What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How come Nathan Smith got arrested....

greeneyed

First Grade
when half a dozen players just did exactly the same thing on the field on Boots 'n All.... and got off no penalty.... in fact, they repeat it all on TV over and over.....

Smith and Collela were two Raiders players on the tape......

woodgers

Bench
mate, Nathan Smith is one of the best lads in the world. I was just out on the sauce with the reggies and i'll tell you 1 thing, Nathan Smith is one of the best blokes from a fans point of view.

Spike

First Grade
greeneyed said:
when half a dozen players just did exactly the same thing on the field on Boots 'n All.... and got off no penalty.... in fact, they repeat it all on TV over and over.....

Nathan Smith was in the wrong place at the wrong time and underestimated my speed. It was like watching a lion running down an antelope on the discovery channel :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
Spike said:
greeneyed said:

Nathan Smith was in the wrong place at the wrong time and underestimated my speed. It was like watching a lion running down an antelope on the discovery channel :lol:

My point is, though, Tyran Smith does the same thing on national TV and the police at the ground didn't go on an arrest him? :? :? :?

Spike

First Grade
I dunno, I wasn't planning on arresting Nathan either at the time. I was happy to give him a warning to keep his arse in his pants but he refused to put it away when warned. I can't comment on Tyran's actions as I wasn't there. If it happened in Canberra they have slightly different laws to NSW when it comes to offensive conduct.

greeneyed

First Grade
Well someone pulled Tyran's shorts down in a tackle ..... good to see you only wanted to warn him tho.....

greeneyed said:
Well someone pulled Tyran's shorts down in a tackle ..... good to see you only wanted to warn him tho.....

greeneyed... please tell me you're kidding?!?

That's all they showed on TV? I assume you're referring to the game against Penrith last year, yeah?

Because I can tell you the reason he didn't get arrested then is because he didn't... you know... WILLFULLY pull down his own pants to expose himself... another player did it. :|

Spike

First Grade
Yes I arrested him. At the time I didn't have a clue who he was not that it would of made any difference to me. At least I can claim that I have ran down a first grade rugby league player although he well well affected by alcohol at the time.

I've got to go to court later this month for it. He pleaded not guilty at the mention date and I've put a solid brief together so we'll see how we go. I'm pretty confident I'll win though. 8)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Spike said:
Yes I arrested him. At the time I didn't have a clue who he was not that it would of made any difference to me. At least I can claim that I have ran down a first grade rugby league player although he well well affected by alcohol at the time.

I've got to go to court later this month for it. He pleaded not guilty at the mention date and I've put a solid brief together so we'll see how we go. I'm pretty confident I'll win though. 8)

no offence spike, dont mean to ruin your dreams but Nate is hardly the speedster most wingers are.... but hell most dont have to know that ;-)

Spike

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
no offence spike, dont mean to ruin your dreams but Nate is hardly the speedster most wingers are.... but hell most dont have to know that ;-)

He really shouldn't be playing on the wing then because I play at lock :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
I'm still yet to be convinced on Nathan Smith's character... I hope he's changed a lot from the person I used to know.

Although if what you all are saying is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then he has cleaned up his act. For that, full congratulations are due.

hrundi99

First Grade
Spike said:

Give him a break mate.

Everyone's entitled to be young and stupid from time to time, and no-one got hurt.