What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bad is the Nein coverage?

Raider Ultra

Bench
The coverage is sh*te. The lead up into the matches is just boring dribble, Gould is terrible and for some reason feels the need to shout, Rabs gets most of the player's names wrong, Fatty contributes nothing. Why do they need 4 commentators on some games? All you need is 2, works much better.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
im dissapointed more in the ch9 level of knowledge of there commentators
to quote sterlo the other night
"melbourne won this same match just a few weeks ago 30-24 over NQ at Townsville"
fatty also said agbout 2 weeks ago what a role brisbane was on

B-dos

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
And i thought i was a bad whinger! you guys are sooooo bloody hard to please.
Ch9 are a commercial station...repeat...COMMERCIAL station.
Their coverage is fine. I would like a little less M Johns, but thats not a major problem.

Thats bullsh*t. Commercial station or not, the viewers want to see a replay of every try. If Ch 9 cant do that then they aren't delivering what the fans want.

Mr Saab

Referee
i would rather watch "live" play than miss out because of replays.

Would you rather it on delay and have 4 sets of 3 mins commericals per half? (like friday night football)
The coverage is fine...more than fine.

B-dos

Referee
By "live" play, do you mean watching the goal kicker line up for his conversion?

I would prefer to watch a replay of a great try than that.

jamesgould

Juniors
B-dos said:
Thats bullsh*t. Commercial station or not, the viewers want to see a replay of every try. If Ch 9 cant do that then they aren't delivering what the fans want.

Absolutely! I get sick of people complaining about Phil Gould non-stop (amongst other things), but not showing a replay of a try in a semi-final is pretty imcompetant ... there should be 3 or 4 looks at it!

Mr Saab

Referee
in a perfect world i would love no commercials, but they are a way of life for a commercial station. It is one of their money earners...they have sposors who sponsor the game...like Holden. They have to show their commercials as they pay a parr of the coverage.
I would rather they go to a commercial after a try. Who wants to see a goal kicker line up a ball.
Some of you should be greatful they show the games finals live...once upon a time they were all on delay!

nqboy

First Grade
B-dos said:
By "live" play, do you mean watching the goal kicker line up for his conversion?

I would prefer to watch a replay of a great try than that.
And Saab, what about the team walking back to their own half? Would you rather watch that then a replay as well?

I'm the first o congratulate them if they do a good job but they're just not and I don't owe them f**k all for putting it on live, they are doing it for their own reasons, not for my benefit, whatever they might claim.

B-dos

Referee
And Saab, what about the team walking back to their own half? Would you rather watch that then a replay as well?

I think he probably would, its "live" after all.

Mr Saab

Referee
some people are sooooooo hard to please.
Perhaps you should buy a TV station and then you can do what you like.....show no commercials...see how long you stay in business.

B-dos

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
some people are sooooooo hard to please.
Perhaps you should buy a TV station and then you can do what you like.....show no commercials...see how long you stay in business.

Mate, we're not talking about commercials, we are talking about Ch 9 showing coverage of Hodgson lining up for the conversion and the Tigers team walking back to their own half, rather than showing a replay of a great try.

If i owned a TV station, i would give the fans what they want and i think it would be quite successful.

Lungman3

Juniors
That's what you get when idiots running TV stations start thinking that the fans don't know what they want and therefore should be forced otherwise. I guess once your head starts going up your own arse its hard to see what other people think :roll:

Lungman3

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
only part of the coverage i have enjoyed is the cheergirls.....

Yeah, and even then they don't keep the cameras on them long enough. How an i supposed to perve on a dozen hot babes in half a second? :D

ozboy

Juniors
The thing that gets on my nerves is the lack of coverage into the AFL states.

The AFL season has finished for Nine, so why not broadcast the NRL finals series?

At the very least negotiate some sort of deal with ABC or Fox Sports which will allow that station to broadcast the games live for the unfortunate RL fans in the rest of the country.

simon says

First Grade
I just wish the finals were also on fox so i could watch it as usual....you get used to the excellent coverage and no ads.

It really does kill the flow of the game watching an ad every time a team scores.

I think that why Nine wouldnt want the games shown on Fox Sports.

I dont think Fox Sports are able to beam different coverage into different states. Its all basically on one feed they send Australia wide.

The last thing Nine wants is for any fans to be able to flick channels and see the game live without ads.

heck, Nine are flat out allowing Radio coverage.

Nine also would like you to believe that unless you hear the news or see the games on Nine....then you wouldnt hear or see anything about Rugby League on any other medium.

dubby

Bench
Billybob said:
did they lose aheap of money on the cowboys storm game
they were real dirty with the cows all game and even worse after

never giving them credit saying their defence was shocking
mind you they had 5 mistackles at half time

oh well its back to the old days of the underdog cowboys

and whats with humpty dumpty call the cowboys "the other mob"
that was real professional

Yeah, that was really bugging me. Must have lost alot of $$, coz they kept goin on and on about it. Poor old Cows...i hope they watch a replay of that commentary, I'd love to see them win it just to get up Gus and Fatty

Prince Charles

Juniors
The AFL has been doing it for years. After nearly every goal that is kicked they go straight off to an ad break.

Gee there is some whinging going on here... Nine makes money through it's ads, and there is always going to be ads and they will run them in places where people will watch them. Someone wrote that they should run ten minutes of ads at half time and that would be fair - are you serious? Would you sit through the ten minutes of ads? Of course not!

I saw plenty of replays of tries over the weekend. They even replayed most of them again at half time and post match.The finals are LIVE and are being shown at convienent times to watch. I couldn't be happier.