel 7 get strong numbers from “Deal or No Deal”.

Green Machine

First Grade
I think the taking of commercial breaks can be scheduled a lot better. More the 50% of tries now go to the video ref, so Channel 9 are pretty good with giving the replay from every angle before the video ref gives his decision. The problem is for tries that are awarded straight away by the on-field ref. Maybe they could give one replay then go to the ad and come back and give a quick replay of the conversion.

Panthers_God

Juniors
I do like the way that Andy Raymond gets way too excited over the football. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Prince Charles said:
The AFL has been doing it for years. After nearly every goal that is kicked they go straight off to an ad break.

Different sport, nothing special happens when they kick a goal no need for a replay. When Channe 7 used to it, I heard they actually wait until the ad is over then they restart.

Maybe the ref's should go to the video ref's all the time so we can see the replays. :D

Striker

Juniors
I dont know if any of you guys watch the English Premier League coverage on FOX i think it comes from BBC in the UK, they have only two commentators in the match it is much better. They have a professional commentator who does the majority and then an ex-professional player who has unbelievable insight into the game i really enjoy the coverage there isn't too many people commentating over each other.

nqboy

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
Nine think we tune in for the commentary and their personalities.
I don't think even Nein are that stupid or that arrogant. It's not that they think that, it's that they want us to.

Billybob

Juniors
they had a big write up in the local paper today about fatty calling the cows "the other mob"

he says he has NQ blood in his veins lol
hes as blue as a smurf

and lots of ppl in there about the biased match calling
we really love our footy up here

nqboy

First Grade
Billybob said:
they had a big write up in the local paper today about fatty calling the cows "the other mob"

he says he has NQ blood in his veins lol
hes as blue as a smurf
Great line BB. Fatty's a corporate s**t who abandoned Qld years ago when he sold his arse to the big end of town.

These days he's only a Queenslander when it suits him, it's blue blood that runs through his veins. And to see that happen to one of our greatest is a very sad thing for the true believers.