What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bad is the Nein coverage?

Cletus

First Grade
Which players girlfriend was that saying a player drives a sponsors car to the game?
I hope thats in his NRL contract.

aussies1st

Staff member
I would have thought 4pm was the time most league games should be played. The reason games are at 3.00pm is cause Nine wants delayed coverage to be played at 4pm.

gaterooze

Bench
Brutus said:
Much better than the pathetic 2GB coverage. I turned off once Ray started questioning the crowd figure posted last night. Why all the negatives Ray? There was definitely around 17,000 there last night.

Part of his vendetta to get rid of the Storm.

Bernster

Juniors
gaterooze said:
Gotta agree, 9 have been absolutely woeful. Live should be LIVE, with ads kept for half time. Not this garbage we're getting.

And why start showing Gould with the Telestrater now? Bloody hell...

That's why I stick to Fox Sports when it comes to live games...too many ads give me the sh*ts bigtime...I don't mind ads at half time though...And I love it that Wallabies games are now live on Fox Sports

drake

First Grade
The best thing for me about the live coverage on Nein today was listening to wok and Morrow as opposed to the idiots on Nein.

Nine footage, ABC commentary.

Panthers_God

Juniors
One good thing they do is when they go to Matty Johns and hes going off his nut on the sideline and the footer comes up "Matthew Johns: Excited". Made me laugh a bit.

Glen

Bench
I don't know why Gould is yelling like a moron for the entire match. I actually think he's a pretty good commentator but he was way over the top and annoying this weekend

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I have to agree here, Channel 9's coverage has been disappointing this year. Not just the ad breaks after a try has been scored but other stuff as well. Im sick of tired of ad breaks after a try, cause we miss the replay of a try even though it was a good try that deserved a replay. And doesnt it happen at the grounds as well, I think Parramatta stadium had to put up with Channel 9's coverage in the Parra/Manly game, not showing a replay until 5 minutes after a try has been scored.

Also I think the commentators have been poor too. Gould has been annoying with his tactics, its like he invented Rugby League and yelling too much. "NOOOOOOO, YOU CANT DO THAT".

Also I think 1 sideline commentator is enough, fair enough if it was the Grand Final but you cant have too many. I like Matt Johns as a commentator but I think its pointless whenever they cross to him, he's excited I know but if they want him so much have him in the box with the rest of them. Get rid of Gould. This has been disappointing, hope they improve it.

Give me Warren Smith and Laurie Daley anyday.

strong_latte

Juniors
Seriously though 9's league coverage is just shocking! Watching it reminds me why I pay for Foxtel every month despite the fact that other than sport it's all just American crap... NRL on Fox, Super Saturday, NRL scoreboard... they kill anything on 9.

Billybob

Juniors
did they lose aheap of money on the cowboys storm game
they were real dirty with the cows all game and even worse after

never giving them credit saying their defence was shocking
mind you they had 5 mistackles at half time

oh well its back to the old days of the underdog cowboys

and whats with humpty dumpty call the cowboys "the other mob"
that was real professional

Grantwhy

Juniors
Billybob said:
did they lose aheap of money on the cowboys storm game
they were real dirty with the cows all game and even worse after

never giving them credit saying their defence was shocking
mind you they had 5 mistackles at half time

oh well its back to the old days of the underdog cowboys

and whats with humpty dumpty call the cowboys "the other mob"
that was real professional

It's back to the old days of a Cowboys win being the fault of the team that lost.

Bernster

Juniors
Tell me something that I don't know...

Although Matty Johns in the Cowboys dressing room after the game was funny

j5o6hn

Juniors
Can anybody explain to me why we cant watch the finals series live on FOX in the AFL states, I have Fox, live in WA get live football all year bar the Finals,problem nine has here is it dont own the station and the AFL dominated newsroom and managment wont show RL at a reasonable time,I hope to god fox shows the GF live as nine wont

jamesgould

Juniors
I agree with most of this. Phil Gould is trying to do a Channel 4 Ashes thing, it doesn't work because cricket is a much slower paced game, it fits in more naturally in that. Although I like him getting excited during the games, good to know he's enjoying it!

The worst thing is the ad-breaks. In NZ we don't even get the ads, just 30 seconds silence with pictures. One of the Tigers tries yesterday was a cracker, can't remember which one (probably coz they only showed it once) AND WE DIDN'T GET A SINGLE REPLAY!!!

It's really affecting my enjoyment of the finals series, eh.

Mr Saab

Referee
And i thought i was a bad whinger! you guys are sooooo bloody hard to please.
Ch9 are a commercial station...repeat...COMMERCIAL station.
Their coverage is fine. I would like a little less M Johns, but thats not a major problem.

Tuffnell

Juniors
jamesgould said:
I agree with most of this. Phil Gould is trying to do a Channel 4 Ashes thing, it doesn't work because cricket is a much slower paced game, it fits in more naturally in that.

I agree. It's absolutely pathetic the way these guys latch on to something popular and try to re-create it in a half-arsed fashion. Gould so obviously trying to do the Simon Hughes channel 4 thing....there is no end to nein's crap!

And Matthew Johns, he's funny but I can do without his mug taking up my whole screen while he makes a running comment - there's a game of footy going on you idiots!

It's THE GAME we want to watch. Not ex-players trying to boost their ever-growing post-career media profiles.

Does anyone get the feeling that Sterlo is geting the shi*s with Gould?

Latest posts